USA
✟495,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then it falls to you to Biblically demonstrate that inadequate understanding.

Assertion with Biblical demonstration is assertion without merit.
This seems to be your answer to everyone who disagrees with you, you are not the arbitrator of God’s Truth. We all will stand before Jesus soon, so thats what matters, His judgement, not the teaching of men leading people to break God’s commandments. Matthew 5:19

You’re free to believe what you want, I’ll leave it as agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That’s not what this scripture says….
3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
What day did God rest from the foundation of the world? The scripture tells us which day but for some reason the scripture keeps getting ignored…
As in your ignoring Heb 4:3?

Nor did you address the text's use of Psalm 95 presented there.
There is no scripture that says Jesus is the Sabbath and suddenly became a day.
There is no Scripture that says "God is triune."
Hebrews 4:9 NIV There remains (not changed), then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;
Precisely. . .in our salvation rest in Jesus Christ, from our own works to save and in his finished work which saves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As in your ignoring Heb 4:3?
I think you will have to wait until Jesus tells you Himself that He did not become one of the Ten Commandments, that the Ten Commandments are meant for us to obey. Exodus 20:6, John 14:15, 1 John 5:3, Hebrews 8:10 Revelation 22:14 Jesus did not command Himself something to do and no scripture says Jesus became a commandment or that we can edit the commandments. Deut 4:2.
There is no Scripture that says "God is triune."
Does not mean we can start adding whatever we want to the Word of God
Precisely. . .in our salvation rest in Jesus Christ, from our own works to save and in his finished work which saves.

Not what the scripture says.

Hebrews 4:9 NIV There remains (not changed), then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;

This literally translates into Sabbath-keeping- just like God said in the commandment- which remains, not changed-Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy Exodus 20:8

a Sabbath rest
σαββατισμὸς (sabbatismos)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4520: A keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest

The Sabbath rest is the Sabbath commandment which remains, not changed Exodus 20:8-11 that God said is on the seventh day. Exodus 20:10 Hebrews 4:4 Genesis 2:1-3 your argument appears to be with the Text.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, it doesn’t and already addressed. Take care.
You are the one who brought it up in post #29, to which I responded in post #32 and which response you have not addressed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CRICKETS. . .

Hi Claire,

I would like to examine the scripture you reference stating it says God’s own rest is full time, because these scriptures do not seem to be saying what you are claiming they are…. Previously you acknowledged there was no scripture that supports this, so not sure why you continue promoting something that is not in the scriptures.
Hebrews 3:11 So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”
Hebrews 4:3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Hebrews 4:5 and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”
Hebrews 4:3-4 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;
Not one of these scriptures says God’s own rest is full time,
Heb 4:3 does. He has been resting since the last day of creation; i.e., the foundation of the world. . .that's full-time since creation.
these are all references to the OT and a direct reference to Psalms 95.
Precisely. . .which psalm presents the history of Israel under Moses' leadership in the desert (keeping in mind that Heb 3:1-4:13 is demonstrating that Jesus is greater than Moses),
where Heb 3:7-8 is referring to (1) Nu 14, (2) as well as the time of David (Ps 95), and also now (3) to the time of this writing to the Hebrew Christians, regarding unbelief (Heb 3:12).
Just as the psalmist used the example of Israel under Moses (Nu 14) to warn the Israelites of unbelief (Heb 3:12) and disobedience in the psalmist's day,
so the writer of Hebrews is now applying the psalmist's warning, against unbelief and disobedience, to the Hebrew recipients of this letter in his day.
So the nature of the disobedience under Moses; i.e., it was failure to enter God's promised rest from their enemies in Canaan,
is the key to the issue in Hebrews; i.e., failure to enter God's own promised rest in the NT salvation rest of Jesus Christ.
And the rest promised by God in both cases (Canaan and Hebrews) is God's own rest from his works,
with the rest in Canaan being from their own protection of themselves, and in God's protection of them from their enemies,
and the rest in Hebrews being from their own work to save, and in God's own full-time rest of Christ's finished work which saves.
None of these verses state that Jesus is our NT Sabbath and suddenly became a day,
Likewise, no verse states that God is Trinity. . .the meaning is grasped only in the light of other truths which are stated.

Sabbath is about man's rest given him by God. The day is simply when man rests.
In the NT, that rest is God's own full-time rest given us in Christ's finished work.
Christ being our rest from work to save makes Christ our Sabbath.
You are adding to the word of God.
No more so than the Trinity adds to the word of God.

