Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Gal5: 13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself. 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Allow the Spirit to Guide, not the old covenant law.

Jesus in Jn 15: 10-14 tells us He kept the Law given to the Jews. He admonishes to keep His law and that is to love others as He loves us, a new command.
Jesus also said, if you love me keep my commandments. As He is the one who gave the law on Sinai we are to keep the 10 if we love Him.

John 14: 15 ¶If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 8: 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Exodus 3: 6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
7 ¶And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

So Jesus is the great I am, It was He who gave the 10 commandments on Sinai.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟665,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Jesus is the great I am, It was He who gave the 10 commandments on Sinai.
He is also the one who nullified them at Calvary. Gal 3:19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟98,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He is also the one who nullified them at Calvary. Gal 3:19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator.
So you're just going to ignore the rest of my post?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟665,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you're just going to ignore the rest of my post?
It seems like you did some "ignoring" first. Jn 15:10-14 explains the things we are accountable for. 1Jn 3:19 19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

If you read 2Cor3:6-11 KJV it will tell you in plain words that we are not under the guidance of the Law. It tell us we are under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May I also remind you that Jews are no longer under the dictates of the Sinai covenant. We are all under the new and better covenant with better promises. Heb8: 6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟98,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It seems like you did some "ignoring" first. Jn 15:10-14 explains the things we are accountable for. 1Jn 3:19 19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

If you read 2Cor3:6-11 KJV it will tell you in plain words that we are not under the guidance of the Law. It tell us we are under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May I also remind you that Jews are no longer under the dictates of the Sinai covenant. We are all under the new and better covenant with better promises. Heb8: 6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.
Where have I ever said, or posted scripture, that says we are to obey the law under our own power?

Here are the type of scriptures I post,

Galatians 5: 11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Notice that Paul is talking about circumcision when he starts off this passage. When he said under the law, that's what he was referring to.

Notice again that those who sin, break the law, will not not inherit the kingdom of God. IOWs they will not be saved. Also notice that those who have the fruit of the Spirit in their life break no law/ By definition that includes the law of God. So to walk in the Spirit is to not sin. Also notice that this passage takes care of both Biblical definitions of sin

Romans14: 23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

1John 3: 4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So scripture ties this up very neatly. You can reject the clear word of scripture if you like but you'll never convince me to go along with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟98,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Why not come over to the thread I started Is sin necessary. You can demonstrate how wrong I am to your heart's content.

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟48,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was just pointing out that there were specific "Works" required "BY LAW" given by God to Moses, for justification that Abraham was not under. This "LAW" required for forgiveness was "ADDED" till the Seed should come, at which time this Law grew old and became obsolete.

The Pharisees were still requiring their version of this Priesthood Law, even after the SEED, God's Prophesied Priest, had come, because they didn't believe Moses, therefore, they didn't believe Jesus was that Priest.

Paul is explaining that it wasn't the killing of animals, or the "Works" of the old Priesthood Law that justified them. It was belief/Faith enough to trust God to guide their footsteps, and show them, "The way that they should go", or as it is written in another place, to "Walk in" the good Works god before ordained that we should walk in them.

The deceiver would have us believe the Pharisees were trying to get the New converts to Love God, and Love their neighbor, don't kill, don't steal, as the Law of Moses instructed, for their sins to be forgiven. But the Law never says any such thing.

That is why I asked you to go to the Law, and to find the "Works" which Moses required for forgiveness. Then you would know what the Pharisees were promoting, and why Paul and Jesus were so against it.

John 2: 13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,

14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: 15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; 16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

God's Law was never designed for men to purchase their forgiveness, and yet, that is the very religion the Pharisees created.

Zacharias, Simeon, Anna and the Wise men knew these things, because they believed Moses, and had Faith.

The Pharisees didn't.
This does not pass the smell test.

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.” [The New King James Version (Ga 3:10–12). (1982). Thomas Nelson.]​

"The law", mentioned 4 times in these 3 verses must be the totality of God's laws, anchored by the Ten Commandments, because that law is the only law that satisfies the definitions of the law in these three verses: 1) it is "the law" that includes "all things" "which are written in the book of the law", 2) it is "the law" which contains a curse, 3) it is "the law", which if a person obeys without fail, he avoids the curse, and 4) it is "the law" that grants eternal life to a person without faith who performs its requirements perfectly.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟379,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah I tried that example last September but your SDA chums rejected that explanation as well.
Because your interpretation below is not true.

