If you ever think that the judicial system usually gets things "right" check out the OJ Simpson case

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟52,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it strange to use the OJ trial as an example of the unreliability of the justice system. Part of why the case is so famous is because of how much of an outlier it is.
It's famous because of Simpson. A jury of our peers is simply that: they are not all-knowing. It still begs the question if not that, then what?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump ain't a dictator and he won't turn against the American people.
I hate to say it but the left-wing media has brainwashed them into thinking that way. When I read the left media they mostly post Trump with a mad face and right wing media posts Biden at his worst. manipulation

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟955,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If the prosecution hadn't made the error of trying to make him try on the glove, and if they hadn't gotten stuck with one of the investigators having some pretty credible accusations of both racism and perjury, I think they probably would've gotten a conviction.

They were never going to get it. From the moment they arrested him it was over. He was going to hire the best and the case would be infamous. When they moved the venue the end was evident. Perhaps less so for some. We'd witnessed Rodney a few years before and several films have attested to the LAPD's racism. It wasn't a secret.

If it was tried in our current time he'd probably walk. But I don't think you'd have the same outcry nor would the narrative they presented about his wife hold true. Men have been burned and no longer have the ideals they had about women during that period. The Depp case is a good example. Most men supported him. The notion of duplicity is less difficult to fathom. Women can be treacherous and they know it.

~bella

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
You haven't yet seen the light. Mishandling the pandemic. Endangering our planet through not signing the Paris Accord. Running higher deficits than Biden or Obama due to irresponsible tax cuts to the rich. Abandoning our allies to hobnob with brutal dictators. Trying to overturn the election and inciting violence. And more.
As Peter, Paul and Mary said, when will.they ever learn?
you work for cnn, don't you?

:rolleyes:

sued for LYING

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I find it strange to use the OJ trial as an example of the unreliability of the justice system. Part of why the case is so famous is because of how much of an outlier it is.
I have a personal story in which the law was totally disregarded and a false decision was made.

But I am not telling my private business here. Suffice it to say that I know all about how juries and judges are swayed by... things other than the law... emotions, prejudices...

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,491,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have read many book about the Simpson murder trial. True, that was years ago so maybe I am not going to remember a lot of what I read but I read the book written by Marcia Clark, prosecutor, and also the one by Darden, fellow prosecutor and then I read others I can't recall the authors of.

So yeh, I have read up on the evidence and .. long story short:

That dude did it in my pov.

I mean, I would just simply say He did it, but since he wasn't convicted, I probably shouldn't put it that way.

So yeh... you get a bunch of bad jurors (they were mostly Black. How did that happen?) and you're not going to get justice...

So, all you who think that the Steal is unreal... or maybe you think that Trump is obviously guilty though not convicted yet...

maybe you should consider that there is DEEP division, politically, in our world and that all judges cannot be trusted to do the right thing. All a judge has to do is show his prejudice against a defendant by ruling against him (his lawyers in the courtroom) more than he or she does the prosecution and

voila..... the jury gets the message and often acts accordingly. After all, the judge has clout; people respect judges...
Simpson was a wealthy celebrity. His trial is not an example of how the judicial system "usually" does anything.

And now he's dead.

Upvote 0