San Diego ‘throuple’ lays the groundwork for legalised polyamory

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟818,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It's sad that people just dismiss the need for a mother AND father. I read an article about two men who had a baby via surrogate. The baby started calling the maid "Mommy". Just broke my heart.
It's all about getting what they want and not thinking of the consequences of how it will effect others.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
It's sad that people just dismiss the need for a mother AND father. I read an article about two men who had a baby via surrogate. The baby started calling the maid "Mommy". Just broke my heart.
It's all about getting what they want and not thinking of the consequences of how it will effect others.
What was this article? I ask because it sounds like the typical propaganda hate groups put out

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟818,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What was this article? I ask because it sounds like the typical propaganda hate groups put out
You don't think it's possible that a child would want a mother and a father? In another case, the first thing Paris Jackson did when Michael died was to seek out her mother. Children have a strong need to have both parents. Every child (now adult) I know who didn't have both parents in their lives felt that loss in a very painful way.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟818,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Article I was referring to:
Jeff Lewis Is "Panicked" After Daughter Monroe Calls Her Nanny "Mom"
I can't link the article because it has reference to a swear word in it. Jeff Lewis used to be a star of a "Flip this House" type of show. His daughter started calling the nanny "Mom" on a regular basis and Jeff was upset about that. I think the whole situation is just sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
You don't think it's possible that a child would want a mother and a father? In another case, the first thing Paris Jackson did when Michael died was to seek out her mother. Children have a strong need to have both parents. Every child (now adult) I know who didn't have both parents in their lives felt that loss in a very painful way.
I think you are referring to Paris and Michael jr.'s grandmother refusing visitation with their mother.

You didn't answer my question about the source of the story in post #43

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟818,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I think you are referring to Paris and Michael jr.'s grandmother refusing visitation with their mother.

You didn't answer my question about the source of the story in post #43
Re-read post #50.
And referring to Paris (with her mom):
OIP.ImDffZaY3o7lGQluW5F8gAEiDX

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Article I was referring to:
Jeff Lewis Is "Panicked" After Daughter Monroe Calls Her Nanny "Mom"
I can't link the article because it has reference to a swear word in it. Jeff Lewis used to be a star of a "Flip this House" type of show. His daughter started calling the nanny "Mom" on a regular basis and Jeff was upset about that. I think the whole situation is just sad.
He also got advice from a therapist on just how thousands of other people deal with the same situation.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟296,080.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
what is being disagreed about?
The idea that a homosexual throuple is a good thing.

But your tactic in every thread I see is to not argue from a theological position, but a purely progressive political ideology. What is your theological justification for this sort of relationship being blessed by God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟875,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I still think all the judgments are premature. This is all so new. We won't know the outcome until we have one.

Give it 30 years, look at the data (which I'm sure is being gathered), and then we'll have a better sense.

In the spirit of Gamaliel, if it's good it will show itself to be. If not, then it won't. Front loading the judgment is unhelpful at best.

Chances are, good children will come from rotten homes, and rotten children from good ones, as it has always been.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For the first time, birth certificates carry the names of three fathers and no mother

The polyamory world is abuzz with excitement. Next Tuesday sees the release of Three Dads and a Baby, a memoir about three gay guys in San Diego decided to begin a family.

Dr Ian Jenkins, a doctor and the author, Jeremy Hodges, a zoo-keeper, and Dr Alan Mayfield, a psychiatrist, regard themselves as just your average, ordinary throuple. They have two children, daughter Piper, aged 3, and son Parker, aged 1.

“The fact that Piper has three parents is just not a big deal. I have three parents myself — my mother, father and stepmother — and no one thinks anything of it,” Jenkins writes in his book. “Some people seem to think it’s about a ton of sex or something, or we’re unstable and must do crazy things. [But] it’s really remarkably ordinary and domestic in our house and definitely not ‘Tiger King,’” (the sordid documentary series on Netflix about Joe Exotic’s gay throuple).

Continued below.
San Diego 'throuple' lays the groundwork for legalised polyamory » MercatorNet
I’m very sorry for the child. Their birth certificate will always be known to be obviously false. Three men cannot produce a child and everyone knows that. If they don’t experience the humiliation of officials laughing out loud when they hand it over, they’ll be lucky.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That child might well face other difficulties in life as a result of this “triumphant” change. If they never leave home all might be well. But if they want to go to a different country and live they better plan on not marrying or adapting any new legal or professional status that requires a birth certificate. The US might be so cruel as to lie on their official birth certificates but other nations are no so stupid as to just accept three men can procreate. Some places even require the birth information of your parents. And this includes getting professional degrees acknowledged. That child is locked into the US for life. Cruel selfishness!

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟233,600.00
Faith
Christian
I’m very sorry for the child. There was a mother but this information will be forever withheld from that child because of three very selfish men. Can any of us imagine being told their “fathers” permanently erased the ability to know who the woman was who carried you? If doctors NEED to know the medical information from your biological mother one day, they cannot, only to the detriment of that patient. Selfish!!!!

Agree. Some serious and troubling ethical issues that are being overlooked in the whole rush to please a group of adults.

There should never be a case where children are denied the knowledge of who their birth parents are.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agree. Some serious and troubling ethical issues that are being overlooked in the whole rush to please a group of adults.

There should never be a case where children are denied the knowledge of who their birth parents are.
That poor child’s future possibilities and well-being are now limited.

Reactions: Lion IRC
Upvote 0