"Word of Faith" -- is it true or false doctrine?

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god<G2316> of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
2 Cor 4:3-7

I ask you, is Satan really the "God" of this world?

Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? Hath not my hand made all these things?
Acts 7:49-50

But, the Word of God is true, within the context it is given.

I have said, Ye are gods<H430>; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations
Psalms 82:1-8

If you had to (because the verse is in the Bible -- you know it is), attach any kind of meaning that you wanted to what God intended "gods" to mean (In the Psalm 82 passage), what would you say? (I"d like to hear it!)

It would be something VERY balanced, wouldn't it?
It wouldn't make you "God #4" or "God #2" with a presumed ability to run this world and hand it over on a silver platter for Jesus to rule, would it? It would likely imply something to do with sonship "in Him" and as believers, it would certainly mean Jesus controlling and directing matters, wouldn't it?

The key words are in the entire passage...

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he "judgeth" among the gods. How long will ye "judge" unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah. "Defend" the poor and fatherless: "do justice" to the afflicted and needy. "Deliver" the poor and needy: "rid them" out of the hand of the wicked. They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

I have said, Ye are gods<H430>; and all of you are "children of the most High." But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations
Psalms 82:1-8

Does it not refer to those in authority on the earth to rise up and judge and defend and do justice; to deliver and "rid them" from wickedness?

If Jesus gave authority to man to be the original "god of this world" (one in His image and likeness, with delegated authority to obey God's commission) to take dominion over this world and subdue it, then this is what He is talking about.

But man allowed the enemy to steal the dominion that is still man's.
You have to have a physical body on this earth to have dominion over it. The enemy does NOT have a physical body. He works THROUGH those who are spiritually dead, or to those who would yield to him.

Now man is not an independent entity who now is to rule. Jesus took back the (implied/practical) rule from the enemy. The carnal nature CANNOT rule and have godly dominion in this world. It is only achieved legitmately "in Christ". That means, the Body yields to the dictates of the Head (to bring all things under His feet).

So when people use terms like "little gods" (which I personally very much dislike -
should be "little g" gods), their is no reason to "get the guards!" because almost always they are talking about allowing Jesus (through you) to enforce the defeat of Satan the "god" of this world. Remember Jesus said "gods". Nobody is going to create man or do anything without the Father leading and surely no one is that deceived to think that they will.

So it's ok in context to look at what Jesus said in Psalms 82 and not get excited like "Mary, Mother of God!". You can probably insert your definition I spoke of as to what Jesus meant (as being balanced and unoffensive to God) and it will probably be just fine.

As long as the dominion is through a man on this earth "in Him".
All the other implied "ditch" versions go ahead and loose them from your soul and let's be in unity and let Jesus be Lord over the earth!

Whew! Don't stone me!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I agree,Mary indeed was the mother of God.

Emanuel God with us born to a virgin there are no reasons to discount Mary in the good news.

Little God's would be the only logical conclusion from the statement:
Let us make man in our own image.

The statement does not refer to omniscient,or equality with God.

Personally I believe it was a reference to the same freewill.

Upvote 0