The Trinity is understood in the light of much Scripture where it is never explicitly stated, "God is three persons in one Being," but
where understanding of them in the light of other Scripture (e.g., Mt 28:19) leaves no other conclusion.

Likewise, Jesus our Sabbath is understood in the light of other Scriptures (e.g., Heb 3:7-4:13)where, though not explicitly stated, understanding of them in the light of the particular issues they present (e.g., Canaan, rest, warning against Hebrew unbelief) make their meaning clear.

Post #11 presents a full exposition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
CRICKETS. . .

Heb 4:3 does. He has been resting since the last day of creation; i.e., the foundation of the world. . .that's full-time since creation.

Precisely. . .which psalm presents the history of Israel under Moses' leadership in the desert (keeping in mind that Heb 3:1-4:13 is demonstrating that Jesus is greater than Moses),
where Heb 3:7-8 is referring to (1) Nu 14, (2) as well as the time of David (Ps 95), and also now (3) to the time of this writing to the Hebrew Christians, regarding unbelief (Heb 3:12).
Just as the psalmist used the example of Israel under Moses (Nu 14) to warn the Israelites of unbelief (Heb 3:12) and disobedience in the psalmist's day,
so the writer of Hebrews is now applying the psalmist's warning, against unbelief and disobedience, to the Hebrew recipients of this letter in his day.
So the nature of the disobedience under Moses; i.e., it was failure to enter God's promised rest from their enemies in Canaan,
is the key to the issue in Hebrews; i.e., failure to enter God's own promised rest in the NT salvation rest of Jesus Christ.
And the rest promised by God in both cases (Canaan and Hebrews) is God's own rest from his works,
with the rest in Canaan being from their own protection of themselves, and in God's protection of them from their enemies,
and the rest in Hebrews being from their own work to save, and in God's own full-time rest of Christ's finished work which saves.

Likewise, no verse states that God is Trinity. . .the meaning is grasped only in the light of other truths which are stated.

Sabbath is about man's rest given him by God. The day is simply when man rests.
In the NT, that rest is God's own full-time rest given us in Christ's finished work.
Christ being our rest from work to save makes Christ our Sabbath.

No more so than the Trinity adds to the word of God.

The Trinity is understood in the light of much Scripture where it is never explicitly stated, "God is three persons in one Being," but
where understanding of them in the light of other Scripture (e.g., Mt 28:19) leaves no other conclusion.

Likewise, Jesus our Sabbath is understood in the light of other Scriptures (e.g., Heb 3:7-4:13)where, though not explicitly stated, understanding of them in the light of the particular issues they present (e.g., Canaan, rest, warning against Hebrew unbelief) make their meaning clear.

Post #11 presents a full exposition.
Repeating yourself still does not make Jesus turn into the Sabbath commandment. A commandment is not something Jesus commanded Himself to do, it is meant for His people. Jesus kept the seventh day Sabbath and all the commandments His entire life as our example to follow. John 15:10, Luke 4:16, 1 John 2:6 and to be honest it’s insulting to even suggest that Jesus turned into one of the Ten Commandments that sits under His mercy seat in Heaven. Exo 25:17-22 Jesus died for us and does not need to give Himself mercy, this make Him less than God and not our Savior.

The Sabbath Commandment is just that a commandment and it is written in stone by the finger of God, Exodus 32:16 Exodus 31:18 now written in the hearts and minds of His people. Hebrews 8:10 The earthy temple was an exact replica of God’s heavenly Temple so no editing on the Ten Commandments. Revelation 11:19 Deut 4:2 but we have free will to believe what we want, it just doesn’t make it Truth and we are only sanctified by Truth. John 17:17 This is the problem in scripture we are warned about people believing and practicing a lie. 2 Thes 2:10-13 Revelation 22:15. All of God’s commandments are Truth Psalms 119:151 and are righteous Psalms 119:172 which means they will always be the right thing to do according to God. While keeping the Ten Commandments exactly the way God wrote them unedited is not popular, Jesus tells us to keep the commandments of God over man’s rules. Matthew 15:3-9. Belief and obedience go hand-in-hand in Hebrews 3 and 4 and Psalms 95 so its up to us to believe and do what God said or follow the popular path that teaches against God’s will and testimony.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Repeating yourself still does not make Jesus turn into the Sabbath commandment. A commandment is not something Jesus commanded Himself to do, it is meant for His people. Jesus kept the seventh day Sabbath His entire life as our example to follow. John 15:10, Luke 4:16, 1 John 2:6 and to be honest it’s insulting to even suggest that Jesus turned into one of the Ten Commandments. The Sabbath Commandment is just that a commandment and it is written in stone by the finger of God, Exodus 32:16 Exodus 31:18 now written in the hearts and minds of His people. Hebrews 8:10 The earthy temple was an exact replica of God’s heavenly Temple so no editing on the Ten Commandments. Revelation 11:19 Deut 4:2 but we have free will to believe what we want, it just doesn’t make it Truth and we are only sanctified by Truth. John 17:17 This is the problem in scripture we are warned about people believing and practicing a lie. 2 Thes 2:10-13 Revelation 22:15. All of God’s commandments are Truth Psalms 119:151 and are righteous Psalms 119:172 which means they will always be the right thing to do according to God. While keeping the Ten Commandments exactly the way God wrote them unedited is not popular, Jesus tells us to keep the commandments of God over man’s rules. Matthew 15:3-9. Belief and obedience go hand-in-hand in Hebrews 3 and 4 and Psalms 95 so its up to use to believe what God said or follow the popular path that teaches against God’s will And testimony.
Well, inability by you to demonstrate any Biblical error in the material I presented makes the conclusion thereto pretty obvious.

