Supernatural evidence (Gifts, Holy Spirit Speaking to you, demons, etc)

Justin D

Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
✟22,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe when using the exact word of God is the proper way to discern a spirit. Every spirit that confesses not that"Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" is not of God: but is that spirit of antichrist... I have had to use it alot cause I had stuff saying it was Jesus talking to me but would not say this.
Blessings in Christ Jesus! The king James version of the test(wording) actually is not correct. The correct is how you were given it, past tense, not present tense. In other words, "Jesus is come in the flesh" is not correct, where as, "Jesus has come in the flesh" is correct. Demons can not(will not) admit to this, because then, if they admit He was here(past tense) then they would have to admit that "It is Finished" Because of the cross. There is also one coming who will try to change times and seasons(from Daniel) and by this he will fool many.But not the elect.

Reactions: Gary987
Upvote 0

Gary987

Grace to Keep Pace
Jun 3, 2021
Boston
✟10,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have been casting demons out of believers for over 40 years and have never resorted to using that scripture as a test. Surely good spiritual discernment from the Holy Spirit should be sufficient without interrogating demons who lie as the norm.

I presume this scripture is where you base your methodology.-
1Jn4v1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses Jesus Christ having come in the flesh is of God, 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not of God, and this is that of the antichrist, which you heard that is coming, and now is already in the world.
I accept the plain language of the above verses seem to agree with you, but the words are then contradicted by other scriptures.
In other words, when you read the gospels, many times demons came out confessing Jesus was the Christ.

Here's the devil confessing that Christ was come in the flesh.-
Lk4v3The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”

Here's a demon confessing it.-
Lk4v33In the synagogue there was a man possessed by a demon, an impure spirit. He cried out at the top of his voice, 34“Go away! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

Again, even more confessions.-
Lk4v41Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Messiah.

They knew he was the Messiah, or Christ, and kept shouting it out, all which on the surface seems to contradict the common interpretation of 1Jn4v1.

I think somewhere along the way, we all misunderstand the purpose of 1Jn4.[/QUOTE

none of the scriptures you quoted had a demon confessing Jesus came in the flesh and died on a cross for our sins and resurrected on the third day to sit at the right hand of the father.

They knew he was Jesus. And said as much. But they didn’t know their plot to destroy his mission was going to be exactly how he would destroy their power and structure.

Upvote 0

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟51,032.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IMG_20220925_183905.jpg
I saw the Holy Spirit in the form of doves spreading golden rays
And did not speak but showed me his own form

Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever experienced anything supernatural? Has the Holy Spirit ever spoken to you? Do you have a spiritual gift? Have you experienced demons or deliverance of any kind?

If you have anything you'd like to share, I'd like to hear your testimony. God Bless!

after i was born again after a space of time least a year i believe i found a Bible that had pagan symbols on it (the Bible was old and from Britian) i obtained it and that night there were like men (i can discribe no detail other then the pressence of evil and the outlines of men) i rebuked them and told them i belong to Christ and by His name begone they fled screaming they will be back they will get me however they fled and did not turn back... my life got very dark and painful for many years a wicked woman attached herself to me ande being with her before i was born again i felt obligated to stay ...at the end one night i was outside praying "please soften her heart so she will come to God or give me a way to escapse please" that night she told me it was over and the Lord has done nothing but hold me above water and bless me since!

Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
after i was born again after a space of time least a year i believe i found a Bible that had pagan symbols on it (the Bible was old and from Britian) i obtained it and that night there were like men (i can discribe no detail other then the pressence of evil and the outlines of men) i rebuked them and told them i belong to Christ and by His name begone they fled screaming they will be back they will get me however they fled and did not turn back... my life got very dark and painful for many years a wicked woman attached herself to me ande being with her before i was born again i felt obligated to stay ...at the end one night i was outside praying "please soften her heart so she will come to God or give me a way to escapse please" that night she told me it was over and the Lord has done nothing but hold me above water and bless me since!
if any wondering thankfully the pagan symbols were able to be removed and destroyed WITHOUT harming ANY Scripture :D

Upvote 0