North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is what Christians believe. We don't have Satan in Buddhism.. bit we have an equivalent being/s called Mara.
If you can stand to listen, heart is a talk about the similarities and differences between Satan and Mara.
It might help you in preaching to Buddhists to have some of this understanding.
i am unable to preach to buddists, Jesus Christ came as light into the darkness, men preferred darkness, as their deeds were evil, that is the condemnation, have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok go to it instead of preaching to fellow Christians here.
you are fellow to each other in this as testified..

2 Peter 2:2
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the missing of the mark is to believe you are something less than God ...
Isaiah 14.13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Matthew 23:8
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Matthew 23:10
Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

2 Thessalonians 2.3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes ... Jesus being our example ...
i hope you are able to receive correction, because making such claims and not showing any scriptures for such statements, means the scriptures are now speaking themselves, and if they show very different to your ideas, you will be corrected.

firstly the scriptures informs us of the opposite way, than being equal with god, they show us to esteem even men better than ourselves.

this is the way to think for oth ers, when we believe they deserve better than us.

this is letting the mind of Christ to be in us, taking the position of a servant, as our lord and master Jesus Christ took on, humbling himself and becoming obedient to the death of the cross.

then we believe resulted in god highly exalting him, and giving him only, the only name above all others, which all knees bow to.

now we work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

Philippians 2.3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the missing of the mark is to believe you are something less than God ...
the people Jesus testified to believed they should be exalted up to heaven, it cant be much clearer, that, that is exactly how we find ourselves thrust down to hell.
you do see that Jesus is not saying for nothing how they were exalted even above sodom, even as peter shows the exalted angels were cast down also to hell, the cities of sodom condemned with an overthrow, making them an example to all who after live still ungodly. [ exalted, and not fearing god, feasting with you, feeding themselves without fear as jude also tells likewise.]

Isaiah 14:15

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Matthew 11:23
And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

2 Peter 2.4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

2 Peter 2.9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

2 Peter 2.13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

Jude 1:12
These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Upvote 0

Tellyontellyon

Jan 19, 2020
Wales
✟112,999.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
does anyone notice, there are not many people who agree with me, but agree with each other more. its a funny game subtleness, anyone want to avoid those games, or i should recognize when there is no one.
Perhaps it's because you expend a lot of effort in criticising others for pride, while insisting that you are right and practically everybody else is wrong.
Even if you are/were right, the way you are going about things is a bit ugly. You come across as grandiose.

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes and the fact a so called christian agrees with a buddist, instead of all the testifying scriptures i shared, is testimony to the secret blasphemy you people think you can spread in the lords holy name, you are well and truly known, found out and revealed, mock on while your day has not come just yet, but its getting closer and closer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you quote the agreement of the so called Christian.
Titus 3.9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Jesus is lord, but I think Hebrews 2:10-12 does confuse things.
there is no confusion in christ, christ was made perfect, after we go through the same sufferings we would be perfected, would be one, but those who lack faith and only exalt themselves are far from being one with christ...meek and lowly on a donkey.

Hebrews 2.10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You accused Christians. Can you quote some scriptures of who the accuser is, which you display frequently.
Titus 3.9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet here you are somewhat hypocritical.
what thanks you give for immediately answering your own doubts with my faith, to also doubt me also, and you call me hypocritical instead of yourself, who shared only doubts, plus showing you side with buddists, everyone can notice all of this.

1 Peter 3:16
Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟109,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was God become flesh (Jn 1:1, 14), we are not.

i see Jesus as my brother (as i do yours ) in every sense of the word .... we are all God in flesh ... to think/say otherwise is to be anti-Christ, which is to be an Adam .... we are not worms ( Job's reasoning of the son of man ) we are sons of God and partakers of the promise through Christ , wether we see this at this time or not is just part of a process of our individual walk in Him as Him ...

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and you call me hypocritical
My conscious is clean on discussion in this forum, but you are the one accusing by quoting Titus (even though we are not talking about the Law) to me and yet here you are not practicing what you preach. That to me is hypocritical, The accuser of the brethren!
you side with buddists
How where is the quote? For your information I am commanded to love Buddhists too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.