WI
✟86,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

it was posted in the one of the Reddit orthodox subreddits. I’m not sure what to make of it. :/
Fearmongering. That is my thought on the video. The thumbnail looks like clickbait, with the nuclear explosion on it.

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Fearmongering. That is my thought on the video. The thumbnail looks like clickbait, with the nuclear explosion on it.
Yes, best to avoid such videos.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,184,269.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

it was posted in the one of the Reddit orthodox subreddits. I’m not sure what to make of it. :/
I'm not a fan of this guy. The fact that he has sacred images on his "common" clothing just rubs me the wrong way.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'm not a fan of this guy. The fact that he has sacred images on his "common" clothing just rubs me the wrong way.
That’s what I was thinking. Also how his channel is showing miracles like he’s looking for them? If I understand correctly we are not supposed to look for signs or wonders, correct?

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Wildflower3

Sep 24, 2019
Suburbs
✟9,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I used to watch Pete's channel a lot a couple years ago but had to stop because the subject matter was scaring me and stressing me out. He has some miracles on there that I found edifying and helpful. From my interactions with him and watching so many videos I found him to be very sweet and sincere and in no way looking for clicks. He really believes in what he is doing and wants to witness Eastern Orthodoxy as the ark of salvation and this is his platform to do it. I'm not 100% sold on the prophesies part and didn't find it very helpful but rather stressful, so I just stopped watching altogether. He posts the miracles to witness to the Saints of our church and to show it's alive and well. That's just my two cents after having spent time as an interacting viewer of his.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well, I'll put it this way: in the Bible, false prophets get stoned. Without that check, it seems people get loosey goosey about things.

I'm not convinced broadcasting miracles is actually a good idea either.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,184,269.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, I'll put it this way: in the Bible, false prophets get stoned.
Prophets who told the Israelites to go after other Gods got stoned. I don't see where false prophets got stoned.
I'm not convinced broadcasting miracles is actually a good idea either.
I feel the same way, depending on the miracle.

Reactions: Wildflower3
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've seen his videos, but I agree with others here. Also, I don't think sharing miracles to bring people in, to get people interested (at least that's how I feel) is what Orthodoxy is about. Miracles are simply what God does that is a regular part of Him, if you will. Mother (Saint now) Gavrilia said something along those lines. It's just what He does. In any case, if a person is only drawn to the Church because of the miracles, then I don't think that will sustain them and it's about a relationship with the Triune God.

Upvote 0