Earth
✟5,004.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now this is something that have bothered me alot ever since I became a christian, I've consumed a fair bit of christian content on youtube and been exposed to some extremes but also some channels with a fair bit of followers with constroversial messages that goes against the consensus lets say.

And there's a particular channel that I have in mind when I write this as I've noticed both mine and other critical, but respectful voices has been removed (hidden) by this ministry. I did notice this when I was following my own comments and others on other devices as I were generally interested in the feedback, that this channel were in fact removing critical voices from there. And most that remained was nodding heads and comments that were easily tackled.

Now the thing is I don't know how I should handle this stuff and I would like to give the comparison of a wicked preacher in church. You might say that you can always leave that church but I'm that person that would atleast challenge the preacher on the spot infront of everyone, not for my own sake but the brothers and sisters that feeds into that teaching before leaving.

How do you advice me to deal with these people? How should the body of christ deal with them?

Last edited:

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Make sure you are not somehow misunderstanding the person.

Make sure you are being humble.

And can you submit to God, in order to see what He has you doing? You do not want only a general rule about how to relate with different people, but to be personally guided by the Lord, and have an attitude that you are encouraging what is good.

And you might do well to talk with one person at a time. And see what each one feels and understands.

And talk personally with the person you disagree with. See if the person will take time to talk, and how the person relates with you. And be ready to be a good example to the person: how you are, how you relate.

About the YouTube issue > you can share your views here in Christian Forums, possibly, but we have rules.

And if you leave a comment and it is removed - - well, whoever removed it has had an opportunity to read it. So, make sure you share what can be used by God to do someone good.

Reactions: Michu
Upvote 0

Michu

Jan 21, 2024
Earth
✟5,004.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Make sure you are not somehow misunderstanding the person.

Make sure you are being humble.

And can you submit to God, in order to see what He has you doing? You do not want only a general rule about how to relate with different people, but to be personally guided by the Lord, and have an attitude that you are encouraging what is good.

And you might do well to talk with one person at a time. And see what each one feels and understands.

And talk personally with the person you disagree with. See if the person will take time to talk, and how the person relates with you. And be ready to be a good example to the person: how you are, how you relate.

About the YouTube issue > you can share your views here in Christian Forums, possibly, but we have rules.

And if you leave a comment and it is removed - - well, whoever removed it has had an opportunity to read it. So, make sure you share what can be used by God to do someone good.
I don't typically engage with content, I'm just listening but there were something about this that made me feel obliged to voice my concern because of the influence this channel have.

Kind of reminded me of myself when I was a teenager and I would dig in deep to understand the world and I would entertain conspiracies (alternative pictures) and share my findings with friends and family without the thought of what the effect of that would be on them. Now that was a dark painted world which most don't have an accurate picture of because it were pointing to deceit, and very much of that.

Now when you take it upon yourself to run a ministry I think with that comes accountabillity, you're now responsible for what you put out there for taking on the spiritual head, what you're pointing to. And in most cases I see christians holding themselves to that standard and if they are touching on controversy they make that very much known. I have no interest in silencing discussions touching on controversial topics, I actually encourage it. But the problem comes when you're taking a hard stance, you're now a controversial figure regardless if you're right or wrong.

I want to touch briefly on the influence because I think this is important to understand when it come to the channel I'm reacting to. It's a woman and she's about 30 years old and she has a passion for the Lord, like really. And this makes it even more complicated of how you should approach it.

She is an attractive woman and if you combine that with a passion for god, now guys know that is honey sweet and what type of effect she may have on some guys. I understood this but was actually taken by surprise of how much flattery of her there was in the comment section and I'm not sure how true this is but I heard she had to hide her email because guys were trying to build personal relations with her.

And this is just my sense as a guy when I were reading the comments, as you know if a guy likes a woman he gets smooth and sometimes overely agreeable. And my sense is that there was alot of that going on here. And if you think about it it's something players try to mimic to catch a babe, sometimes with a twist.

And I think it's super problematic actually for everyone who is attracted there by other reasons than The Word and what is being said. Not the least for her.

Through out times men have held other men accountable but we're now living in a time, post feminism, where women takes it upon themselves to be the spiritual head and I don't think it's being dealt with. Do we know how to deal with it, there's complex dynamics in play! Atleast in my opinion.

And I agree with you but I feel abit torn on how to approach this, I do think she should be pressed on the things she say and rabbit holes she pull people down in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michu

Jan 21, 2024
Earth
✟5,004.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are the flattering comments removed or maintained? As for her stance, she may be resting in her convictions and believe she's correct. If you feel otherwise pray for her and let the Lord move her heart if applicable.

~bella
I'm not sure actually I don't watch too much what's going on there now but she were posting a video yesterday which stired it up in me once again. Saying stuff like "Jesus was a black man, deal with it!" Emphasising the importance of apocrypha and lumping jews into the synagogue of satan. Alot is pretty wild to me.

