Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
.Look them up yourself.

Excuse me, but you're the one claiming that "Good ol' Bible based Christian morality" sanctions things like "slavery, beating slaves, supporting putting to death adulterers, homosexuals, people who work on Sundays, blasphemers, supporting ethnic cleansing, genocide, selling children into slavery, sanctioning the rape of female captives from a foreign war,execution of prisoners, the sacrifice of children for God's help in battle or to end famine, executing kids who curse their parents." Your unwillingness, or inability, to produce New Testament scripture that backs up your charge suggests that no such scriptures exist. In other words, Bible based Christian morality in no way sanctions those things.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excuse me, but you're the one claiming that "Good ol' Bible based Christian morality" sanctions things like "slavery, beating slaves, supporting putting to death adulterers, homosexuals, people who work on Sundays, blasphemers, supporting ethnic cleansing, genocide, selling children into slavery, sanctioning the rape of female captives from a foreign war,execution of prisoners, the sacrifice of children for God's help in battle or to end famine, executing kids who curse their parents." Your unwillingness, or inability, to produce New Testament scripture that backs up your charge suggests that no such scriptures exist. In other words, Bible based Christian morality in no way sanctions those things.

uhmmm you do know you only posted part of the list? You seem to have left off the last part:
And lets not forget, at the end there gets to be an awesome block party where the great holiness tortures and kills the unbelievers.
which would be:

Rev. 19: 11-21 said:
11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

and that's in the New Testament right? :)
tulc(trying to help) ;)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"Bible based Christian morality"? not really but just Bible based? Oh yeah, that's backed by Scripture. Would you like to see them? :confused:
tulc(I have them saved for just these occasions) :)

Reactions: TheManeki
Upvote 0

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
uhmmm you do know you only posted part of the list? You seem to have left off the last part:

which would be:

and that's in the New Testament right? :)
tulc(trying to help) ;)

Ahh, Revelation. A book of symbolism and metaphors. Who can know it?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, that's not what I'm saying! Why would you ask such a thing?

Well all those things were indeed part of the Old Testament and you (sort of) made it sound like the God of the Old Testament was somehow not the God of the New. :confused:
tulc(sorry if that wasn't your intent, it just sort of read like that) :o

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well all those things were indeed part of the Old Testament and you (sort of) made it sound like the God of the Old Testament was somehow not the God of the New. :confused:
tulc(sorry if that wasn't your intent, it just sort of read like that) :o

That was certainly not my intent. I apologize for the confusion. Let me ask you, do you live your life according to Mosaic Law? Have you participated in the stoning to death of adulterers lately? Is that what Christ would have you to do?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was certainly not my intent. I apologize for the confusion. Let me ask you, do you live your life according to Mosaic Law? Have you participated in the stoning to death of adulterers lately? Is that what Christ would have you to do?

Me? Nah I'm one of those Christians that believe we've been set free from the Law. :) But I also don't have a problem with being honest about things I find troubling in the Old Testament. Or why does everyone say we're free from the OT Laws...unless a Christian is gay of course, then somehow those Laws still seem to apply! :sorry:
tulc(see my point?) :scratch:

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As I said, you are welcome to back peddle on the moral issue all you want. Apparently there is a statute of limitations on the crimes of a deity, whether they be directly enacted or enacted through the auspice of one's believers. That seems to be a strange set of circumstances in which to seriously ask another human being to take to heart on the very destiny of one's supposed soul.

If the answer is.Well hey..ignore all that old stuff. *shuffles genocides and horrible death and torture under the rug* ...I'm the new(not really I never change, I am the eternal constant of and beyond the universe) guy. You can still worship me and think of me as the eternal backbone of supernaturalism moral absolutism. Of course...people will still burned and be tortured and the earth ravaged by my minions and children who curse their parents should verily be put unto death and all that poetic jazz. But really...I'm good...really....*sounds of crickets*

I think we've come full circle on the absurdities of the idea of the supernaturalist moral absolutism and the nature in which such people are quick to call other moral relativists.

Upvote 0