Worship Powerpoint Suggestions?

Christian7940

Apr 24, 2004
✟119.00
Faith
Baptist
Hey everyone,

Im trying to help out with a college ministry at my campus, anyhoo i wanted to have video background behind the text in our powerpoint songs, instead of just a still picture. I saw at done at a conference i went too...

Anyways, everything ive found cost money.. seems like everyone wants to make money these days, but i was wondering if anyone had a free site they knew of, or free video clips i could use (legally of course/please).

Thanks for any insight, or suggestions.

tubaboy963

Sep 15, 2004
Washington
✟7,858.00
Faith
Baptist
Christian7940 said:
Hey everyone,

Im trying to help out with a college ministry at my campus, anyhoo i wanted to have video background behind the text in our powerpoint songs, instead of just a still picture. I saw at done at a conference i went too...

Anyways, everything ive found cost money.. seems like everyone wants to make money these days, but i was wondering if anyone had a free site they knew of, or free video clips i could use (legally of course/please).

what I've found is that it doesn't work in PowerPoint because you can't make the text stand out. There are good programs out there (Media Shout, Song Show Plus) but they cost about $500. Short answer, not with powerpoint. the text becomes not readable.

Upvote 0

ElElohe

A humble Resistentialist
Jun 27, 2003
Siloam Springs, AR
Visit site
✟16,322.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you want an opinion from a graphic design perspective, most of those videos will detract from the words, or inotherwords make it more difficult to read. In graphic design, communication is primary with most projects. If you are confident that most people in the congregation already know the words, this could be license to embellish with such videos. But in a college worship setting, visitors are almost par for the course.

Our church uses a program that is called Easy Worship, if I remember right. It works pretty well, and does include some video backgrounds. But if you couldn't already tell, I find them distracting from the worship.

Christian7940 said:
Hey everyone,

Upvote 0