Who would be best vice president for Trump? poll

Who would be best vice president for Trump?

• 5 Sarah H. Sanders (gov of Arkansas)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Governor Youngkin (VA)

• 8 Ted Cruz

• Total voters

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

I guess I should mark #9 because I can't make up my mind between 2 through 8, although I am leaning toward Greg Abbott, who basically saved our country by blocking off the illegals!

Yay, Abbott!

Also, I wouldn't want the Congress to be without Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio. I've heard the latter can sometimes look kind of RINO-ish but he has a lot of interesting things to say and I can't say I have studied him (voting record) thoroughly. I don't have many doubts about Cruz, though

Reactions: Vambram

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,249,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

I guess I should mark #9 because I can't make up my mind between 2 through 8, although I am leaning toward Greg Abbott, who basically saved our country by blocking off the illegals!

Yay, Abbott!

Also, I wouldn't want the Congress to be without Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio. I've heard the latter can sometimes look kind of RINO-ish but he has a lot of interesting things to say and I can't say I have studied him (voting record) thoroughly. I don't have many doubts about Cruz, though
I’m not sure it would be good for any of them to be his VP though. So he is going to have to go through them one by one as they refuse until one lucky one forgot to refuse.

ANY pick would be better than Kamala Harris by a long shot. In this election with two geriatrics who the VP is becomes a relevant thing. Which of them do you want as president?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I’m not sure it would be good for any of them to be his VP though. So he is going to have to go through them one by one as they refuse until one lucky one forgot to refuse.

ANY pick would be better than Kamala Harris by a long shot. In this election with two geriatrics who the VP is becomes a relevant thing. Which of them do you want as president?
Ron DeSantis or Greg Abbott or maybe one of the non-Haley ones listed.

It would be good to have K Noem as vp because then a R would be the first female president, presumably.

But that is not sufficient reason to choose a female. I just like how Noem talks on the issues and the way she runs SD :)

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,249,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Ron DeSantis or Greg Abbott or maybe one of the non-Haley ones listed.
Haley acts like a war hawk. Hillary did too. So one ogf the non-Haley ones.
It would be good to have K Noem as vp because then a R would be the first female president, presumably.
That would be good.
But that is not sufficient reason to choose a female. I just like how Noem talks on the issues and the way she runs SD :)
But then it's South Dakota. How many electoral college votes? Got to be a big state like Texas or Florida, but also a state that the R guys might otherwise lose.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Haley acts like a war hawk. Hillary did too. So one ogf the non-Haley ones.

That would be good.

But then it's South Dakota. How many electoral college votes? Got to be a big state like Texas or Florida, but also a state that the R guys might otherwise lose.
well, maybe. But the first criteria is: Would this person be a (not only good but) GREAT president?

I think all the non-Haley people would be OK, maybe even great. I do wonder, though.. such things as this:

Who would take Abbott's place in TX if he were chosen? I guess the Lt Gov whom I believe is very Abbott like. But I still wouldn't want TX to lose Abbott (except that maybe I would since he'd be a great VP/president). I guess we will all have to wait and see

• Agree
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,249,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Whoever chose Rubio

WHY?
That would be me. He was my candidate for 2016 before Trump started winning primaries with the cynical assistance of the media. He, and Cruz, would have been good presidents. So would several of the 2016 field including Fiorina. But the media wanted Trump to run against Hillary and lose. So they propped him up before they cut him down. If it wasn't that Hillary was incompetent Trump would have lost.

Anyhow, I have a long respect for Rubio and I have seen no reason to rescind that. I was part of the Minnesota Republican Party that resisted as best we could the Trump nomination. The state caucuses went for Rubio with Cruz in second. Trump was way back. Trump lost caucus states generally. He won primary states.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
That would be me. He was my candidate for 2016 before Trump started winning primaries with the cynical assistance of the media. He, and Cruz, would have been good presidents. So would several of the 2016 field including Fiorina. But the media wanted Trump to run against Hillary and lose. So they propped him up before they cut him down. If it wasn't that Hillary was incompetent Trump would have lost.

Anyhow, I have a long respect for Rubio and I have seen no reason to rescind that. I was part of the Minnesota Republican Party that resisted as best we could the Trump nomination. The state caucuses went for Rubio with Cruz in second. Trump was way back. Trump lost caucus states generally. He won primary states.
I wanted Cruz, extremely disappointed when Trump became the nominee, but I now tend to see the wisdom in the people choosing him (electors). I've seen this kind of thing in my Church: the little people are the true Catholics, the ones who have the common sense and etc... and the everyday American... well, this is one thing.. I mean you know how it's human nature to not want to admit you were wrong? Well, I didn't want to admit that maybe the People were right about Trump and I was "wrong" or at least .. maybe not wrong but not as prescient or what have you. In any case, once Trump won and I saw what he was doing in theWH, I was totally behind him.

What I love about him is that he speaks the truth and couldn't care less if people like him or not. That is a rare quality in a politician.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In 2015/2016, I supported Ted Cruz over Donald Trump. I did vote for Trump in 2016 and 2020. In 2024, I believe Kristi Noem is my choice for VP. I would rather for Ted Cruz to continue to be a very strong conservative Senator in the great state of Texas.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
In 2015/2016, I supported Ted Cruz over Donald Trump. I did vote for Trump in 2016 and 2020. In 2024, I believe Kristi Noem is my choice for VP. I would rather for Ted Cruz to continue to be a very strong conservative Senator in the great state of Texas.
why do you choose Noem over someone like Greg Abbott?

Abbott is awesome because he defies the "king" in the White house

ditto DeSantis

They both couldn't care less what the lawless Regime thinks

:)

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I chose Noem over Abbott because not only is she a successful governor, but she also is a lot younger than Abbott. I have tons of respect for Governor Abbott and Governor DeSantis. However, I believe that the best place for DeSantis now is to remain Florida's governor. For VP, I like Noem over Abbott because she brings a new generation of leadership to the GOP.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I chose Noem over Abbott because not only is she a successful governor, but she also is a lot younger than Abbott. I have tons of respect for Governor Abbott and Governor DeSantis. However, I believe that the best place for DeSantis now is to remain Florida's governor. For VP, I like Noem over Abbott because she brings a new generation of leadership to the GOP.
no offense but I don't feel that alone should be the primary consideration when choosing someone who could easily become the next president.

We have to have as the criteria: Does the person do a good job of protecting Americans and the US Constitution

Upvote 0