• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I think God punished me like he did David for Bathsheba...

dreamingjoeinjail

Jun 27, 2021
Southeast
✟18,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the last 7.xx years God has put me in 3 relationships with women who have cheated. The last cheater was for 3 years to the day. I feel like God did that for my previous cheating in past relationships.

I am broken. I thought God was merciful and gracious, but he made me to suffer in the same way I made women suffer in my past brokenness. He didn't care that I grew emotionally to now detest my past. He made me to suffer exponentially for my past transgressions.

Please don't tell me it wasn't God or it was my bad choices. I believe God has spoken to me through dreams in my life. That is the only explanation that I can come up with when I have the prophetic dreams that I have had. I had so many prophetic dreams about the last woman. Weird thing is during the 3 years, he never spoke to reveal her infidelity until the 3 years concluded. Once the 3 years were up, he just bombarded me with revelatory dreams if her infidelity that have now proven to be. It's like he wanted me with her like a prison sentence for the last 3 years.

I feel like I can never trust God again. I feel like I don't want anything to do with him since he was so wicked and vengeful against me. It's just like his rage against David. I don't want anything to do with ANYONE like that. He knew my heart changed and desired better. He didn't have to punish me like that.

Any kind words, encouragement and/or prayers are much appreciated.

*See post #50. I finally got my answer from God!!

Last edited:

dreamingjoeinjail

Jun 27, 2021
Southeast
✟18,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You cant blame god. Any evil is the devils doing.

God is mercy and love.
♂️

I literally said don't tell me it wasn't God. You can't say it wasn't God just because he didn't do it to you. How else can I explain the prophetic dreams? Not one. Not two. Many. Prophetic dreams about exact dates, exact situations and outcomes. Who knows the future? God. Does the Devil know the future? No. That would give him God-like characteristics.

Clearly, God gets down like that. He did it to David. If God is ONLY "mercy and love", wouldn't he have shown that mercy and love to a man that the Bible records as "a man after God's own heart"?

He showed mercy to the adulteress who they wanted to stone, so I know he has the ability. Clearly, he didn't show that mercy to David and he didn't show it to me.

I CONSTANTLY seek God and his guidance/instruction. Trust me, bud. These last 7 years were definitely orchestrated by God.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟123,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Please don't tell me it wasn't God or it was my bad choices. I believe God has spoken to me through dreams in my life.

Pull your head out of your ego ....You have been directing your life, and it ain't working out so well ...so lets blame God ....right?

God does not override the truth of the written Word through dreams .... dreams are your subconscious sorting the mess in your head out. Of coarse God can give you dreams but it will NEVER contradict the written word ...so that is a good measure to base your dreams upon.

And flat out .....................God is not punishing you for the things you did .... So leave the pity party to the Woke generation and start believing the truth.

Upvote 0

dreamingjoeinjail

Jun 27, 2021
Southeast
✟18,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
♂️

Wow. Just...wow.

Okay. Here goes. I didn't choose this last woman. In fact, she was ugly to me. God told me to choose her. I gave my rebuttals. He told me to choose her. He even sent someone who told me that God wants me to choose her. I eventually relented. I literally said, "God, I don't see it. She is not beautiful to me and I don't want her, but if it's what you want me to do, I will try." We ended up together. So no, it wasn't me making bad choices and now I'm blaming God. That's the simplified version, but imagine many dreams, some prophetic, some revelatory and 3 separate people, 2 strangers giving prophecies that confirm the dreams that they could not know.

The dreams at no point contradicted God's word. They were prophetic, revelatory or gave instruction. How can a dream like that come from my brain sorting through the day. I know I can't force myself to dream the prophetic instruction I want because I would have won the Powerball a couple of times.

You know God's not punishing me? Really? That's great!! When did he tell you that? Did he tell you that in prayer before you typed your response?

Don't speak for God, bud. Unless he really puts it on you to speak on his behalf, don't. The punishment makes logical sense. He did it many times in the bible. Even one of the disciples said he chastises those he loves. Maybe you shouldn't contradict the Bible?‍♂️

Upvote 0

dreamingjoeinjail

Jun 27, 2021
Southeast
✟18,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am really looking for someone who has been led by God into a period of just bad things. I want your experience as encouragement for me to keep going. I'm out of gas with these past seven years. I know there are many stories in the Bible where God says something good or provides instruction only to have the main character's life seemingly fall to pieces. Eventually, the story sees God's word fulfilled and the main character come back. I am looking for someone in real life though. Anyone?

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If they did not stay, then it means they were meant, to end up becoming ex girlfriends. God is in charge, of the entire Universe, despite how you feel towards Him right now. Inquire from the Lord and He will reveal the way forward. I think It will also benefit you greatly if you ask for wisdom in finding your next ladyfriend. It may just be a simple case of making wrong choices on your part, whilst for some, there maybe a whole lot of things going on, where one is needing to be set free.

