Any advice for a Teen that wants to get Married someday?

jacob.austin

WE NEED GREAT CHRISTIAN ANIMATION AGAIN!
Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just wanted to see if anyone has advice on that subject for me. Marriage is something I really want to commit to with a Godly girl I can love and cherish. I do understand that its not all fun and games, I understand that there will be difficulties but I want to be ready to face them head on.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just wanted to see if anyone has advice on that subject for me. Marriage is something I really want to commit to with a Godly girl I can love and cherish. I do understand that its not all fun and games, I understand that there will be difficulties but I want to be ready to face them head on.
I am 24, and single, so I can not give any advice here. Wait a few years. Just treat women with respect, and don't be an Epstein or Weinstein (a creep).

Notice a similarity between their names?
Both names end in -stein.
Coincidence, I think not.
The word "Triangles" contain the letters S, T, E, I N.
'luminati confirmed.

Yes, the format of this is an old, somewhat obscure meme that was semi-big in 2016.

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am 24, and single, so I can not give any advice here. Wait a few years. Just treat women with respect, and don't be an Epstein or Weinstein (a creep).

Notice a similarity between their names?
Both names end in -stein.
Coincidence, I think not.
The word "Triangles" contain the letters S, T, E, I N.
'luminati confirmed.

Yes, the format of this is an old, somewhat obscure meme that was semi-big in 2016.
I'm sure; it is funny when people do that sort of thing. Well I do strive to treat women with respect and honor like they deserve. Our sister's in-Christ don't deserve that perversion.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟91,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Be Yourself... and date her long enough to know who she really is. Be prepared to date more than one gal... and pay attention to your relationship needs. As you identify them, ensure that you meet those very needs that you desire, at a bare minimum.

Learn what red flags are.. Ie... if your first date involves listening to all of her problems... or noticing that she might just be a bit too crazy for you.... follow your gut! Beauty fades! Fall in love with her heart and soul!

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure; it is funny when people do that sort of thing. Well I do strive to treat women with respect and honor like they deserve. Our sister's in-Christ don't deserve that perversion.
Yeah, old memes are funny, even though meme culture gets old real quick. Hey, thanks for treating women with respect. There are some verses that also talk about respect as well.

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be Yourself... and date her long enough to know who she really is. Be prepared to date more than one gal... and pay attention to your relationship needs. As you identify them, ensure that you meet those very needs that you desire, at a bare minimum.
Yeah people always tell me to watch out for red flags and don't get disoriented with puppy-love, which is really great advice.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟91,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah people always tell me to watch out for red flags and don't get disoriented with puppy-love, which is really great advice.
Oh, and have fun! Don't overthink it all... She's usually just as nervous about dating as you are.

Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, and have fun! Don't overthink it all... She's usually just as nervous about dating as you are.
Yeah you have to be careful about that too. There's a balance between the two. Movies, Roller-Coasters, Fairs, you can do so much.

• Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟91,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah you have to be careful about that too. There's a balance between the two. Movies, Roller-Coasters, Fairs, you can do so much.
You'll know that you have a keeper when you actually don't want to run, when she talks your ear off. And, I can't emphasize this, enough, BEAUTY FADES! The hands see more than the eyes when intimacy happens. Don't let yourself get bound to other peoples standards... after all, you're looking for someone that you will eventually be stuck with and she'll be stuck with you! Make it count! :p

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You'll know that you have a keeper when you actually don't want to run, when she talks your ear off. And, I can't emphasize this, enough, BEAUTY FADES! The hands see more than the eyes when intimacy happens. Don't let yourself get bound to other peoples standards... after all, you're looking for someone that you will eventually be stuck with and she'll be stuck with you! Make it count! :p
Absolutely! There's definitely a form of Physical Attraction but a sweet, Godly girl should matter more than a supermodel body that's going to fade anyway (or melt, if they have plastic surgery, at extreme conditions.) And you're going love her just the way she is and you are going to be attracted to her just as she is you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,513,070.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Loving someone else in a sustained way, through the ups and downs of your moods (and theirs) is a discipline. I'd recommend training yourself in it.

For example, decide that each day you'll go out of your way to do one loving thing for someone. Whether it's doing something for them, or giving a gift, or spending time with someone when you might have otherwise not, or finding something to tell them you're grateful for about them (you might find reading up on love languages gives you some ideas). Practice those habits of being thoughtfullly and intentionally loving to those around you now, and they'll be well established when it's time to love a spouse.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟803,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is marital advice in Scripture such as "Husbands Love your wives and wives Respect your husbands (Eph 5:33). How will she view being loved by you and how will you expect to be shown respect? We're not mind readers. Will need to be expressed and answered individually

"Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:" Eph 4:26

Forgive them and asks them to forgive you. Eph 4

Found it's a lot more than whose right or wrong. How was my behavior, tone, terminology, or attitude. "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." (Pro 15:1). Found the sooner we follow this verse, the more progress we make

Also, there's no Plan B. Know some folks go into marriages with If it doesn't work out attitude

Noticed through the years, "it's just sex" attitude has developed. Encourage anyone not to buy into that lie.