So new moon to new moon means from month to month so what does from sabbath to sabbath mean? It means from Saturday to Saturday, in other words it means everyday, 7 days a week.it does not mean that people will be worshiping on the Sabbath it means people will be worshipping everyday.
The grammar in the Hebrew is the same in both clauses "month with (or in) month" and "Sabbath with (or in) Sabbath"

In English we do not use that type of grammar, so it is rather difficult to translate. Luckily we have the same grammar being used elsewhere in the Holy writ for the clause "month with (or in) month.

As anyone can see below it is not meant to be understood as month to month as you are saying. But as every month throughout the months as the KJV translated below in verse 14. Verse 11 is provided so that everyone can see the context is once a month, not month to month as a continuous unending cycle.

Num 28:11 And in the beginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot;

Num 28:14 And their drink offerings shall be half an hin of wine unto a bullock, and the third part of an hin unto a ram, and a fourth part of an hin unto a lamb: this is the burnt offering of every month throughout the months of the year.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟835,988.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Mosaic Law applied to Old Covenant people. Under the New Covenant, those who received Christ as Saviour became totally new creations through the indwelling Holy Spirit. This involved a whole transformation as their spirit, which was dead in trespasses and sins beforehand, was made alive. This means that for new creation believers, the Mosaic Law, including observance of the Jewish Sabbath, no longer applies. Observance of the Law was for unconverted Old Covenant people who were still limited by their five senses, and so they had only "sense" knowledge of God and therefore followed a set of laws through their senses. It is only when the Day of Pentecost arrived and believers were filled with the Holy Spirit, that they no longer needed to depend on sense knowledge, but as their spirit was made alive, they were led of the Holy Spirit fellowshipping with their spirit. Those who are still dependent on the Law as part of their "Christian" observance, have no knowledge of the indwelling Holy Spirit because as "sense knowledge" people, they have no discernment of spiritual things. Because they are limited to "sense knowledge", they have not yet become new creations in Christ. "Those who are in Christ are new creations; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new." Those who are new creations in Christ know that they are no longer dependent on the Mosaic Law, because their righteousness is the righteousness of Christ which has been endowed through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

• Winner
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟892,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because your interpretation below is not true.

The grammar in the Hebrew is the same in both clauses "month with (or in) month" and "Sabbath with (or in) Sabbath"

In English we do not use that type of grammar, so it is rather difficult to translate. Luckily we have the same grammar being used elsewhere in the Holy writ for the clause "month with (or in) month.

As anyone can see below it is not meant to be understood as month to month as you are saying. But as every month throughout the months as the KJV translated below in verse 14. Verse 11 is provided so that everyone can see the context is once a month, not month to month as a continuous unending cycle.

Num 28:11 And in the beginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot;

Num 28:14 And their drink offerings shall be half an hin of wine unto a bullock, and the third part of an hin unto a ram, and a fourth part of an hin unto a lamb: this is the burnt offering of every month throughout the months of the year.
Amen I concede this is a valid point and looking at the Hebrew words used in the verses you provided I would have to agree with you. I apologize for my mistake.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟892,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Mosaic Law applied to Old Covenant people. Under the New Covenant, those who received Christ as Saviour became totally new creations through the indwelling Holy Spirit. This involved a whole transformation as their spirit, which was dead in trespasses and sins beforehand, was made alive. This means that for new creation believers, the Mosaic Law, including observance of the Jewish Sabbath, no longer applies. Observance of the Law was for unconverted Old Covenant people who were still limited by their five senses, and so they had only "sense" knowledge of God and therefore followed a set of laws through their senses. It is only when the Day of Pentecost arrived and believers were filled with the Holy Spirit, that they no longer needed to depend on sense knowledge, but as their spirit was made alive, they were led of the Holy Spirit fellowshipping with their spirit. Those who are still dependent on the Law as part of their "Christian" observance, have no knowledge of the indwelling Holy Spirit because as "sense knowledge" people, they have no discernment of spiritual things. Because they are limited to "sense knowledge", they have not yet become new creations in Christ. "Those who are in Christ are new creations; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new." Those who are new creations in Christ know that they are no longer dependent on the Mosaic Law, because their righteousness is the righteousness of Christ which has been endowed through the indwelling Holy Spirit.
Amen we are no longer under the Mosaic law we are under the law of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟98,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I disagree. My previous posts on another thread I demonstrated this quite clearly, Here is more scripture from the OT demonstrating this.

