Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. It feels like you're standing up... and you're on ice and you slip forward. Seems to happen right when I'm about to fall asleep or first start sleeping. Happens probably once every few years.
I have never had that happen. Never heard of it! Have you researched it?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have never had that happen. Never heard of it! Have you researched it?

According to Google what I experienced is probably sleep myoclonus. Apparently, it happens during sleep transitions.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to Google what I experienced is probably sleep myoclonus. Apparently, it happens during sleep transitions.
I’ll have to look that up. I have never heard of feeling like you are slipping on ice.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’ll have to look that up. I have never heard of feeling like you are slipping on ice.

Some people report feeling like they're falling down a mountain, lol.

I have had some painful slips on ice before... so it's probably where my brain goes to register the situation.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,252,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Does any occasionally get the sensation that they're slipping on ice as they are trying to fall asleep? I hate that. I guess I consider myself fortunate that I've never imagined a demon or an evil presence was watching over me.
I have had this happen. I'll have a micro-dream that I'm walking and my feet go out from under me, followed by the sensation of falling and it wakes me up with a start.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Kind of inline with strange occurrence.

I am living in my dads and moms home (as both have passed away) and i have not brothers or sisters. anyway i say that to say this, on the outside of the house dad years ago had motion light installed one under the carport and two others on the corner of the houses eve. So these lights have not worked for several years and i had not taken time to see why.

But i had a friend over about 2 weeks ago and we got to talking about these lights and i told him they were not cutting on. He suggested to try and clean the area where the motion is detected, but i have been busy with work and did not do anything to the lights.

So last week (tuesday) i came home from work (school) and walked to the door to go into the house and the lights cut on. It was a cloudy day so there was not a lot of light outside and the one on the front corner eve did not cut off. The light under the carport did cut off.

So that my strange occurrence from last week.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟247,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sleep is a state in which the spirit is often much more active. Given the materialistic nature of our culture, we tend to be "all thumbs" when it comes to the phenomena described in this thread. Less materialistic cultures have more robust explanations, which often have to do with spiritual faculties. For example, it is possible that the auditory hypnagogic image you received was caused by your mother calling out for help in a dream, either physically or spiritually. It is remarkably difficult for the unexperienced to discern the difference between a physical locution and a spiritual locution. These experiences happen more often than we think. Usually when we receive a spiritual locution we hear it as a physical locution and react or respond accordingly. A misunderstanding will ensue where the person who "spoke" will profess that they said nothing at all, both parties will scratch their heads, and then they will go their separate ways. The event is immediately written off and forgotten.

Upvote 0