✟83,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
3 Nephi 11
14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.

This is not right!

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
3 Nephi 11
14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.

This is not right!

Satan became the ruler of the earth with his demons when Adam sinned, and he thought if he could kill Christ, he still would be.

1 Corinthians 2:
6 Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; 7 but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; 8 the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory

Christ's death and resurrection redeemed us from the curse.

1 John 3:
8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
3 Nephi 11

This is not right!

Yeah the word "thrust" comes across all wrong when approaching the Savior's spear mark in person. Sounds rude and aggressive.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Satan became the ruler of the earth with his demons when Adam sinned, and he thought if he could kill Christ, he still would be.

1 Corinthians 2:
6 Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; 7 but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; 8 the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory

1 John 3:
8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

3 Nephi 11

This is not right!

God is still the GOD of this earth and always was---Satan became only the PRINCE of this world when A+E sinned. He still required permission from God for some things. He lost his title at the cross.
He never was god of this earth, he just wanted to be. Those who want what he did, will end up like he does.

Joh_12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Joh_16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Eph_2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Here's a Bible lesson for those who don't know.

1 Corinthians 4
1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; 2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. 3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

John 12
27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. 28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. 29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. 30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. 31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince* of this world be cast out.

*translated ruler in some versions.

John 14
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

John 16
5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? 6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
God is still the GOD of this earth and always was---Satan became only the PRINCE of this world when A+E sinned. He still required permission from God for some things. He lost his title at the cross.
He never was god of this earth, he just wanted to be. Those who want what he did, will end up like he does.

Joh_12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Eph_2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Okay, I can buy that. Probably ruler of this earth till the cross would have been more appropriate. "rulers of the powers of the air."

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

2 Corinthians 4:4 [Full Chapter]
They do not believe, because their minds have been kept in the dark by the evil god of this world. He keeps them from seeing the light shining on them, the light that comes from the Good News about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, I can buy that. Probably ruler of this earth till the cross would have been more appropriate. "rulers of the powers of the air."

Paul states that as true after the Resurrection.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

JOURNAL ARTICLE
A WALK WITH THE ACCUSER (WHO IS THE GOD OF THIS WORLD)
Caroline Gordon
The Transatlantic Review, No. 31 (Winter 1968-9), pp. 96-113

JOURNAL ARTICLE
Christ and the prince of this world in the Gospel and the Epistles of St. John
J. C. COETZEE
Neotestamentica, Vol. 2, THE CHRIST OF JOHN: ESSAYS ON THE CHRISTOLOGY OF THE FOURTH GOSPEL (1968), pp. 104-121

BOOK CHAPTER
“The God of This Age” (2 Cor 4:4) and Paul’s Empire-Resisting Gospel at Corinth (pp. 219-270)
Fredrick J. Long
Society of Biblical Literature (2016)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
JOURNAL ARTICLE
A WALK WITH THE ACCUSER (WHO IS THE GOD OF THIS WORLD)
Caroline Gordon
The Transatlantic Review, No. 31 (Winter 1968-9), pp. 96-113

JOURNAL ARTICLE
Christ and the prince of this world in the Gospel and the Epistles of St. John
J. C. COETZEE
Neotestamentica, Vol. 2, THE CHRIST OF JOHN: ESSAYS ON THE CHRISTOLOGY OF THE FOURTH GOSPEL (1968), pp. 104-121

BOOK CHAPTER
“The God of This Age” (2 Cor 4:4) and Paul’s Empire-Resisting Gospel at Corinth (pp. 219-270)
Fredrick J. Long
Society of Biblical Literature (2016)

A God needs no permission to do anything. Satan requires permission from God for what He does. He is a god of this world---a Prince---but not The God. He is called the prince of this world, repeatedly.

I will not give him the title he so longs for -- God---he is the prince, a tiny god of sorts, but never will he be GOD. GOD has not relinquished His title, and never will. And Jesus sits next to Him.

1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
1Pe 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him. 1Pe_3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Satan can not do what God will not allow him to.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
A God needs no permission to do anything. Satan requires permission from God for what He does.

Absolutely! When I pondered this passage, I was amazed that even demons/fallen angels need permission from God.

Look at 2 Chronicles 18:17-22
17 And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, “Did I not tell you he would not prophesy good concerning me, but evil?”

18 Then Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing on His right hand and His left. 19 And the Lord said, ‘Who will persuade Ahab king of Israel to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?’ So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner. 20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, and said, ‘I will persuade him.’ The Lord said to him, ‘In what way?’ 21 So he said, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And the Lord said, ‘You shall persuade him and also prevail; go out and do so.’ 22 Therefore look! The Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these prophets of yours, and the Lord has declared disaster against you.”

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

1 Corinthians 2:

1 John 3:
I can agree with all you and the scriptures say. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely! When I pondered this passage, I was amazed that even demons/fallen angels need permission from God.

Look at 2 Chronicles 18:17-22
17 And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, “Did I not tell you he would not prophesy good concerning me, but evil?”

18 Then Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing on His right hand and His left. 19 And the Lord said, ‘Who will persuade Ahab king of Israel to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?’ So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner. 20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, and said, ‘I will persuade him.’ The Lord said to him, ‘In what way?’ 21 So he said, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And the Lord said, ‘You shall persuade him and also prevail; go out and do so.’ 22 Therefore look! The Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these prophets of yours, and the Lord has declared disaster against you.”
Was the Lord sending a lying spirit to the false prophets?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes, God is in control - period. But not good angels, but fallen angels/demons.
I understood when you said,
"Yes, God is in control - period.

But did not understand when you said,
"But not good angels, but fallen angels/demons.

Please explain. Thanks.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I understood when you said,
"Yes, God is in control - period.

But did not understand when you said,
"But not good angels, but fallen angels/demons.

Please explain. Thanks.

Look at Job 1
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God (all angels created by God, both those who stayed true to God, and those who fell with Satan) came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.

Satan and his angels can only do what God allows them to do for His own purposes. Christians who are filled with God's Spirit are more powerful than Satan, himself, and can cast him out. We can also resist him, and he will flee.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Look at Job 1
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God (all angels created by God, both those who stayed true to God, and those who fell with Satan) came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.

Satan and his angels can only do what God allows them to do for His own purposes. Christians who are filled with God's Spirit are more powerful than Satan, himself, and can cast him out. We can also resist him, and he will flee.
I am not sure that the meeting of the sons of God included those angels that were cast out of heaven with satan, but I would not argue this point.

And I agree that satan is bound to do only that which God allows him to do.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I am not sure that the meeting of the sons of God included those angels that were cast out of heaven with satan, but I would not argue this point.

And I agree that satan is bound to do only that which God allows him to do.

I do believe that both good and bad angels were present. This is not the first place in Scripture where both were present, and this next passage also shows that even demons need permission.

2 Chronicles 18:

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Satan still rules those who haven't come to Christ. These verses were written after the resurrection:

Acts 26
15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

1 John 5
19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.