Will I financially support the building of the 3rd temple in Jerusalem?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟94,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. I don't need your support. But if you choose to refute what I am saying, you will need to do your homework in the Bible first to show any credibility.
You made a claim but you do not support your claim. Are you in the habit of saying things without supporting them?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟874,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The clue to interpreting the Book of Revelation is to dig into the Old and New Testaments to find the links between things that are written in them and what we see in Revelation. For example, the woman giving birth is not the Virgin Mary not is it the Christian church. She is actually Israel producing the Messiah, and afterward is spirited away to a refuge. What this says is that there will come a time when the remnant of Israel will be protected against destruction and will come back to receive Christ when He returns to reign for 1000 years in Jerusalem. If Israel is destroyed Christ cannot return, because the promise is that He will return to Israel and that the remnant will turn to Him and be saved. When we look at the rest of the Bible we see that Jesus was born in Judea, so has come out of Israel. We also see the link between the dragon who is waiting to devour the new born infant, and all the attempts through Scripture of Satan trying to destroy Israel (Pharaoh killing infant boys, Herod killing the innocents, Jesus being crucified, Hamon plotting to kill all the Jews, etc.) but he fails and the woman's child becomes King of kings and Lord of lords. This is just one example of using the rest of the Bible to interpret a passage from Revelation.

We know that Babylon is going to be rebuilt, because in Revelation it is utterly destroyed during the end time events. We know through history that Babylon was not actually destroyed, but was taken over without a fight by Cyrus, and ended up being a ghost city that fell into ruin. Sadaam Hussein was in the process of rebuilding Babylon when he was deposed. Babylon stands for human pride (the Tower of Babel) and everything that is evil. The destruction of Babylon then stands for the destruction of everything that man has built to show his ability to go it alone without God.

What this means then is that the Book of Revelation cannot be interpreted as a stand alone book that is unrelated to the rest of the Bible. Everything in Revelation can be explained in the rest of the Bible if we are prepared to spend the time and effort to dig for it. In the same way, if we encounter an obscure passage in the Old Testament that we can't interpret, put Christ in the middle of it. How does this passage describe Christ? Then it becomes clear. For example, the story of Joseph has definite links to Christ in that he was rejected by his brothers (as Christ was rejected by the Jews), went through a time of hardship (Christ being arrested, whipped and crucified), but ended up being lord over all Egypt and was the salvation of his father and brothers in the same way that Christ is our salvation and is seated at the right hand of the majesty on high far above all other authority and power. The book of Ruth is all about redemption, reflecting Christ as our redeemer, paying our debt and become our Bridegroom.

This is what makes the Bible fascinating to study, and clearly shows extra-terrestrial design in order to put Christ right in the centre of the Old and New Testaments.

I think the general notion of using Christ as an interpretive key, particularly when it comes to the OT, is helpful. It's an approach that has a long history going back to the Alexandrian school and even Christ, himself (think of his interpretation of Moses lifting up the serpent). What's concerning is the notion that if x doesn't happen in relation to Israel, then Christ can't return. This is what I mean when I say God isn't beholden to our conceptions of how the eschaton unfolds.

For example, consider how some of the religious leaders in Jesus's day missed that he was the Messiah. They had access to the prophetic writings, but because he didn't fit their expectations of what the Messiah would be and do, they misunderstood what he was about. Expectations can blind us and work against us, as @bèlla was pointing out.

• Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟118,304.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you omitted to explain is where the Throne of David is going to be when Jesus returns to Israel to commence His 1000 year reign.
The question is that there will not be built any Temple, the supposed 3rd den of thiefs, a supposed 3rd temple, whose Temple JESUS commanded prophetically to be destroyed for ever and ever. JESUS is already sat down on His Throne at the right hand of the Majesty on high, i.e. at the right hand of GOD the Father, in the third heaven. But the Devil insists in his devilish and false message to build a third den of thieves, what will never happen. My GOD is in control of history, nothing random happens, understand? And the 3rd heaven will be established from now on.

Who is accounted worthy to obtain that world that will be established from now on? By the way, there will be resurrection from the dead in the current time, and those which will be caught up can they die any more: for they will be equal unto the angels, children of GOD -John 1:12-13-take a look, being the children of the resurrection.

JESUS is already sat down on His Throne at the right hand of the Majesty on high, i.e. at the right hand of GOD the Father, in the third heaven.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟118,304.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I realize there is a whole eschatological framework that involves rebuilding it. I'm just not convinced that framework is credible and for the reasons I mentioned. I don't mean offense in saying that, I know some folks take their eschatology very seriously, but the eschatology game is a gamble since God is not beholden to our conceptions of how things should pan out. That's why I think it's important to ask: To what end?
The Devil does this to gain time in keeping people from the truth.
The Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and DOCTRINES OF DEVILS;
Speaking LIES in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 1 Timothy 4:1-2. The question is: Who are the devils? The answer is: the betrayers: JESUS said: John 6:70-71:-70 -Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

I kill the snake and show the stick.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟843,680.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I think the general notion of using Christ as an interpretive key, particularly when it comes to the OT, is helpful. It's an approach that has a long history going back to the Alexandrian school and even Christ, himself (think of his interpretation of Moses lifting up the serpent). What's concerning is the notion that if x doesn't happen in relation to Israel, then Christ can't return. This is what I mean when I say God isn't beholden to our conceptions of how the eschaton unfolds.

