N/A
✟152,696.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Wouldn't it be great if all the NATO countries would put as much into their defense budgets as they are supposed to do?
It would be great, if all the NATO countries were not in debt. Buying useless military equipment without a real need, when the country is in debt, does not make much sense. Its much better to put it into health care, education, social services, infrastructure etc.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would be great, if all the NATO countries were not in debt.
Oh, if this ain't the God-given truth! I think this in part will lead to America's downfall. If inflation comes back, which it will because of the disruptions in shipping, we won't be able to service the interest payments on our debt.
Buying useless military equipment without a real need, when the country is in debt, does not make much sense. Its much better to put it into health care, education, social services, infrastructure etc.
Well, dude if we keep poking the Bear with NATO on its borders you'll wish you had armament. We are also poking the Dragon (sanctions on semiconductors) over Taiwan for its high-end semiconductors. As a Christian, I understand where we are headed.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,696.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, dude if we keep poking the Bear with NATO on its borders you'll wish you had armament. We are also poking the Dragon (sanctions on semiconductors) over Taiwan for its high-end semiconductors. As a Christian, I understand where we are headed.
The EU has a strong armament. I doubt Russia would be successful in a conventional war against just for example Poland and Finland, not to say against the whole EU (other EU members have the obligation to help, its even a stronger obligation than in the NATO treaty).

However, now, when the chance of the conflict is higher than before, most countries spend more money on arms than before, because it makes sense, now.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The EU has a strong armament. I doubt Russia would be successful in a conventional war against just for example Poland and Finland, not to say against the whole EU.
You are probably right but something happens that allows the attack on Israel in the future.

• Agree
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,696.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are probably right but something happens that allows the attack on Israel in the future.
This is just a story among American evangelicals, taught more from a pulpit than from a real political situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,696.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Am I mis interpreting the book of Revelation?
I think so. Not just you, its simply a wide-spread story in the US environment (Russia is the perceived enemy, so let us insert them in the Bible, too. Even though Russia is probably a more Christian country than the USA).

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟174,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Many people think so, but the uncertainty of it means there is no reason to use it as a guide to the foreign policy of a secular state.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many people think so, but the uncertainty of it means there is no reason to use it as a guide to the foreign policy of a secular state.
I agree, but I do like to watch. Just like when the bible says Israel possibly be attacked for spoils. I like to see what resource is so important to be attacked for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,266.00
Faith
Pentecostal
No you are not. It absolutely happens. Who exactly is involved may be up for interpretation due to Russia China etc not existing at the time as it does now. Prophecy often is made clear when it occurs and it's not crystal clear until then. But one part is clear is that Israel gets attacked.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,266.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It would be great, if all the NATO countries were not in debt. Buying useless military equipment without a real need, when the country is in debt, does not make much sense. Its much better to put it into health care, education, social services, infrastructure etc.
It would be great if no country was in debt. And the whole NATO support should be shared as agreed upon. The US funds 3.5% And we are heavily in debt.

Is all the military spending useless? Maybe. Our military is. HUGE. It takes up about 14% of the US budget. Over 50% goes to welfare type programs. Could we drop military spending by 5% and increase welfare programs by 5%. Sure.

Would that be wise? I don't know. Perhaps there is a better way to spend the military money than we do now.

Upvote 0