I havn't seen her engage with the pure flattery, but I've seen plenty of it standing. I'm sure she believes what she's saying and she might have some points but you got to be responsible when you're having a big plattform like that.

I do pray for them.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now when you take it upon yourself to run a ministry I think with that comes accountabillity, you're now Through out times men have held other men accountable but we're now living in a time, post feminism, where women takes it upon themselves to be the spiritual head and I don't think it's being dealt with. Do we know how to deal with it, there's complex dynamics in play! Atleast in my opinion.

And I agree with you but I feel abit torn on how to approach this, I do think she should be pressed on the things she say and rabbit holes she pull people down in.
Have you read about how Abigail helped David? She understood being a servant, but she did very well how she put David in his place when he was wrong.

1 Samuel 25

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I havn't seen her engage with the pure flattery, but I've seen plenty of it standing. I'm sure she believes what she's saying and she might have some points but you got to be responsible when you're having a big plattform like that.

Why do you watch her content if it bothers you? There are better voices in that camp if you're interested.

~bella

Upvote 0

Michu

Jan 21, 2024
Earth
✟5,004.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you read about how Abigail helped David? She understood being a servant, but she did very well how she put David in his place when he was wrong.

1 Samuel 25
You know I dont mind the self reflecting stuff I really don't, but I recon that this fast became a matter of sex which really is a problem, kinda what I'm alluding to. How do we deal with these women preaching that the house is upside down with many thousands of followers, by silence?

Maybe there should be a challenging somewhere, that someone is put in place like in that verse.

She's down a rabbit hole and she's blind by the darkness (edit: I mean that she doesn't know where she points to, I was abit fast letting it flow :grin:) by her own accord, yet she is speaking with conviction like she has the eyes of an eagle and pulling all her followers with her, that actually bothers me.

Why do you watch her content if it bothers you? There are better voices in that camp if you're interested.

~bella
Because I'm aware what's going on there. If this were Bob 65 it would practically be the family table +1, that's my assessment. She has a far wider reach being controversial. And in fact I'm curious how christians think we should deal with controversial women preaching stuff like this, because I don't see christianity being up with times of tech.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do we deal with these women preaching that the house is upside down with many thousands of followers, by silence?
Well, if you aren't silent in a large audience, possibly you will find out very quickly how many plainclothes body guards are in the place.

What is one example of something she says that you find to be a problem?
pulling all her followers with her, that actually bothers me.
They could be following her, or not. Being there is not necessarily following . . .

Upvote 0

Michu

Jan 21, 2024
Earth
✟5,004.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is one example of something she says that you find to be a problem?
Well the recent thing would be that she have tried to convince people is that the real hebrews are negroids orginated from somewhere on african west coast, and that Jesus is a black man. And these were the people who were taken as slaves to the americas and elsewhere.
They could be following her, or not. Being there is not necessarily following . . .
OK, so we should just assume that I guess. I get it I'm the one looking for advice so I should start to second guess myself, thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well the recent thing would be that she have tried to convince people is that the real hebrews are negroids orginated from somewhere on african west coast, and that Jesus is a black man. And these were the people who were taken as slaves to the americas and elsewhere.
That's not some new thing, I think.

What matters is, if it were true, therefore what are we supposed to do about it?

That could be interesting. What does she say you are supposed to do if that were true?

For me, I simply keep doing what God has me do. And pray with care about everybody, since God is all-loving.
OK, so we should just assume that I guess. I get it I'm the one looking for advice so I should start to second guess myself, thanks for the feedback.
Well, we shouldn't overdo the second-guessing. But we do have >

"Test all things; hold fast what is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

• Winner
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Michu

Jan 21, 2024
Earth
✟5,004.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not some new thing, I think.
No you have the so called black hebrews in america, go ahead and listen to them directly if you want or look into their claims or people refuting those claims.
What matters is, if it were true, therefore what are we supposed to do about it?
It's controversial to say that's so, it's actually very reckless for someone leading a large ministry to pull people astray like this. I would respect it if she had done the research first and not being so sure of herself.

I don't get how you can be so casual about it actually, but with your eyes is no biggie.
That could be interesting. What does she say you are supposed to do if that were true?
Are you entertained? I'm not so much, it's big claims which she lack evidence of and just a fraction of what she's preaching really. Do you want the name of the channel so you can follow along? Could PM you the channel name.
For me, I simply keep doing what God has me do. And pray with care about everybody, since God is all-loving.
Well, we shouldn't overdo the second-guessing. But we do have >

"Test all things; hold fast what is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21)
Let me know if you start to believe in the black Jesus alright, if it's good. God bless!

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't get how you can be so casual about it actually, but with your eyes is no biggie.
What matters is how Jesus is in His character, not the color of His skin.

So, if she supposes Jesus was black, therefore what?

To me, color of skin does not matter. So, a person saying that does not keep my attention. I need to be changed by God into the character of Jesus so we are ready to share eternity with Him. So, this is what needs my attention, especially. Color of skin can't decide how God changes us to be and to love like Jesus.