For example, consider how some of the religious leaders in Jesus's day missed that he was the Messiah. They had access to the prophetic writings, but because he didn't fit their expectations of what the Messiah would be and do, they misunderstood what he was about. Expectations can blind us and work against us, as @bèlla was pointing out.
The point is that if Israel is totally destroyed and there are no Jews left in the world, then Christ has nothing to return to and there would be no point in having a 1000 year reign. When we look at the book of Esther, and the Nazi holocaust we see Satan's desire to have the Jews totally destroyed so there will be no Israel. Also, the Jews returning to Israel is a significant factor in God's plan for Israel at the end time. If there is no Israel, God's plan would come to nothing. Satan knows that if he could utterly destroy Israel he could frustrate God's plan. This is why he is going to gather the armies of the world to attack Israel with the intention of having a last ditch attempt to wipe it off the map. Of course, we know that he is going to fail.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟843,680.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The question is that there will not be built any Temple, the supposed 3rd den of thiefs, a supposed 3rd temple, whose Temple JESUS commanded prophetically to be destroyed for ever and ever. JESUS is already sat down on His Throne at the right hand of the Majesty on high, i.e. at the right hand of GOD the Father, in the third heaven. But the Devil insists in his devilish and false message to build a third den of thieves, what will never happen. My GOD is in control of history, nothing random happens, understand? And the 3rd heaven will be established from now on.

Who is accounted worthy to obtain that world that will be established from now on? By the way, there will be resurrection from the dead in the current time, and those which will be caught up can they die any more: for they will be equal unto the angels, children of GOD -John 1:12-13-take a look, being the children of the resurrection.

JESUS is already sat down on His Throne at the right hand of the Majesty on high, i.e. at the right hand of GOD the Father, in the third heaven.
If we look at the promise of God in the Old Testament that there will always be a successor of David governing Israel, this was put on hold when Judah went into captivity. Therefore there has to come a time when Jesus is to return and claim the throne of David in Israel. Where Jesus is seated at present, is not the throne of David, and it will be on that throne that Jesus will bring all things into conclusion in the world, including the Great White Throne judgment, and the destruction of the present heavens and earth, and the formation of the new heavens and earth and the founding of the New Jerusalem. Once everything is completed, Jesus will hand the kingdom back to the Father.

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟452,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus returns in person, He will sit on the throne of David. Because the throne of David is in the Temple, it means that a third temple will be built. This will be the temple taken over by the AntiChrist, which is the abomination of desolation described by Luke. Matthew's description involves the desecration and destruction of the temple by the Romans in AD70.

We, as Gentiles won't be financially contributing to the building of the temple because it is the Jewish temple and therefore will be financed and built by the Jews. Apparently there are negotiations going on to reserve a part of the temple mount on which the new temple will be built.

We need to know that the Church has not replaced Israel. God has a plan for both. Replacement theology was instituted by anti-Semitic theologians who teach that the Church is the new Israel. But it is quite clear in Revelation, that when Jesus returns in person, He will return to Israel and take the throne of David in the temple. The 1000 year reign will be from Israel. The Christian church will not be involved. They will be elsewhere until the end of the 1000 year reign and then will be witnesses to the second resurrection involving unbelievers, and the great White Throne judgment.

When the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven. the remnant of Israel plus the bride of Christ will be merged, and all will be one under Christ. Then Christ will hand the kingdom back to the Father and we will enter into the joys of the Lord for eternity.
The throne of David is equal to Yahweh's throne, the true "David's" throne. Christ being the true David and the true king of Israel.
2 Chronicles 9:
8Blessed be the LORD your God, who has delighted in you to set you on His throne to be king for the LORD your God. Because your God loved Israel enough to establish them forever, He has made you king over them to carry out justice and righteousness."
1 Chronicles 29:23Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king in place of David his father. And he prospered, and all Israel obeyed him.

He was declared the "king of Israel" John 1:49
Matt 28:18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
Acts 2:25-36 Peter shows how Jesus fulfilled the promise to David of sitting on his throne.

Everyone knows the following. The question is; was the government put upon His shoulders? and has it increased? and when will it end?
Isaiah 9:
6For unto us a child is born,
unto us a son is given,
and the government will be upon His shoulders.
And He will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7Of the increase of His government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on the throne of David
and over his kingdom,
to establish and sustain it
with justice and righteousness
from that time and forevermore.
The zeal of the LORD of Hosts will accomplish this.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
You have Google. Look up Throne of David and it will give you the information. You don't have to believe what I say on first impression. You can be like a Berean and do your own homework to see if what I am saying is correct.
VERSE?

Google chapter and verse please.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Excellent point.
Prophecy was rarely understood until it came to pass. That is why we have so many different views of what will happen, and most, if all are wrong.

Time is an interpreter.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟843,680.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
VERSE?

Google chapter and verse please.
I don't do people's homework for them. If you don't believe me, then don't believe me and move on. Anyway your next post shows that you already have settled views so I would be wasting my time doing your homework for you.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I don't do people's homework for them. If you don't believe me, then don't believe me and move on. Anyway your next post shows that you already have settled views so I would be wasting my time doing your homework for you.
It was a tongue in cheek note. Sorry you didn't get the intended humour.

Upvote 0