Don't think it will offend no matter what denomination you are, so encourage you to watch "What a man really needs" and 'What a woman really needs" by Jimmy Evan's ministries. All his teachings are Biblically based and has a lot on YT concerning marriage

BTW, great to see you asking for advice as a teen.

Keep God first in your life

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟568,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you have problems with your parents, don't get married to get out of their house and from under their rule. You go from bad to worse. Reality is much harder than parents. Do yourself a favor; don't get married until you can support yourself and are in your mid-20s.
Do not marry your HS flame... date around and learn to evaluate your date's pros and cons.
Have something to offer the marriage. Do not get married to have someone take care of you and pay your bills. Don't expect your spouse to be your daddy or your mommy. If you cannot make it on your own, don't think you can make it with another. You end up being a child instead of a spouse with them taking care of you.

• Useful
Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Loving someone else in a sustained way, through the ups and downs of your moods (and theirs) is a discipline. I'd recommend training yourself in it.

For example, decide that each day you'll go out of your way to do one loving thing for someone. Whether it's doing something for them, or giving a gift, or spending time with someone when you might have otherwise not, or finding something to tell them you're grateful for about them (you might find reading up on love languages gives you some ideas). Practice those habits of being thoughtfullly and intentionally loving to those around you now, and they'll be well established when it's time to love a spouse.
Great advice! I've been meaning to read the 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman and I definitely will pick it up! You do have to be intentional and thoughtful, not just loving her for selfish reasons or to get something out of the relationship.

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is marital advice in Scripture such as "Husbands Love your wives and wives Respect your husbands (Eph 5:33). How will she view being loved by you and how will you expect to be shown respect? We're not mind readers. Will need to be expressed and answered individually

"Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:" Eph 4:26

Forgive them and asks them to forgive you. Eph 4

Found it's a lot more than whose right or wrong. How was my behavior, tone, terminology, or attitude. "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." (Pro 15:1). Found the sooner we follow this verse, the more progress we make

Also, there's no Plan B. Know some folks go into marriages with If it doesn't work out attitude

Noticed through the years, "it's just sex" attitude has developed. Encourage anyone not to buy into that lie.

No matter what denomination you are, encourage you to watch "What a man really needs" and 'What a woman really needs" by Jimmy Evan's ministries. All his teachings are Biblically based and has a lot on YT concerning marriage

BTW, great to see you asking for advice as a teen.

Keep God first in your life
Thanks! People tell me all the time that communication is essential for all marriages! With keeping God first, you can treat your future wife right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟7,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
You are mature to ask for advice on this very important topic. I wish someone had given me advice years ago. I never married but came close and now I'm SO thankful I didn't (long stories there). But I did make the mistake of being romantically involved w/ someone NOT compatible with me at all... and not just once. I was messed up psychologically and emotionally until I had an experience with Jesus many years ago. I prayed the rosary and it changed my entire outlook on life and on God and Jesus and related issues. No one can tell me the rosary is not powerful against the devil. I was celibate from then on and even though I met some interesting persons along the way and thought a couple times I was in love (in a healthy way--but that is something it takes TIME and knowledge-- of the other-- to find out and I never had a lot of patience)

So yeh, it's a wonder I didn't get married to the wrong (but seemed so right) person, but Jesus and the Church and the rosary kept me on the right track. Today, I don't even miss having a significant other. I am very strong willed and would likely turn off ... well, just about anyone I'd find myself attracted to. Oh well

I was born celibate and will likely die celibate

with NO regrets.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟7,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I would not say that everyone should be celibate (despite my above post). You have to find what is right for you, what GOD would require or want of you.

But that said, I would never say doing THAT (finding out God's will) is easy! I am still wondering what God wants from me. But I heard somewhere that most people never really, really figure that out. So it must not be a HUGE deal w/ God? I don't know but it does seem like we should ask Him here and there.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟7,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The most important thing, to me, when considering marriage is this

Am I going to be COMMITTED to this person even when I don't like him/her?

It's a great question. And again, the answer to this vis a vis any given relationship only comes, and i mean ONLY comes by KNOWING the person, which takes TIME, plenty of it

w/o a bonafide commitment, a real "till death do we part" one.. there is no real marriage, no real security, and when that ise lacking, it is difficult to love-- in an efficacious way--- or to be your best self. Any lifestyle you choose should enhance your pathway to Heaven (Christ)

Upvote 0