Did Men Really Walk On The Moon?

• Yes

Votes: 87 84.5%
  • No. But all other space missions are real.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • No. And other space missions are fake too.

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It can be both. The ISS orbits in the Thermosphere
-

Maybe you can help your science pals to communicate their statements/explanations better. A clear explanation is easy to say, Just say: All we can do now is orbit the earth.

Or he may have just misread his script.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟54,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
He quit NASA because he realized going to the moon was impossible, and he didn't want to be part of the scandal to fake it if they got caught. When he blew the whistle he was slandered and labeled as a conspiracy nut and a liar.
Other whistlers were assassinated, but no one can prove it today. With a budget unbelievably huge, anything can be made as if it really happened.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Other whistlers were assassinated, but no one can prove it today. With a budget unbelievably huge, anything can be made as if it really happened.
Or, with a budget unbelievably huge, it can be made to really happen.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟11,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Answering the OP question. Yes I saw Neil Armstrong take that step as he said "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

They found out that the moon was not made of Swiss cheese after all. Good to know.

They demonstrated that their moon car would work in one sixth less atmosphere on earth. That's important to know.

I gathered that going to the moon was a space race, to get there before the Russians did. But they thought of it first so kudos to them on that. I also gather that there is still a space race going on now. (2023) Russia working on getting to the moon before India gets there.

That's interesting since a web-article [7-10-19] said, "How moon landing conspiracy theories began and why they persist today" said ".. a 2018 poll in Russia put the figure there as high as 57%, unsurprising given the popularity of anti-Western conspiracy theories there."

also
"These theories reinterpret the publicly available evidence, finding inconsistencies in the official record, rather than uncovering suppressed information. Visual evidence is crucial: for all their skepticism, their starting point is that seeing is believing. In the realm of photo evidence, the assumption is that everyone can be a detective. In the conspiracy theory communities that emerged at the tail-end of the 1960s, the self-taught buff became central." (the quote had a typo that I fixed)

In spite of the conspiracy theories Russia and India, plus others are going for moon landing full speed ahead. Maybe they want to try out their moon car on it too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did Men Really Walk On The Moon?

No, it was more like hopping and skipping.

They were very happy once they arrived on the moon ya know.

Once again, flat earthers only see what they want to see.

Don't tell me they are now claiming the moon is flat too???
clueless-doh.gif

Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟11,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The video posted in #709: There is no reflection on the astronaut helmet-glass of the woman in red shirt seen holding the board with the names on it. There's a figure (reflected) in dark (our left) that appears to be holding something rectangular but that is too far away to be the woman in red, and it's too rectangular to be the board that she's holding.
And the reflection is backwards. For the reflection to be correct the dark figure would have to be just as much lit up as everything else that's seen in the helmet-glass. And the woman in red would be reflected (our left) and the rectangle to the right of the dark figure- which is supposed to be representing her.

Whoever put the photo together for the first image seen on the video hasn't enough understanding of photographs, light, reflections, mirrors. Therefore the renowned Kubrick couldn't possibly have made a faked NASA astronauts to the moon... when he did make a space movie of two astronauts that was fully accurate to science in all aspects. 1968 "Space Oddyssey 2001".

So I'd guess that the flat earthers used still photos and footage from it or other astronaut movies for that video- manufactured their own purposeful mistakes just so they could say that the actual moon landing that occurred in 1968 with Neil Armstrong was faked.

One of the flat earthers brilliant questions that I recall: Why weren't the stars noticeable in the dark space in the background?
A: Do you have a camera that can take pictures of stars in your night sky? No. So I guess that means that your family camping trip with you all sitting round the campfire was totally fake.

I've seen time-lapse photography videos of stars moving across the night sky. It's a completely different and more specialized camera than the astronauts took with them to take snap shots of their adventure on the moon.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,189,282.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
One of the flat earthers brilliant questions that I recall: Why weren't the stars noticeable in the dark space in the background?
A: Do you have a camera that can take pictures of stars in your night sky? No. So I guess that means that your family camping trip with you all sitting round the campfire was totally fake.

I've seen time-lapse photography videos of stars moving across the night sky. It's a completely different and more specialized camera than the astronauts took with them to take snap shots of their adventure on the moon.
It is simpler than that. They are taking photos in broad daylight, so the exposure times are very short. Stars need a long exposure to be visible on film. If they took a long exposure photograph then everything else would be completely washed out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is not one single video/recording of a rocket going up and into outer space showing the earth (going farther and farther away) as the rocket leaves earths environment.

Really ??? Have you not seen the videos on the Rocketlab site showing Just that ???

There are at least 6 such videos here... Gallery | Rocket Lab

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Really ??? Have you not seen the videos on the Rocketlab site showing Just that ???

There are at least 6 such videos here... Gallery | Rocket Lab

Did not see a single one, saw a few where a rocket was launched and it goes out over the earth. Where the rocket eventually goes back to earth.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0