Jun_Canada

Nov 12, 2003
✟330.00
Faith
Christian
Im really just starting to know God more inatimatly in my life right now and I guess at my church right now...not a lot of people come to that church that I see on Saturday service. And right now, I could REALLY use a lot of christian ppl in my life to fellowship with so I can grow more strong in faith. And im not really getting any support from the church because they r going through this "redevelopment" .. change i guess with everything. New look, new attitude and everything. I dunno what to do, ive been thinking about checking out this new church thats near my house, but im not sure what to do
What do yo
u think I should do?
God Bless!

Koop

Feb 24, 2003
Madison, WI
Visit site
✟15,339.00
Faith
Christian
Finding the right church is very important. Finding a church that you feel embraces everything important to your faith, meets your needs, and is a growing, acting, felowshiping church is very important. If the church you currently attend can't meet your needs I would look elsewhere. The other option is to try harder to get involved where you are. You say they are going through a big renovation. That usualy means places for new leaders, servants, etc.... Could be a great time to get more involved. You may just have to speak up more. Bottom line IMO is pray about it. God will give you direction.

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Great advice Koop! I was going to suggest getting more involved where you are now, and if after that you still don't feel it is where you should be, it wouldn't hurt to start looking for another one. Or perhaps, you could look for fellowship that a group at another church could provide until your current church gets off the ground. Such as a young adult group, or a singles group, or something along those lines. We have several young people in our youth group that attend different churches but the come to our youth meetings. Maybe something like that would work for you until the renovations are complete where you are. When they are complete, it might give you a better feel for this church.

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
wvmtnkid said:
Great advice Koop! I was going to suggest getting more involved where you are now, and if after that you still don't feel it is where you should be, it wouldn't hurt to start looking for another one. Or perhaps, you could look for fellowship that a group at another church could provide until your current church gets off the ground. Such as a young adult group, or a singles group, or something along those lines. We have several young people in our youth group that attend different churches but the come to our youth meetings. Maybe something like that would work for you until the renovations are complete where you are. When they are complete, it might give you a better feel for this church.
He is right. It is good if you can find a biblical Christian church to help you in your spiritual growth. It is easier to find a church closer to your home. It makes the travelling easier as well as the fellowship.

Upvote 0