• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

UUUUUUUGggggg

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when my three oldest were little and i had a very very nice house. glass furniture and brass trimming on everything. i kept it so clean that no kid could leave a finger print. so clean, only stuffed animals were allowed left out on floor. so clean i even vaccumed twice a day.
i was always cleaning. now. you have seen my house now. sorta lived in but not dirty. filled with furniture (very cluttered to me). i had to give up. i had to realize that my heart and body could not keep up with all these kids God blessed me with. i started by doing the dishes once a day unless bad; then two times. dusting every other day. cleaning all that glass/ brass on the most visible only. vaccuming once a day... etc. eventually we started collecting stuff. the kids got older. the glass furniture had to go (the kids and it were scary)... anyway. make an effort to make small changes. somedays it will be easy, others more difficult. but, it works. small changes are like training yourself to slow down and except whatever it is you choose will be ok.
:hug:

Upvote 0

Daysoni

****See me, Hear me, Hold me.****
Jan 7, 2006
Tillamook
✟19,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
goldenviolet said:
when my three oldest were little and i had a very very nice house. glass furniture and brass trimming on everything. i kept it so clean that no kid could leave a finger print. so clean, only stuffed animals were allowed left out on floor. so clean i even vaccumed twice a day.
i was always cleaning. now. you have seen my house now. sorta lived in but not dirty. filled with furniture (very cluttered to me). i had to give up. i had to realize that my heart and body could not keep up with all these kids God blessed me with. i started by doing the dishes once a day unless bad; then two times. dusting every other day. cleaning all that glass/ brass on the most visible only. vaccuming once a day... etc. eventually we started collecting stuff. the kids got older. the glass furniture had to go (the kids and it were scary)... anyway. make an effort to make small changes. somedays it will be easy, others more difficult. but, it works. small changes are like training yourself to slow down and except whatever it is you choose will be ok.
:hug:
Thank you so much you always know what to say and always warm my heart

Upvote 0

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi Daysoni,

Good way to vent your frustration love, write it down. I don't know wether I did suggest it to you, but all the extra cleaning/checking you feelyou need to do, try this:-

If it regards numbers(having to do things a certain amount of times) every 2 weeks try and knock one number off the amount of times you feel you need to do it.

Im-revived:hug: :hug:
Daysoni said:
I just want to say that this is so time consuming.
I am getting worn out:mad:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.