Running Cover For Biden’s Senility Is The Umpteenth Example Of How Media Interfere In Elections

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟491,712.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I got no peoblem with it.

But it won't matter cause..
*There will be a problem with the test
*We can't trust his doctor (look how long it took him)
*Well I know what I saw
*Deep state.....

He wore a tan suit and used the wrong type of mustard.

Oh wait, no, those were the excuses about the last guy.

It feels like Obama birth certificate all over again.
Yep, that one.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟491,712.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why not? How long has his doctor been his doctor? I imagine he has probably known his doctor for quite a long time.

Oh. Is this... [sshhhhhhhhhhh]...a conspiracy?
Biden's mental decline is such an obvious fact that apparently there need to be hypotheticals manufactured about the hypotheticals to keep the far right / Russia Today spin going.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟377,261.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You
Does it really? I mean, almost NO ONE believed that there was any problem with Obama's birth certificate at any point, and after it was made public, all but the most fringe groups accepted it without question.
Well, 25% is less but it's NOT "no one"

In this case, fully 75% of voters, including 50% of Democrat voters, are concerned with Biden's mental state. Not quite the same thing.
What is the same is that i am very skeptical certain segments of people would be swayed.

Not saying that's a reason not to test.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So let's talk about the "it's nobody's business" nonsense.

Please take a few minutes to read this latest report from Biden's doctor:

Generally speaking, medical information, including mental health, is private information. There are laws to protect your medical privacy. However, as the report above illustrates, the rules are quite different with public figures, and especially the President of the United States.

If you take the time to read that report, you'll learn that Biden had a skin lesion removed from his chest that was basal cell carcinoma. You'll learn that he has obstructive sleep apnea and now requires a CPAP machine while sleeping. You'll learn that he had a dental urgency and root canal last June. You'll learn that he has non-valvular atrial fibrillation that is stable. You'll learn that Biden takes Eliquis for standard anticoagulation. You'll learn that he has hyperlipidemia, which he takes Crestor for, which is stable. You will learn his total cholesterol level. You will learn that he has gastroesophageal reflux, for which he takes Pepcid and Nexium. You'll learn that he has seasonal allergies for which he takes Dymista and Allegra. You'll learn that after an X-ray they determined that Biden's stiff gait is a result of degenerative osteoarthritic changes of his spine. You'll learn that he has no cerebellar or other central neurological disorder. You'll learn that he has excellent fine motor dexterity. You'll learn that there was finding of peripheral neuropathy in both of his feet. You'll learn that he undergoes regular physical therapy and what that entails. You'll learn that Biden is not diabetic. You'll learn that his thyroid is functioning normally. You'll learn that he had an ey exam. You'll learn that he went to the dentist and had to have a root canal. You'll learn that he's been happily married for 46 years and does not use tobacco or alcohol and that he works out five days per week. You'll learn that he's 72 inches tall, weighs 178 LB and has a BMI of 24.1. You'll learn that his blood pressure was 132/78, his pulse was 64, his respiratory rate was 14, his body temperature was 98.6 and his blood oxygen level was 98%. You'll learn that his CMP, Urinalysis CBC, vitamin D level, homocysteine level, folate, creatine kinase and magnesium levels were all normal.

ALL of that information is private, protected health information. Yet it's been made public.

Conspicuously absent from that 6-page report is ANY mention of cognitive abilities. It's remarkable for me to think that someone would try to contend that we can know EVERYTHING about Biden, right down to his vital signs, but somehow his cognitive abilities are private and none of our business.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, 25% is less but it's NOT "no one"

Did 25% of people actually question Obama's birth certificate? Do you have a source?

Also, Obama released his birth certificate, which laid to rest the concern for all but the most, uh, committed conspiracy theorists.

What is the same is that i am very skeptical certain segments of people would be swayed.

No disagreement here. Biden's mental health is a much more subjective thing than a document.

Not saying that's a reason not to test.