Ezekiel 36: 25 ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

So let's look at the results of the new covenant.

Jeremiah 31: 31 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Now let's compare this with John 17: 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus said knowing He and His Father results in eternal life. That is an exact parallel to the results of the new covenant. It is also exactly what I said in the other thread about loving God as we don't love people we don't know. In fact, we can't love people we don't know, as love between individuals is a relationship between them. So loving God will not, cannot, result in legalism.

This ties in well with Galatians 5: 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Notice that the fruit of the Spirit breaks no law. Therefore the fruit of the Spirit in the heart enables that person to keep the law of God. It does away with the sins of the flesh and enables them to inherit the kingdom of God, just like, as Jesus said, knowing He and His Father results in eternal life.

Messages like this are found throughout scripture. There is perfect agreement between the OT and the NT. Each reinforces the other.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟665,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to submit that WE, Gentiles, were never under the Law. At Pentecost the Holy Sprit was poured out to all mankind, It was the promise of Jesus to be with us always. He has sent the Comforter to do just that. 2Cor3:6-12 tells Jews that they are not under the guidance of the Law because the guidance of the Holy Spirit is much greater.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟892,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. My previous posts on another thread I demonstrated this quite clearly, Here is more scripture from the OT demonstrating this.

Ezekiel 36: 25 ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

So let's look at the results of the new covenant.

Jeremiah 31: 31 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Now let's compare this with John 17: 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus said knowing He and His Father results in eternal life. That is an exact parallel to the results of the new covenant. It is also exactly what I said in the other thread about loving God as we don't love people we don't know. In fact, we can't love people we don't know, as love between individuals is a relationship between them. So loving God will not, cannot, result in legalism.

This ties in well with Galatians 5: 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Notice that the fruit of the Spirit breaks no law. Therefore the fruit of the Spirit in the heart enables that person to keep the law of God. It does away with the sins of the flesh and enables them to inherit the kingdom of God, just like, as Jesus said, knowing He and His Father results in eternal life.

Messages like this are found throughout scripture. There is perfect agreement between the OT and the NT. Each reinforces the other.
Except there’s a problem with your interpretation of all this. We can grieve the Holy Spirit and people do fall away from the faith. Just because someone has been given a new heart doesn’t mean they cease to sin. The Bible does not say that God will continue to disregard our sins if we fall away from Christ.

• Winner
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus quotes from the Ten Commandment covenant: "You shall not commit adultery."
Jesus magnifies the law and equates adultery with looking lustfully at a woman.
Jesus says it is better to pluck out your eye rather than to be guilty of adultery.
Jesus says it is better to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. (Translation: LOSS OF SALVATION)
Society does not listen to nor obey Jesus.

Reactions: Studyman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟98,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I would like to submit that WE, Gentiles, were never under the Law. At Pentecost the Holy Sprit was poured out to all mankind, It was the promise of Jesus to be with us always. He has sent the Comforter to do just that. 2Cor3:6-12 tells Jews that they are not under the guidance of the Law because the guidance of the Holy Spirit is much greater.
Paul refutes that idea completely in Romans 2 and Colossians 2.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟665,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul refutes that idea completely in Romans 2 and Colossians 2.
Oh, does he? Please submit the verses in both letters because Paul tells us that Gentiles were not under the Law.

I do know that SDAs believe, because of Ellen's writings that Jesus does not stand with us at the end, but her statement is entirely wrong. Jesus said He would be with us until the end. Paul also states in 2Cor3 that the law WAS only temporary. What else do you refute?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟98,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh, does he? Please submit the verses in both letters because Paul tells us that Gentiles were not under the Law.

I do know that SDAs believe, because of Ellen's writings that Jesus does not stand with us at the end, but her statement is entirely wrong. Jesus said He would be with us until the end. Paul also states in 2Cor3 that the law WAS only temporary. What else do you refute?

You don't appear to understand SDA beliefs in the least.

Romans 2: 25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Colossians 3: 9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Colossians 2: 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Notice the last verse. You can't nail stone to wood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0