Status
Not open for further replies.

AngCath

Jul 7, 2005
✟12,588.00
Faith
Anglican
rosary.jpg

This is a set of prayers I have recently adopted for my Rosary. The form is based on the Angelus prayers.
Cross: In the name of God; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Invitatory: sub tuum praesidium
We fly to thy patronage, O Holy Mother of God!
Despise not our petitions in our necessities,
but deliver us from all dangers,
O ever glorious and blessed Virgin.​
1st Cruciform: The angel of the Lord announced unto Mary, and she conceived by the Holy Spirit (meditation).
Week Beads: Hail Mary...
2nd Cruciform: Behold the Handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word (meditation).
3rd Cruciform: And the Word was made Flesh and dwelt among us (meditation).
4th Cruciform: Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ (meditation).
Final Cruciform: (Final meditation)... OUR Father...
Invitatory: sub tuum praesidium
Cross: I will bless the Lord [let us bless the Lord], Thanks be to God.

I know that some of you, my Anglican brethren, will naturally not like this set because of its marian nature; but I pray that that theological issue not be brought up here as a divisive tool.​

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
VincitOmniaVeritas said:
What I've been told about the Anglican rosary makes me think you can decide what you want for each bead. Is there a standard set of prayers that most people use for each bead like in the Catholic Rosary?
There are a couple of threads about this topic in the STR board, might take you a minute to find them, but I think you will find your answer there! :)
Here is a link to one of them: http://www.christianforums.com/t2230843-praying-the-rosary.html

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.