Is it strange to be over the hill and still be single?

Old Soul life

Aug 31, 2022
In the past
✟16,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am guessing nobody really cares about my opinions and also I am a nobody going nowhere. Why am I wasting my time posting these thoughts on the internet. So goodbye internet so long. I am done with you and will never come back.

• Prayers
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am guessing nobody really cares about my opinions and also I am a nobody going nowhere. Why am I wasting my time posting these thoughts on the internet. So goodbye internet so long. I am done with you and will never come back.
Why are you saying something like that? I care and I am sure there are lots of people here that do. Did someone say something bad to you. Are you feeling bad right now, me too. In the last month a dog came in the yard and killed 6 cats I feed. Saturday he killed rooty the rooster that's been living here for a while. I am so sad and the pound and the police don't care. My beebee gun quit working. I am so upset. Now you tell me what's going on with you?

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
the bible says its good we can focus on Jesus more if we are single
the reality is most singles don't do this, including myself as it is more for those who do not "burn" so to speak. I had to kill my burn with meds because it bothered me and after years of being reassured by women that I was not good enough for anyone and with medical stuff popping up, ironically as a result of my loneliness (real heart issues can come from this), it just frustrates me.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not all of us are capable of doing that,
Some of us need to marry to save our souls

Some things can help reduce sex drive by eating less and avoiding sugar. Even that is difficult.

Feeding the spirit in this evil world would naturally be difficult.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some things can help reduce sex drive by eating less and avoiding sugar. Even that is difficult.

Feeding the spirit in this evil world would naturally be difficult.
Problem with that is when you start to deny your flesh the attacks get much worse lol
I've been dealing with a Spirit of Lust too and it tends to makes those tiny little ant hills into mount Everest very quickly while trying to 'fast' etc

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Planning a birthday party for my Dad. My siblings are suggesting all kinds of elaborate things for the event. At the last minute, no less. These should have been mentioned months ago, so they could be properly implemented. Ugh. Why can't he just have a happy birthday and visit with us? I'm not a big fan of lengthy and involved itineraries for events like this. Especially, when there isn't enough time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Problem with that is when you start to deny your flesh the attacks get much worse lol
I've been dealing with a Spirit of Lust too and it tends to makes those tiny little ant hills into mount Everest very quickly while trying to 'fast' etc
That's different! I thought by dealing with the 'fuel' (sugar) that feeds our gears, it would go away or become less intense. Fortunately, it worked for me.......but the temptation to over-eat is becoming quite difficult to endure!

But between the two, I think overcoming lust is more difficult. I just have to do the lesser evil and eat less.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's different! I thought by dealing with the 'fuel' (sugar) that feeds our gears, it would go away or become less intense. Fortunately, it worked for me.......but the temptation to over-eat is becoming quite difficult to endure!

But between the two, I think overcoming lust is more difficult. I just have to do the lesser evil and eat less.

lust comes in all forms. I used to lust after food among other things. I got unhappy being big and decided to change. Keep fighting! Food is a need but too much can be bad, not just physically but spiritually.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟737,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It is strange for me a bit. I mean I don't ruminate over it but I see my friends now having grandkids when I never even had kids. I feel like I missed out on a very fulfilling life of raising kids. Then I think, maybe I was never ready to have children being immature and not having a stable career. Not to mention I could never get my fiancee' to commit to a date. When she died, I still could never even look at another woman. I feel like I missed out.

At the same time, I only have myself to worry about (and my elderly mother). So I ended up seeing it as since I am the youngest of 6, it's my job to take care of my mom for the rest of her life. Maybe I could have still fit in a wife but in my experience, wives and mother-in-laws bump heads too much.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
lust comes in all forms. I used to lust after food among other things. I got unhappy being big and decided to change. Keep fighting! Food is a need but too much can be bad, not just physically but spiritually.

You're right and the 'rich' tasting foods can be like a drug and addictive!

I love sweets like chocolate. Sweet drinks but they trigger my lust. Same effect with eating more of any food I love the taste.

It's hard for me to resist food temptation because of my very high metabolic rate. But if I have to choose between lust and food cravings, I can tolerate food cravings better than lust so I deny myself of too much food to get rid of lust as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure either... I'm simply denying myself to feed my spirit. It's not entirely suffering as I found out.
He was sure but never explained why. I don't care to know why because i don't want any excuses to bring that back:)

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I totally agree!:(

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's pretty terrible but i feel if i can't have one i find another. If i can't eat what i want i go on a buying streak, etc. Its bad right now. A lot to do with things in turmoil. I did kick the physical need though,. Thankfully. Maybe denying ourselves for God with our bad habits? What's the word,. Fasting away what we shouldn't be doing.

Upvote 0