That Awkward Moment Thread

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟245,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is a thread for us to poke fun at ourselves by posting our 'that awkward moment'

I'll start.

That awkward moment when someone waves at you, and you wave back only to realize they were waving at the person behind you.

That awkward moment when forget to type the 'f' in 'shift'...

T

TraciDee

That awkward moment when someone waves at you, and you wave back only to realize they were waving at the person behind you.
^
I do this all the time.

That awkward moment when you thank someone for a compliment and it turns out they were referring to the person standing next to you.

That awkward moment when you're in a quiet place (such as Church) and you start to have a giggle or coughing fit. Suppressing either only makes it worse.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟245,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
^

That awkward moment when you thank someone for a compliment and it turns out they were referring to the person standing next to you.

That awkward moment when you're in a quiet place (such as Church) and you start to have a giggle or coughing fit. Suppressing either only makes it worse.

Oh, gosh! That is just so awkward.

Oh, been there. Been there lots of times....

That awkward moment when at church, during prayer, the person sitting behind you decides to let loose the loudest fart imaginable, and everyone in the whole church turns to look at *you*.

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Hmmm.
I haven't had any for a long time and I can't think of them.
I guess the only one I can think of is when there are cultural differences, and they do normal things that end up being very akward.
You're stuck wondering what to think.

Upvote 0

anewman1993

Aug 17, 2014
✟19,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That awkward moment.Well, I had a pretty awkward one the other night. Went in for my first kiss with this girl, and man she REALLY wanted to kiss and like, attacked my face, me, never having kissed at all before stood there dumbfounded and at some point my lips made it over her nose.......... talk about awkward.

Upvote 0

JackofSpades

Väinämöinen
May 10, 2014
✟1,792.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That awkward moment when you're in a store or at town with buddy and you explain something in detail only to realize that he has stopped to look at something while ago and you're talking to yourself. Note: This moment is kinda ruined nowadays when everyone has cellphone so people assume youre talking in phone.

Upvote 0

The Outlier

Apr 20, 2011
Shelby County, OH
✟16,698.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That awkward moment when you're in a store or at town with buddy and you explain something in detail only to realize that he has stopped to look at something while ago and you're talking to yourself. Note: This moment is kinda ruined nowadays when everyone has cellphone so people assume youre talking in phone.

Back before blue tooths if you were talking to yourself people took you away. Now its normal. It sure beats an asylum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

TraciDee

I worked a short stint as a receiving manager a little while back and everyday part of my job was unloading our merchandise off the trucks. So the trucks pull up, the driver helps you a bit and you chat, he pulls away, so on.

When I was pretty new I was having a conversation with the UPS guy and it was kind of weird. He was talking about the game, making weird jokes, I wasn't all too sure what he was talking about. I'd chime in when I could or politely laugh/agree, but I was pretty confused by the whole thing. That is until he asked his friend on his Bluetooth to hold on a minute so he could ask me what I was saying.

That awkward moment when...

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟245,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I worked a short stint as a receiving manager a little while back and everyday part of my job was unloading our merchandise off the trucks. So the trucks pull up, the driver helps you a bit and you chat, he pulls away, so on.

When I was pretty new I was having a conversation with the UPS guy and it was kind of weird. He was talking about the game, making weird jokes, I wasn't all too sure what he was talking about. I'd chime in when I could or politely laugh/agree, but I was pretty confused by the whole thing. That is until he asked his friend on his Bluetooth to hold on a minute so he could ask me what I was saying.

That awkward moment when...

Oh. Man....

That awkward moment when you open your moth to say hi, and immediately start coughing.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟245,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That awkward moment when you realize you were trying to chat up some girl while dissecting an insect...

Sorry, couldnt resist. :D

:p:p:p

That awkward moment where it's your first day to work at a real job, and you leave your time card with your wallet on your desk, so you won't forget it, and then you leave both it, and your wallet at home. And you realize this after you meet your supervisor for the first time. And your house is about a two hour drive away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟245,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That awkward moment when... Someone asks your friend (who is 4 years younger than you) if you're her daughter. :ahah:

Hahahaha... awkward...

That awkward moment when you're in a very confined space, trying to take a desk apart, and the boss cuts one beneath it... Followed by that really awkward moment when he does it again....

Upvote 0

JackofSpades

Väinämöinen
May 10, 2014
✟1,792.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

:D

I've had similar moment with my boss, she sat in another room so we often had to shout at each others for asking stuff etc. And one time she is speaking in phone loudly so I thought she is speaking to me, and kept answering until it became apparent our conversation isn't making sense.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you open a blue car door and your car is red. Yes, I sold that car 5 years ago.
Awkward.

When you almost step into a car, thinking it's your brother who picks you up, but it's a total stranger.

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
When you almost step into a car, thinking it's your brother who picks you up, but it's a total stranger.
Or when you step into somebodies else s truck thinking it's your Dads and a lady laughs at you hysterically whilst you're delirious from cold meds

Upvote 0