Status
Not open for further replies.

notofthisworld

Mar 6, 2004
✟166.00
Faith
Christian
this seems like a small question for a thread but can't figure where else i should post it. trying to find a verse and i cant. looked in my strongs under every word i could think might be in the verse. the verse says something about, and they shall call me father, or i desired they should call me father. i know that's pretty vague, but i'm sure it's in the old testament i thought it was in isaiah but i can't find it there. any help appreciated

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟575,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My first thought was:
Isa 9:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

A nice Christmas verse!

Upvote 0

notofthisworld

Mar 6, 2004
✟166.00
Faith
Christian
WesleyJohn. i think :blush: it's the one you've given me but for some strange reason it seems different to me. but in my searches that was what i came up with also. i guess i thought there was another one close to this one it seemed to me the verse said , and i desired that they would call me father. anyway thank you for your searching thank you ChrisB another great verse. i would appreciate anymore insight anyone might be able to give me on my confusion :blush: on this topic, not in general ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.