• Agree
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because I'm aware what's going on there. If this were Bob 65 it would practically be the family table +1, that's my assessment. She has a far wider reach being controversial. And in fact I'm curious how christians think we should deal with controversial women preaching stuff like this, because I don't see christianity being up with times of tech.

Most voices in that camp are male and hail from different nationalities. I don't typically touch this subject for several reasons. But I may weigh in if I feel led to do so.

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, this is the Christian advice place; so - - -

Most of all see how we become because of Jesus living in us.

I would note > I have not become black or Jewish.

But I find I am becoming able to love any and all people. Jesus is all-loving, not at all conceited, even though He is superior to all people of all groups: Jesus loves people of all groups.

I would be careful not to let anti-Jewish people trick us into thinking Jesus was black. One motive behind the black Jesus thing could be in order to discredit Jews as the God-chosen owners of the Promised Land.

There is a report, also, claiming the Holocaust did not happen. So, there are people with anti-Jewish reasons behind what they claim.

But I was not there, and history can be rigged however, I suppose. But the real Jesus in us can have us becoming God's way. God can make us become gentle and humble, loving any and all people, while sharing with our Father and doing what He has us doing >

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

Reactions: Michu
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would look at the issue from several angles if I was in your shoes.

The statement doesn't alter who God is, what He did or Christ's sacrifice. That would be my foundation. It's irrefutable.

In respect to the statement, I would pose several questions @com7fy8 mentioned one. But that wouldn't be my starting point. The first question I'd ask is why now? Why has this topic gained a following? And who does it affect? Whether it's true or not.

Then I'd follow with another. Who benefits and who is harmed?

And I'd ask what the enemy gains?

Once I answered those I'd address the one @com7fy8 shared.

If the Lord is behind it -- and I'm not saying He's with the individual -- the hidden things will be made plain. The truth will come out. If it's devils work you'll know in time.

The biggest loser in all of this is the institution. Not the temples of the living God. It will only topple the temple if you've put your trust in that and not Him. Only God is infallible. Man is capable of unspeakable sins. Nothing should surprise us. The world is evil.

So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, will be like a wise man [a far-sighted, practical, and sensible man] who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.

We needn't wonder how to respond. He already told us.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor (fellow man) and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love [that is, unselfishly seek the best or higher good for] your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may [show yourselves to] be the children of your Father who is in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on those who are evil and on those who are good, and makes the rain fall on the righteous [those who are morally upright] and the unrighteous [the unrepentant, those who oppose Him].

If the problem is genuine He's already solved it. There's nothing to worry about. Stay on the narrow path.

~bella

Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

Michu

Jan 21, 2024
Earth
✟5,004.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What matters is how Jesus is in His character, not the color of His skin.
Neither to me.
So, if she supposes Jesus was black, therefore what?
She might get there at some point, or shall I say them because she's pulling people down the rabbit hole with her. Irresponsible and odd focus imo.

I feel you guys missing the point here, thanks for the feedback though, I'm out from this.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel you guys missing the point here, thanks for the feedback though, I'm out from this.

We're not missing the point. We're not upset or up in arms.

If you want to be enlightened look up the thread on the Covington scandal and read the comments. Look at the things people said they'd do to those children. Only to discover they were innocent all along.

That's where those questions came from. When you live in a world with puppet masters you have to ask who's pulling the strings. You can't react to everything you hear. You have to do your homework.

~bella

Upvote 0

Michu

Jan 21, 2024
Earth
✟5,004.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're not missing the point. We're not upset or up in arms.

If you want to be enlightened look up the thread on the Covington scandal and read the comments. Look at the things people said they'd do to those children. Only to discover they were innocent all along.

That's where those questions came from. When you live in a world with puppet masters you have to ask who's pulling the strings. You can't react to everything you hear. You have to do your homework.

~bella
It's ok bella, I feel differently about it.

Actually saw another video the other day of a brother doing interviews outside a church and he was interviewing two christian girls and gave a few pressing topics in his opinion and had them guess what the church leaders were discussing in there. (he came there to protest what the church had their focus on)

Whether the church should bless gay marriages or not. To that they responded, "oh ok, that's another important topic" the brother didn't know how to respond to that, he was completely dumbfounded and this brother is knowledgeable, he is used to debate. And he could very well handed it to them but something were holding him back, he went about it from the angle that you would do to someone with far lesser knowledge, like a child. It was amazing to see how he wasn't prepared to deal with that answer.

If these two girls were guys, he would have challenged them on that spot, trust me. :D But I actually do resonate with it, I can't see myself speaking the same way to a sister as I would to a brother if I would see them being at wrong. I do think most guys resonate with that and that we can be rather blunt with one another. I do truly believe there's a reason why women can't be pastors in most churches, the old order.

But running a ministry on youtube is not that far distant from being a pastor, the role of a shepherd. Except you're answering to nobody unless you want to or feel the need to.

Thanks for the feedback though, god bless!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0