Taking Charge of Your Fertility

Have you read...."Taking Charge of Your Fertility?"

• Yes, LOVED IT...very helpful!

• Yes, it was okay!

• Yes, but...

• No, I have never heard of it but am interested in knowing more.

• No, but I've heard of it.

• No, and I don't really care to either.

• No, but I may read it.

• No, but...

Results are only viewable after voting.

SweetBella

Legend
Aug 20, 2005
✟43,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
***I bought this book a few months ago but haven't read it yet... has anyone read it that has PCOS?

Taking Charge of Your Fertility
By Toni Weschler, MPH

Have you read this?
What did you think of it?

*Also, someone recomended this book to me before...
but I don't remember who (sorry:sorry: )...
can you let me know who you are.... thank you!

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No I haven't read it, but that;s just because I have not been to Boarders to pick it up either.

I've had several people recommend it- my best friend back home got pregnant the first month following it (and as did one other friend). She swears by it :)

Upvote 0

DivineFiliation

Dyslexics of the world untie!
Mar 29, 2004
✟4,208.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes but.......

I had already read a pretty thick book on NFP (natural family planning) using the Creighton model and it had much of the same information. She had a little bit more but when you have certain fertility problems, I think you can throw all of those books out the window anyway.

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The one issue I had with this book (apart from it being SO big!) is that she was VERY negative towards medical intervention and the like.

A more balanced approach would have been better for my situation. It doesn't help to be told that 'natural is ALWAYS the better option, and the doctors are uneducated blimps' - when you have had to rely on medical intervention for a lot of things.

Just be careful of her one-sided bias, is all I'd say! :)

Sasch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

unsurekk

Feb 21, 2007
✟7,614.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, if you had asked me months ago I would have said I loved this book. Very informative. But I find myself after 5 (soon to be six unless this month is different) months of TTC realizing that I cannot take charge of my fertility. I thought I could, hence reading the book. I had always thought that conceiving was a simple matter of timing and if you figured that out it would be easy and fairly predictable. I charted for about 9 months, the last three months of which were months we were actively TTC using all the "tricks in the book". We've tried everything and it just hasn't happened. So I stopped charting although once you do it for that long you know your cycle in and out and you can't help but keep track in your mind anyway. I know when I ovulate... nothing seems to be outwardly wrong... but you never know, and I guess that's my point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums