undisclosed Bunker
✟291,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm watching it, (like 2 episodes in) but it's very gratuitous with the violence. Other than that it's pretty good, amusing and campy... And then someone gets their leg blown off. I've never played the game, but I always loved the 50's/60's vibe/themes in the real life atomic age insanity and the fallout world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jacob.austin

WE NEED GREAT CHRISTIAN ANIMATION AGAIN!
Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm watching it, (like 2 episodes in) but it's pretty gratuitous with the violence. Other than that it's pretty good, amusing and campy. And then someone gets their leg blown off... I've never played the game, but I always loved the 50's/60's vibe/themes in real life and the fallout world.
Yeah I've seen all the episodes up to 4, still have to finish the rest though. But I just really enjoy the franchise and such. Really inspires me for Post-Apocalyptic writing and world-building (its one of my favorite genres) but I just love the uniqueness of it. My first introduction to the Fallout Franchise was Fallout 4. On console there's mods to block out the heavy language and to take out the brutal gore (which both I'm not thrilled with at all.) But besides that I love the retro-futurism and patriotism!

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟291,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I've seen all the episodes up to 4, still have to finish the rest though. But I just really enjoy the franchise and such. Really inspires me for Post-Apocalyptic writing and world-building (its one of my favorite genres) but I just love the uniqueness of it. My first introduction to the Fallout Franchise was Fallout 4. On console there's mods to block out the heavy language and to take out the brutal gore (which both I'm not thrilled with at all.) But besides that I love the retro-futurism and patriotism!

Definitely check out the movie "the Atomic Cafe" I posted the trailer for, I think you might be able to get the whole thing on Youtube. I saw it when it came out in the 80's, must have been like 11 or 12 years old. It left an impression lol.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟291,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Really inspires me for Post-Apocalyptic writing and world-building

Check out the Nausicaa animated movie and especially the original manga (goes into MUCH more detail); it's some of the best I've ever come across

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't care about the show, but played 3 NV and 4. I like them.
Open world games sit well with me, exploring etc.
I like the first person view also.
Me too. Just the exploration, discovering unmarked locations. First person is great to experience the character's perspective! I like third person games too like the Triple AAA Tomb Raider Series. Awesome games. Fallout 4 does its open world well too and I've seen videos on New Vegas but personally only played up to the ghouls and the missiles. Heard great things about New Vegas though!

Reactions: NBB
Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm personally excited for the update tomorrow... mostly the stability and new content (I have an Xbox One S so the Next-Gen updates are pretty much useless to me. It is cool that they're adding compatibility with the Steam Deck... pretty much Steam's version of the Nintendo Switch/Handheld Console.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟737,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I love it. I used to play the Fallout Las Vegas game on the box 360 for hours and hours. The game actually became too big for me to really comprehend as there were so many places you could travel and so many nasty opponents that it became overwhelming to me. I recently downloaded a Fallout game for the Xbox One (I know, still outdated, I think it was called Fallout 76 if I'm not mistaken) but it is so daunting at the beginning when you have nothing that I haven't yet really dived into it. Great game and I just started watching the Fallout show I think on Amazon Prime and I wasn't ready to go into a whole world of of villains and the first episode was like watching a horror film when I was a kid like, "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], what's going to happen net." I wasn't ready to take that rollercoaster ride at that moment but I will come back to it some night when I can't sleep. So we'll see.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love it. I used to play the Fallout Las Vegas game on the box 360 for hours and hours. The game actually became too big for me to really comprehend as there were so many places you could travel and so many nasty opponents that it became overwhelming to me. I recently downloaded a Fallout game for the Xbox One (I know, still outdated, I think it was called Fallout 76 if I'm not mistaken) but it is so daunting at the beginning when you have nothing that I haven't yet really dived into it. Great game and I just started watching the Fallout show I think on Amazon Prime and I wasn't ready to go into a whole world of of villains and the first episode was like watching a horror film when I was a kid like, "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], what's going to happen net." I wasn't ready to take that rollercoaster ride at that moment but I will come back to it some night when I can't sleep. So we'll see.......
Yeah I've played 76 for sometime but not long enough to get really into it. Between 76 and FO4 I would pick FO4 just because I like playing by myself and there's the mods and no subscriptions with irritates the heck out of me. But I do like all the updates to the Fallout Lore, Criptids, and different weapons, locations, characters, and armors. Adding new Enclave stuff in Fallout 4 is really cool but never encountered them in Fallout 3 because I didn't play it long enough. But I do like its military focus and cool gear so that's really exciting to get content that's official (now I only use 3 mods on Fallout 4 for better stability.)

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not that it's anything special or nuthin ;) This is what it looks like when you've made something you can be proud of
Dude! That's awesome! I love the cinematic orchestras and such. Where can I watch this at? Or order the manga of it?

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟291,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Where can I watch this at? Or order the manga of it?
The film was made in 1984, there was a heavily cut and liberally redubbed version called Warriors of the Wind a little later in english which was when I first saw it. In 2005 it was remade by Disney. Disney told the creator they might also need to make a few cuts. Miyazaki sent them a katana with the reply "for every cut you make to Nausicaa, I will make a cut". They didn't make any cuts ;)

On Amazon, looks like the Manga and Disney DVD are available (just search Nausicaa on Amazon)
(link to the comics)
(dvd)

You can find the manga online if you hunt around, but, I promise, these are worth the purchase and you will want to keep them.

I think the movie is only available for streaming now on HBO Max, but every now and then like once every 5 years or so, it comes to a theater somewhere within an hour of me; both times I've had to miss it for something urgent or was already on a planned vacation, but if it ever comes back I want to see it on the big screen - keep an eye out for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The film was made in 1984, there was a heavily cut and liberally redubbed version called Warriors of the Wind a little later in english which was when I first saw it. In 2005 it was remade by Disney. Disney told the creator they might also need to make a few cuts. Miyazaki sent them a katana with the reply "for every cut you make to Nausicaa, I will make a cut". They didn't make any cuts ;)

On Amazon, looks like the Manga and Disney DVD are available (just search Nausicaa on Amazon)
(link to the comics)
(dvd)

You can find the manga online if you hunt around, but, I promise, these are worth the purchase and you will want to keep them.

I think the movie is only available for streaming now on HBO Max, but every now and then like once every 5 years or so, it comes to a theater somewhere within an hour of me; both times I've had to miss it for something urgent or was already on a planned vacation, but if it ever comes back I want to see it on the big screen - keep an eye out for it.
Cool! Well I've never been into Anime or Manga or like it but Nausicaa looks different and amazing!

Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums