• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bi-Polar since 2009.

rdclmn72

May 19, 2007
dunlap, tn
✟36,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was first diagnosed with severe depression in 2000. I was diagnosed as bi-polar in 2009.
I didn't receive effective treatment until 2011.
I had a problem with my mood stabilizer no longer being effective in 2015. It took months before I was on something more effective.

At the moment I am doing well. I am now working again after so many years not believing I could work again.
I do think about the past realizing that the symptoms had always been there. I am also aware that I could have a relapse, but I believe God will always have my back.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟281,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was first diagnosed with severe depression in 2000. I was diagnosed as bi-polar in 2009.
I didn't receive effective treatment until 2011.
I had a problem with my mood stabilizer no longer being effective in 2015. It took months before I was on something more effective.

At the moment I am doing well. I am now working again after so many years not believing I could work again.
I do think about the past realizing that the symptoms had always been there. I am also aware that I could have a relapse, but I believe God will always have my back.
It's just a matter of getting the medication right.

Stress can override your medication, so be on the alert for that.

Upvote 0