God's will gets achieved in the end all the same..

Upvote 0

dreamingjoeinjail

Jun 27, 2021
Southeast
✟18,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you!

I am sure that God's will is being done. Right before the last cheater came into my life, he gave me a dream that said he was going to create a union. After the 3 years with that cheater (all the while unknown to me) he gave me a dream that he was ending that and separating the union. I am certain he is here in this situation.

I don't choose my female companions anymore. He instructed me to look out for certain things and I have. It was really cool when during a split I went on a couple dates with a young woman whom God had his own relationship with. We both liked each other and prayed to God for guidance. He gave her 2 dreams in response. One while I was literally praying for guidance the next city over! The first dream said we could be friends, but I have one person left on my dance card, an ex gf. The other dream told her that she still yet has some emotional growth to go through before she will be ready to have that romantic relationship she wants. I was blown away. When God speaks to both parties through dreams and images that confirm things is awesome!

Now God's convos speak of someone completely new. My burning question is why he forced me to go through that period when my heart was repentant and grieved over me acting out on my inner brokenness earlier in life.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,806.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreamingjoeinjail

Jun 27, 2021
Southeast
✟18,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I
Hmmm, really...?

Ouch. How did you know!
I love the "Christians" who troll. You are out here doing the Lord's own work, aren't you? You are literally living the best example of his own love right here on earth for us to see. Your living example makes me want to serve him and even attend church with you so I can be the same as you...with your own love that must be from God himself.

When did God troll those in heartache? When did Jesus troll anyone for anything? Isn't a "Christian" supposed to be a living example of Christ?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,018,784.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have been going through a very very tough 6 years....i would never blame God for that....

If you think that God is behind your choices, your setbacks etc, then, you are way off of the mark...

Like i said before, the devil is extremely good at duping people.

Trust in God. Rid your mind of blaming Him...

Or, see a doctor too. This may be worth trying also.

God bless you

Reactions: Whisperfan
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the last 7.xx years God has put me in 3 relationships with women who have cheated. The last cheater was for 3 years to the day. I feel like God did that for my previous cheating in past relationships.

I am broken. I thought God was merciful and gracious, but he made me to suffer in the same way I made women suffer in my past brokenness. He didn't care that I grew emotionally to now detest my past. He made me to suffer exponentially for my past transgressions.

Please don't tell me it wasn't God or it was my bad choices. I believe God has spoken to me through dreams in my life. That is the only explanation that I can come up with when I have the prophetic dreams that I have had. I had so many prophetic dreams about the last woman. Weird thing is during the 3 years, he never spoke to reveal her infidelity until the 3 years concluded. Once the 3 years were up, he just bombarded me with revelatory dreams if her infidelity that have now proven to be. It's like he wanted me with her like a prison sentence for the last 3 years.

I feel like I can never trust God again. I feel like I don't want anything to do with him since he was so wicked and vengeful against me. It's just like his rage against David. I don't want anything to do with ANYONE like that. He knew my heart changed and desired better. He didn't have to punish me like that.

Well when we sin by our listening to the lies and lust of the heart that sin in this world has price. God told David "I gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more!"

God loved this world He gave His only son. Christ already died for the sin of the world. Now if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleans us from all unrighteousness. So if we repent of that sin.. the only one that remembers it is us and Satan. God tossed it as far as the east is from the west. So to say God "put you in 3 relationships" sorry God can not go against our will. You freely made each one of those choices. To say "God did that for my previous cheating in past relationships". Again God can not do this never has. He can only do good.

Are we praying all the time, praying together, Church, keeping His word before our eyes. What are we thinking, doing, hearing, watching....all of this has a say a play in what happens. So many promises in Gods word are to protect us from the enemy we just don't listen. So me I would repent and then leave it with Him and never take it back. I will step out here... Pearls. I would take authority over that spirit. (to make it easy) of cheating.. tell it to go in Jesus name for whom the son sets free is free indeed. And I would then live.. forgetting those things that are behind. I would find a good WORD Church meaning that believes all of the word of God. I would pray for a woman that believes in follows Christ. Yet BOTH have a free choice it what happens next and GOD had nothing to do with the choices we make other then always makes a way out for us when ever temptation comes.

He loves you died for you.. if we can not trust Him there is nothing else out there. See first the kingdom of God and HIs righteousness. Get to know Him. You can not say John 3:16 only once :) Read Luke 11:13. Know no matter how you feel what you see or hear He is always for you never against you. Its the enemy not God. We get up dust off keep going.. in JESUS NAME!

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,806.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I

I love the "Christians" who troll. You are out here doing the Lord's own work, aren't you? You are literally living the best example of his own love right here on earth for us to see. Your living example makes me want to serve him and even attend church with you so I can be the same as you...with your own love that must be from God himself.