Thanks.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, inability by you to demonstrate any Biblical error in the material I presented makes the conclusion thereto pretty obvious.

Thanks.
Believe what you want, Jesus is the arbitrator of His Truth and will be our Judge and I am comfortable with that. I am just trying to give a life jacket before it’s too late and what Jesus commissions us to do Matthew 5:19, This madness that we do not need to obey God’s commandments or they can be edited when God said no. Deut 4:2. If they are perfect Psalms 19:7 Romans 7:12 why would anyone want to improve on what God personally spoke and what God wrote with His own finger- I know who wants us to believe this lie Revelation 12:17 John 8:44

God loves so much He did not leave it up to man to write His eternal law that cannot be edited, kept in the Most Holy of His Temple under His mercy seat where He dwells in heaven, unchanged. Revelation 11:19 Deut 4:2

This literally translates into Sabbath-keeping- just like God said in the commandment- which remains, not changed-Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy Exodus 20:8 -10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God.

a Sabbath rest

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Believe what you want, Jesus is the arbitrator of His Truth and will be our Judge and I am comfortable with that. I am just trying to give a life jacket before it’s too late and what Jesus commissions us to do Matthew 5:19, This madness that we do not need to obey God’s commandments or they can be edited when God said no. Deut 4:2. If they are perfect Psalms 19:7 Romans 7:12 why would anyone want to improve on what God personally spoke and what God wrote with His own finger- I know who wants us to believe this lie Revelation 12:17 John 8:44

God loves so much He did not leave it up to man to write His eternal law that cannot be edited, kept in the Most Holy of His Temple under His mercy seat where He dwells in heaven, unchanged. Revelation 11:19 Deut 4:2

This literally translates into Sabbath-keeping- just like God said in the commandment- which remains, not changed-Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy Exodus 20:8 -10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God.

a Sabbath rest
amen.

I Rom 3 we find that the Law of God - the Commandments of God applies to every mouth, all the world - even in the NT

Rom 3:19-20
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Thanks.
The problem is not your texts , it is the fact that you never find a text saying "Jesus is our Sabbath".

============================================================================
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
BY
DWIGHT L. MOODY​
The Ten Commandments:
Exodus 20:2-17​
The Fourth Commandment
Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days the LORD made heaven and Earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath Day, and hallowed it.
THERE HAS BEEN an awful letting-down in this country regarding the Sabbath during the last twenty-five years, and many a man has been shorn of spiritual power, like Samson, because he is not straight on this question. Can you say that you observe the Sabbath properly? You may be a professed Christian: are you obeying this commandment? Or do you neglect the house of God on the Sabbath day, and spend your time drinking and carousing in places of vice and crime, showing contempt for God and His law? Are you ready to step into the scales? Where were you last Sabbath? How did you spend it?

I honestly believe that this commandment is just as binding today as it ever was.
I have talked with men who have said that it has been abrogated, but they have never been able to point to any place in the Bible where God repealed it. When Christ was on earth, He did nothing to set it aside; He freed it from the traces under which the scribes and Pharisees had put it, and gave it its true place.​
"The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27)
It is just as practicable and as necessary for men today as it ever was- in fact, more than ever, because we live in such an intense age.

The Sabbath was binding in Eden, and it has been in force ever since. The fourth commandment begins with the word remember, showing that the Sabbath already existed when God wrote this law on the tables of stone at Sinai.
How can men claim that this one commandment has been done away with when they will admit that the other nine are still binding?

