Christian hate group looses fight

WarEagle

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The right for gay/lesbian/bisexual people to marry the person they love.

Then what we have is a misunderstanding of the definition of marriage.

Marriage, by definition, is a union between one man and one woman.

That ordinance is NOT pro-marriage. It is discriminatory based on sex, and discrimination based on the sex of a person is unconstitutional.

Actually, it's very much pro-marriage and it isn't discriminating against anybody. It's just stating that marriage should not be redefined.

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Certainly meet the defenition of a hate group, if a group of people such as an organisation vote to restrict the rights of others that would not interfere in their private lives personally and actively attempts to make their lives as human beings worse, their a hate group.

Pretty simple really.

Upvote 0

WarEagle

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Certainly meet the defenition of a hate group, if a group of people such as an organisation vote to restrict the rights of others that would not interfere in their private lives personally and actively attempts to make their lives as human beings worse, their a hate group.

Pretty simple really.

So do you have any evidence that they've done this?

Upvote 0

PetersKeys

Traditionalist Catholic , Paleo-conservative
Mar 4, 2008
✟8,376.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Funny - Gay marriage has been legal here in Massachusetts for four years now, and we have no hellfire raining down on us... Why do you think that is? I mean, I was promised fire and brimstone, G-d's wrath, and we got nothing.

I feel gypped.
;)

4 years isn't a long time. Sodom existed for a few hundred before it was burnt down. Secondly there is a low population in Mass and denmark and hence much more smaller scale. The good probably outnumber the bad(hopefully)

California is pretty much the bastion of it all and hence this is probably where you would see problems arise. These are the worst fires nearly in all of California history, there have been over 1,000 fires burning now right during the time it was legalized.

Upvote 0

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
4 years isn't a long time. Sodom existed for a few hundred before it was burnt down. Secondly there is a low population in Mass and denmark and hence much more smaller scale. The good probably outnumber the bad(hopefully)

California is pretty much the bastion of it all and hence this is probably where you would see problems arise. These are the worst fires nearly in all of California history, there have been over 1,000 fires burning now right during the time it was legalized.

riiiiiiiiiiiiight. See a Myth is different from fact. Sodom and Gomorrah never existed.

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Wow, wild fires in a state notoriously prone to them? Who would have thought that a hot and dry environment would breed wild fires like rabbits? What were they being punished for every OTHER time they have had a bad fire?

Also: Your god is a monster if he would punish people by burning innocent people along with the guilty.

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Canada: Population 33,000,000. Same-sex marriage legalized over five years ago. 75% of the population in favour. No fire and brimstone yet.

And how big do you think Sodom was? Denmark has a population of 5.5 million. The largest city in the ancient world was Rome, which peaked at 100,000. If you're going to argue that scale and population matter when attracting the dubious wrath of a deity who's been AWOL for quite some time, then it might be worth considering the facts.

Upvote 0

WarEagle

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Canada: Population 33,000,000. Same-sex marriage legalized over five years ago. 75% of the population in favour. No fire and brimstone yet.

And how big do you think Sodom was? Denmark has a population of 5.5 million. The largest city in the ancient world was Rome, which peaked at 100,000. If you're going to argue that scale and population matter when attracting the dubious wrath of a deity who's been AWOL for quite some time, then it might be worth considering the facts.

I guess it's a good thing for Canada that we're now under the New Covenant and God no longer punishes entire nations like He did under the Old Covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

BigBadWlf

It's so ironic that the people claim to be hateless are often the biggest purveyors of hatred themselves. I wonder what this group has to do with you? Did they call you names? Steal your car? Burn down your house? None of the above, but you still vent your hatred for them and narrow mindedness toward their values here on this board.
Bigotry and discrimination are values of this board?

I’m sure that is news to the people who founded this board.

I also oppose the KKK and the Neo-Nazis. Do you defend the pro-discrimination activities of these groups? Do they reflect your personal values?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

BigBadWlf

I don't think this is going to be able to be stopped because I think this is going to be used as an example to us all eventually, Lot tried to stop all the sin and perversion that was happening in Sodom and Gommorah and was unable to, only to see divine justice rain down on the city. I mean look at all the fires that are happening in California now. While Californians are celebrating in their sin their land is literally burning down in fire in front of their eyes.
Lot tried to convince his neighbors to rape his little girls. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

WarEagle

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? Part of the reason I became an atheist is because I read the bible.

Well, yeah, that's pretty much what John 3 says some people will do.

On the other hand, there are a lot of atheists who have been born again as a result of reading the Bible.

Reactions: Dogbean
Upvote 0
S

SughaNSpice

I don't think this is going to be able to be stopped because I think this is going to be used as an example to us all eventually, Lot tried to stop all the sin and perversion that was happening in Sodom and Gommorah and was unable to, only to see divine justice rain down on the city. I mean look at all the fires that are happening in California now. While Californians are celebrating in their sin their land is literally burning down in fire in front of their eyes.
Oh Lordy…next thing you know those uppity Nig…er…um…black folk will want civil rights or some such ungodly thing :swoon:…saints preserve us all!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SaintInChicago

Oct 16, 2007
✟1,228.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
Speaking of name-calling...

Exceeded only by the bigotry of Conservative "Christians" of course. Careful there on the second point, you may choke to death on your own bile.
So you're admitting to your bigotry?

If I'm lying, then it should be easy for you to show what I've said that's a lie.
No no no WarEagle, if they repeat it enough it's true. Just like how homosexuals are born that way. It doesn't matter what science says.

Upvote 0