When did God troll those in heartache? When did Jesus troll anyone for anything? Isn't a "Christian" supposed to be a living example of Christ?
You prepared what kind of answers you want to hear, which is what I tried to point out in a humorous way.

Do not close yourself in some box thinking, there is always a good chance you are simply wrong.

Upvote 0

dreamingjoeinjail

Jun 27, 2021
Southeast
✟18,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been going through a very very tough 6 years....i would never blame God for that....

If you think that God is behind your choices, your setbacks etc, then, you are way off of the mark...

Like i said before, the devil is extremely good at duping people.

Trust in God. Rid your mind of blaming Him...

Or, see a doctor too. This may be worth trying also.

God bless you
How do you know God wasn't instructing me? Because the choice led to something bad happening? That is literally every story in the Bible when God tells someone to do something. Abraham, go here. What happened along that journey? Joseph, here is where I going to take you! How did he get there? Sure didn't wake up as Pharaoh's 2nd in command the next day.

I feel like you're being sarcastic about seeing a doctor. I feel sorry that you don't know the feeling of God giving you a dream for a certain date and that person contacting you on that date after not speaking for a year and change. I feel sorry that you don't know the feeling of God saying this will happen soon and it actually happening. That is why I think the dreams are from God. How can a lowly man like me be given prophetic insight into something 6 months in the future. He didn't tell me what I wanted to know, but what he wanted me to know. What is your explanation for the dreams of things that I could never know?

Thank you. In all sincerity, the same to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,018,784.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How do you know God wasn't instructing me? Because the choice led to something bad happening? That is literally every story in the Bible when God tells someone to do something. Abraham, go here. What happened along that journey? Joseph, here is where I going to take you! How did he get there? Sure didn't wake up as Pharaoh's 2nd in command the next day.

I feel like you're being sarcastic about seeing a doctor. I feel sorry that you don't know the feeling of God giving you a dream for a certain date and that person contacting you on that date after not speaking for a year and change. I feel sorry that you don't know the feeling of God saying this will happen soon and it actually happening. That is why I think the dreams are from God. How can a lowly man like me be given prophetic insight into something 6 months in the future. He didn't tell me what I wanted to know, but what he wanted me to know. What is your explanation for the dreams of things that I could never know?

Thank you. In all sincerity, the same to you.

No, not sarcastic at all. Just trying to help my friend.

Upvote 0

dreamingjoeinjail

Jun 27, 2021
Southeast
✟18,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand where it says that God would never orchestrate/allow such suffering. He punished those he loved in the bible repeatedly. David, Moses... Then, nearly every time he said something good was to happen, the main character went through the worst suffering.

Tell me this. If God wasn't involved and it was my bad choices, how do you explain ALL the prophetic dreams? There are too many to remember.

The dreams literally said; you should do x because x is going to happen...on this date lookout for x to reach out to you...I will bring x to your doorstep...I will give you divine deliverance over this separation. No man knows the future. The devil doesn't either. How can you explain the prophetic dreams then?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟913,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Satan has won. He decieved you and you took his bait. Now you want nothing to do with our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Those prophetic dreams were not divinely inspired only a path laid down for your deception. Go back to your first Love Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I'll pray for you. Blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Prophetic dreams about exact dates, exact situations and outcomes.
This is the kind of stuff psychics emphasize, saying they have the exact details.

Prophecies of God are subject to a fruit test of God's Character.

A lot of people deep into bible theology fall into the same pattern, it becomes about the pattern being correct and explaining everything ... but less and less does the name of Jesus come up. It becomes all about the person, and all about being right.

It is written in the bible that God will send people a strong delusion so that they will believe a lie. This is what has happened.

Heed the words of revelation: The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy.

Your posts offer no testimony of Jesus, and thus are not prophetic.

• Useful
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

dreamingjoeinjail

Jun 27, 2021
Southeast
✟18,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is the kind of stuff psychics emphasize, saying they have the exact details.

Prophecies of God are subject to a fruit test of God's Character.

A lot of people deep into bible theology fall into the same pattern, it becomes about the pattern being correct and explaining everything ... but less and less does the name of Jesus come up. It becomes all about the person, and all about being right.

It is written in the bible that God will send people a strong delusion so that they will believe a lie. This is what has happened.

Heed the words of revelation: The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy.

Your posts offer no testimony of Jesus, and thus are not prophetic.
I think I misunderstood you. Are you saying the dream that I had in September of '22 that told me in March of '23 a specific person would contact me on a specific date is not of God? That's not vague like psychics. That was exact!

So... if you haven't spoken to your brother in over a year and get a dream that God tells you he will contact you on 6/9/23 & he does indeed contact you on that date that the dream is a "delusion sent from God"?

I understand that God and God alone is omniscient. Not the Devil, not any man nor any "being". If that is true, how can I end up expecting a specific event to happen 6 months before it actually does? That sure didn't come from me! I attribute that to God. 100%!

Last edited:
Upvote 0