Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OPRAH WINFREY pulled out of weight watchers. Their stock dropped more than 25 percent. If you recall she was a spokes person for them as in a participant using her name to promote ww. I think they should sue her.. my understanding of it is she renigged on their deal.
I haven’t seen anything about reneging on a deal. She stepped down from her position on the board of directors.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,733,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She used ozempic to lose weight. They asked for her resignation and she agreed her using that med went against the principals of Weight Watchers. False advertising basically.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟916,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She used ozempic to lose weight. They asked for her resignation and she agreed her using that med went against the principals of Weight Watchers. False advertising basically.
She hasn’t disclosed which meds he has used and she will still be associated with WW as an advisor and collaborator. Also, WW is itself incorporating weight loss medications into its program.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,733,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She hasn’t disclosed which meds he has used and she will still be associated with WW as an advisor and collaborator. Also, WW is itself incorporating weight loss medications into its program.
No kidding? I had no idea they were incorporating meds. So not so controversial then. ;)

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I should make this clear to you. My post was merely to correct the spelling of the word “reneged” from returntosender’s post right above mine. Clear?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I should make this clear to you. My post was merely to correct the spelling of the word “reneged” from returntosender’s post right above mine. Clear?
Thank you, i corrected it:)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My info was from DBL. She's a savvy business woman and should have known the ramifications of her actions. If she remained in the background then there should have been a better way to keep from ruining the company. WW is a reputable and valuable company. I hope it continues to succeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nice to see you Bella.:)

Thank you. It's nice to see you too. I hope you're well. :)

The medicine is intended to treat diabetes. Weight loss is a side effect. While I'm not an expert, it appears to mimic other devices that allow you to lose weight faster than normal. And that usually causes problems elsewhere.

Weight loss surgery is a good example. Some experience hair loss or thinning and vitamin deficiencies to name a few. They don't absorb it through the food and must rely on supplements depending on the procedure.

Rapid weight loss may cause loose skin or exacerbate it which leads to sagging. It doesn't resemble healthy skin. It's usually wrinkled or dimpled. Elasticity diminishes with age and excessive weight. It doesn't bounce back easily. The older you are when the loss occurs the more likely you'll have loose skin. Modest amounts can be corrected with liposuction. Sizable amounts require plastic surgery.

If you're taking ozempic to lose weight you may have to get a nip and tuck afterwards. That includes procedures to combat facial discrepancies. Which usually means filler and other stuff. And that has a consequence as well. Scar tissue.

From my understanding the weight returns if you stop taking the medicine. And taking it requires surgical tweaks. Which inevitably creates scar tissue that ages you. It's a weird way to solve a problem.

The ozempic explosion is the result of a fashion trend. Curves were ideal for a time. Largely due to the Kardashians. That's when plastic surgery went mainstream and people clamored for bbl's, fillers, and augmentation. But the pendulum swung last year and thin is in. Not just thin. Really thin. Some say the waif is back others call it country club chic. A few curves but not too much. That's the look.

~bella

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,733,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was not even in my thought process on how I responded. I knew what was meant. Clear? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He's my English angel:)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. It's nice to see you too. I hope you're well. :)

The medicine is intended to treat diabetes. Weight loss is a side effect. While I'm not an expert, it appears to mimic other devices that allow you to lose weight faster than normal. And that usually causes problems elsewhere.

Weight loss surgery is a good example. Some experience hair loss or thinning and vitamin deficiencies to name a few. They don't absorb it through the food and must rely on supplements depending on the procedure.

Rapid weight loss may cause loose skin or exacerbate it which leads to sagging. It doesn't resemble healthy skin. It's usually wrinkled or dimpled. Elasticity diminishes with age and excessive weight. It doesn't bounce back easily. The older you are when the loss occurs the more likely you'll have loose skin. Modest amounts can be corrected with liposuction. Sizable amounts require plastic surgery.

If you're taking ozempic to lose weight you may have to get a nip and tuck afterwards. That includes procedures to combat facial discrepancies. Which usually means filler and other stuff. And that has a consequence as well. Scar tissue.

From my understanding the weight returns if you stop taking the medicine. And taking it requires surgical tweaks. Which inevitably creates scar tissue that ages you. It's a weird way to solve a problem.

The ozempic explosion is the result of a fashion trend. Curves were ideal for a time. Largely due to the Kardashians. That's when plastic surgery went mainstream and people clamored for bbl's, fillers, and augmentation. But the pendulum swung last year and thin is in. Not just thin. Really thin. Some say the waif is back others call it country club chic. A few curves but not too much. That's the look.

~bella
Thank you, i hope you are also. Have you found the one yet?:)

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0