I believe that the Sabbath question today is a vital one for the whole country. It is the burning question of the present time. If you give up the Sabbath the church goes
; if you give up the church the home goes; and if the home goes the nation goes. That is the direction in which we are traveling.

The church of God is losing its power on account of so many people giving up the Sabbath, and using it to promote selfishness.[/quote]​
HOW TO OBSERVE THE SABBATH
"Sabbath" means "rest," and the meaning of the word gives a hint as to the true way to observe the day. God rested after creation, and ordained the Sabbath as a rest for man. He blessed it and hallowed it. Remember the rest-day to keep it holy. It is the day when the body may be refreshed and strengthened after six days of labor, and the soul drawn into closer fellowship with its Maker.

"True observance of the Sabbath may be considered under two general heads:​
  1. cessation from ordinary secular work, and
  2. religious exercises.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The problem is not your texts , it is the fact that you never find a text saying "Jesus is our Sabbath".
The sad thing about this popular doctrine and by making Jesus our Sabbath and one of the Ten Commandments which as you point out there is no text, it makes Jesus no longer our Savior. If Jesus is one of the Ten Commandments, that means He is under the mercy seat instead of the one giving mercy and makes Him worship Himself in heaven instead of the saints coming before Him on the Sabbath to worship as the Text states. Isaiah 66:23​

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The problem is not your texts , it is the fact that you never find a text saying "Jesus is our Sabbath."
I hear you, but where do we find a text specifically saying, "God is triune" or "God is sovereign" or "Jesus is God" or "the Holy Spirit is God," or. . .

We know those things not from a specific statement of such, but from the overall testimony of Scripture.

Is the above then not a false premise?

So it remains to demonstrate the Biblical error in the Scriptural demonstration given of such things, and which has not been done regarding the testimony of Heb 3:7-4:13 to Jesus Christ being God's own full-time NT Sabbath rest for us, from our own works to save and in his finished work which saves, of which the OT Sabbath was a pattern/type, as the flood (1 Pe 3:19-21) or circumcision (Col 2:11-12) were types.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I hear you, but where do we find a text specifically saying, "God is triune" or "God is sovereign" or "Jesus is God" or "the Holy Spirit is God," or. . .

We know those things not from a specific statement of such, but from the overall testimony of Scripture.

Is the above then not a false premise?

So it remains to demonstrate the Biblical error in the Scriptural demonstration given of such things, and which has not been done regarding the testimony of Heb 3:7-4:13 to Jesus Christ being our full-time NT Sabbath rest, from our own works to save and in his finished work which saves, of which the OT Sabbath was a pattern/type, as was the flood (1 Pe 3:19-21) or circumcision (Col 2:11-12).
God gives us rest, but does not take away the Sabbath commandment. In fact, the issue with the Israelites and why they never entered into Christ rest was due to their disobedience. Hebrews 3:16-18, Psalms 95:8 Hebrews 4:6 and what they disobeyed was specifically the Sabbath Ezekiel 20:13 Ezekiel 20:21 and why the Sabbath rest remains (unchanged) for the people of God Hebrews 4:9 NIV and which is why we are to cease from our works as God did from His on the seventh day Hebrews 4:4, Genesis 2:1-3 we are to not follow the same path of disobedience as the Israelites who did not enter into Christs rest. Hebrews 4:11

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God gives us rest, but does not take away the Sabbath commandment.
The Sabbath is fulfilled, in the true meaning for which it was given, it is not taken away.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath is fulfilled, in the true meaning for which it was given, it is not taken away.
There is no scripture that says one of the Ten Commandments is fulfilled and now can be profaned including the Sabbath commandment. Hebrews 4 is pretty clear about Sabbath-keeping and not following the same example of disobedience, but we have free will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no scripture that says one of the Ten Commandments is fulfilled and now can be profaned including the Sabbath commandment. Hebrews 4 is pretty clear about Sabbath-keeping and not following the same example of disobedience, but we have free will.
Previously addressed. . .

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Jesus is called "My Lord and My GOD" in the NT. I don't think you can claim you have that sort of "Jesus is the Sabbath" statement in the NT.
Heb 1 says "Let all the Angels of God WORSHIP Him"
Rev 19 says to worship God alone.
Titus 2:13 Calls Him "Our great God and Savior - Jesus Christ"

Jesus MADE the Sabbath.
Jesus said that the Sabbath was "made for mankind" -- We cannot point to that which was made... and claim it is God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0