Can we be in two different places at once?

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In other words, "reality", in the term, 'subjective reality', is not really reality, but only what one considers to be real.
Yes. Subjective reality refers to the individual’s perception of what is real, shaped by their personal experiences, emotions, and beliefs. While it may not necessarily align with an objective reality, it holds significance in shaping our understanding of the world.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟796,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes. Subjective reality refers to the individual’s perception of what is real, shaped by their personal experiences, emotions, and beliefs. While it may not necessarily align with an objective reality, it holds significance in shaping our understanding of the world.
So, a sort of tongue-in-cheek term. Maybe even a bit derogatory toward the person attempting to subjugate reality to his view.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So, a sort of tongue-in-cheek term. Maybe even a bit derogatory toward the person attempting to subjugate reality to his view.
This is basic 101 psychology. A required class at the university I went to. Just like this state requires evolution be taught in the high school.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟763,537.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've got a bit of an interest in quantum entanglement. Way back before I left the Presbyterian Church (got married and moved away), my old pastor opined to me that "I think God's going to drive us out into the universe... I think we'll learn to teleport ... Although it will take some time between teleporting material items and teleporting living creatures..."

He would have said that circa 1990/91 as I got married in September 1991 and he died about 4 months later from cancer in January 1992.

But about five years later the first successful tranfer of quantum information was carried out in Austria in 1996.

1. FIRST SUCCESSFUL TELEPORTATION BY ANTON ZEILINGER

An Austrian team led by Anton Zeilinger achieved the first successful teleportation of a quantum state in 1997. In the experiment, the researchers were able to transfer the quantum state from one photon to another by entangling two photons and measuring one of them.

China has had a satellite Micius in orbit for a few years which routinely communicates with a ground station using quantum entanglement.

2017 the team, along with a group of researchers in Austria, was able to employ the satellite to perform the world’s first quantum-encrypted virtual teleconference between Beijing and Vienna.

Obviously this is a long way from teleporting material objects or living beings (which have a non-quantum soul) but I found the pastor had a pretty solid record when it came to his predictions. They usually happened sooner or later.

I'll just have to wait. Personally I think we'll learn how to teleport material items in my lifetime (and I'm nudging 70) but I don't think I'll live to see living creatures teleported.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟763,537.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your comment about the mirror reminds me of a dressing table with wing mirrors that my parents had when I was a kid.

If you got the angles right you could just about see an infinite number of reflections receding into the distance as they bounced off each other.

But one day I had this eerie experience. There seemed to be a demonic face staring at me and it made my skin crawl. It was a long time ago though.

Upvote 0