Akron
✟75,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hitler was about government targeting the youth.
We had a dorm father in High School who was a part of Hitler's Youth, He got sent to the front line when he was 12 years old. He got thrown into a polish prisoner of war camp where a guard knocked out one of his eyes with the butt of his rifle. They had to fire him somewhere along the way because he was becoming paranoid. So I do not know what happened to him after that. He was always very nice to me. Even though I was younger class and did not get in on the discussions of the older class people.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟250,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
We had a dorm father in High School who was a part of Hitler's Youth, He got sent to the front line when he was 12 years old. He got thrown into a polish prisoner of war camp where a guard knocked out one of his eyes with the butt of his rifle. They had to fire him somewhere along the way because he was becoming paranoid. So I do not know what happened to him after that. He was always very nice to me. Even though I was younger class and did not get in on the discussions of the older class people.
I cannot imagine the horror he experienced. Sounds terrifying to live throughout that time period. :(

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟250,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Why so glum?
I've felt this way for a long time. Maybe it's just my pessimistic personality. I wish I was a child again where everything I saw was through rose-colored glasses. I was much happier.

In all seriousness, the world isn't a very nice place.

• Agree
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟334,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
THAT'S PART OF THE PROBLEM. NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THEM. WE NEED TO RAISE AWARENESS.
Or mind our own business about transgenders personal business.

• Winner
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟250,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Or mind our own business about transgenders personal business.
...using the same logic, transgender shouldn't force their worldview on those who disagree with them. It's a two way street ;)

• Winner
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟372,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
  • Haha
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟372,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've felt this way for a long time. Maybe it's just my pessimistic personality. I wish I was a child again where everything I saw was through rose-colored glasses. I was much happier.

Most people are pretty good. Took me years to learn this. I grew up in a not-so-good place. I thought I didn't like people. Fortunately, I met a truly wonderful woman in college, and she was able to get me to see things clearly.

The problem is, the worst of us are those who seek power.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I've felt this way for a long time. Maybe it's just my pessimistic personality. I wish I was a child again where everything I saw wasright through rose-colored glasses. I was much happier.
The Bible says we are to have the Mind of Christ. This is what it means to be transformed and a new Creation in Christ. There are hundreds maybe thousands of scriptures that can guide us in knowing what it means to have the mind of Christ. For example Romans 11:6 talks about the Grace of God working in us. So it is not by our own works we are saved, it is a work of God in us and through us.

There are so many. For example, I died with Christ so it is no longer me who lives but Christ liveth in me. Galathins 2 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Or one more. Here is one we could spend a lot of time trying to understand: Ephesians 1:5 "…4For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love". This can even help you with your dilemma. I believe it is God's desire for everyone to be saved. Even before the planet Earth He was busy making the element that make us in a star some where.

With all the vast understanding we can gain perhaps we need to understand that God wants everyone to be saved. We do have choice. The right choice is life, health, blessing and healing. The right choice is to put on the Mind of Christ and think positive thoughts. Even if people can choose death and destruction. Which is why you get discouraged because God gives people the ability to make the wrong choice. So you must choose the right choice and choose not to allow this to discourage you.

WE are told that ALL things work together for good. So no matter what happens, God is going to cause good to come out of it because God is good and God is absolute and perfect Justice. His scales are perfectly balance and no one gets away with anything. Some people may say that everyone is rewarded or punished according to the choices they make. So of course we want people to make the right choices. So that can be a mission for us to help people make the right choices so they can inherit the Kingdom of God and receive all of the best of what God wants and has for us.

So this is just three scriptures out of the hundreds or thousands that show us what it means to have the Mind of Christ and to think the DIvine thoughts of God. Let me give you a scripture for that one. One of my favorite scriptures in the Bible. So even if we can not think the thoughts of God. We can know the thoughts of God and know He loves us and He wants what is best for all of us. Every man, women and child that has ever been born into this world.

Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV):
“For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I met a truly wonderful woman in college
They say behind every good man is a good women.

Proverbs 31:10-12 (NIV) “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
She saved my life.
My wife saved my life also. She did CPR while waiting for the fire dept to come out with their defibrillator to get my heart going. They say the chance of them being able to revive me was one in 1200. That was 20 years ago (2015). I take care of her also. It is a two way street.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I cannot imagine the horror he experienced.
Makes me wonder how all things can work together for good. Although Corrie Tan Boon does talk about all of that in her book.
Sounds terrifying to live throughout that time period.
Actually the problem is that too many people become stoic. Although my dad was stationed in Germany right at the end of the war. He was one of the first to go into one of the concentration camps. He went back 20 years later and he said he could still smell the burned flesh. I did not ask him if it was his imagination or not. The mind can play tricks on us.

Corrie Tan Boon talks about how she was at a church meeting and one of the cruelest guards walked up to her and said: I know God forgives me, but do YOU forgive me. Her answer was no, she did not. She knew that was an area of her life she needed to work on. She was able to reach a point where she was able to forgive him.

We have to forgive to get into Heaven. We have to love everyone there, even if they are our enemy here. Matthew 5 44

Love Your Enemies
…43You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor’ and ‘Hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.…

The WW2 vets were some of the best people that ever lived. Often they would say I am willing to die for you to have your beliefs if I agree with you or not. The attitude of liberals today is far from that.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

The joy of it, though is, recognizing this “fact” without allowing it to “destroy” your peace.
People fight all of the time, this is our “natural order of things”.
Our DNA compels is to out-compete other species, and we don’t seem to understand that we’re able to draw a line, (whether with a God or without one/any), and stop doing just what our genes are telling us to do.

That’s what “civilization“ is.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
They say behind every good man is a good women.

Proverbs 31:10-12 (NIV) “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.”
Your typo is unironically correct, nice one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟879,060.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Most people are pretty good. Took me years to learn this. I grew up in a not-so-good place. I thought I didn't like people. Fortunately, I met a truly wonderful woman in college, and she was able to get me to see things clearly.
Early in life I was a misanthrope. One of my favorite car bumper stickers was "The more I know people, the more I love my dog." It was Christianity that made see that despite our flaws, most people are mostly good.
The problem is, the worst of us are those who seek power.
G. K. Chesterton has a quote to the effect that, the only man who deserves to wield power is the man who is reluctant to do so. Unfortunately, that's very rarely the case.

• Agree
Upvote 0