Again, I think all candidates should submit to a cognitive assessment and make the results public. It would literally take 15-minutes to take the test.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A level of denial like ignoring what was actually posted in favor of vague implications that the posters are denying reality? That sort of level of denial?
I’m not ignoring it, I find it amusing

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden's mental decline is such an obvious fact that apparently there need to be hypotheticals manufactured about the hypotheticals to keep the far right / Russia Today spin going.
There it is! It’s Russian disinformation folks.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟377,261.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Did 25% of people actually question Obama's birth certificate? Do you have a source?
So I got it from Wikipedia. It had 2 citations; one had been removed and the other was not loading for me.
That said, I found this:
Poll: Persistent Partisan Divide Over ‘Birther’ Question
This is AFTER the b.c. release. These numbers seem....a bit huge. That said I do recall that this talk started to puff up again when Trump was pursuing the presidency again.

Found this too. It's a bit closer to what we've both said.
Obama's Birth Certificate Convinces Some, but Not All, Skeptics

Also, Obama released his birth certificate, which laid to rest the concern for all but the most, uh, committed conspiracy theorists.
See above.
No disagreement here. Biden's mental health is a much more subjective thing than a document.
Peoples reactions and perceptions are subjective for sure.
eople's reactions to it will definitely be subjective. .
Again, I think all candidates should submit to a cognitive assessment and make the results public. It would literally take 15-minutes to take the test.
Oh yeah. Frankly I think the lack of a maximum age is a huge detriment too.

1709255922824.png

I'm inclined to think quite a few of those very old dots maaaaay just be a bit despotic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So I got it from Wikipedia. It had 2 citations; one had been removed and the other was not loading for me.
That said, I found this:
Poll: Persistent Partisan Divide Over ‘Birther’ Question
This is AFTER the b.c. release. These numbers seem....a bit huge. That said I do recall that this talk started to puff up again when Trump was pursuing the presidency again.
Um...

Seventy-two percent of registered Republican voters still doubt President Obama’s citizenship, according to a recent NBC News|SurveyMonkey poll.

Not sure SurveyMonkey polls (i.e. polls where you respond online with no vetting of any kind) are all that trustworthy.

Found this too. It's a bit closer to what we've both said.
Obama's Birth Certificate Convinces Some, but Not All, Skeptics

Gallup is quite a bit more credible than SurveyMonkey. That poll shows that after release of the birth certificate, only 13% of people still thought Biden was "probably" or "definitely" not born in the US. Clearly the release of the birth certificate had an affect.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/147530/obama-birth-certificate-convinces-not-skeptics.aspx
Oh yeah. Frankly I think the lack of a maximum age is a huge detriment too.

View attachment 343438

I'm inclined to think quite a few of those very old dots maaaaay just be a bit despotic.

An age limit is probably a good idea. But the the challenge becomes determining what that limit should be.

I still think cognitive assessments would be wise, especially as candidates age and exhibit potential signs of cognitive decline.

• Winner

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟377,261.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Um...

Seventy-two percent of registered Republican voters still doubt President Obama’s citizenship, according to a recent NBC News|SurveyMonkey poll.

Not sure SurveyMonkey polls (i.e. polls where you respond online with no vetting of any kind) are all that trustworthy.
Fair point
https://news.gallup.com/poll/147530/obama-birth-certificate-convinces-not-skeptics.aspx

An age limit is probably a good idea. But the the challenge becomes determining what that limit should be.

I still think cognitive assessments would be wise, especially as candidates age and exhibit potential signs of cognitive dedecline.
I think a civics test along with a cognitive test is reasonable for every candidate

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟102,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, at least you'll admit that there are concerns with Biden, which is more than I can say for most.

So you've decided to go with the lesser of 2 evils approach, which has, unfortunately, become the norm in US elections.
Well, apart from not considering President Biden "evil", that's pretty much the choices available at this point. Would I prefer a better candidate? Sure. Corey Booker, for example, or Sherrod Brown. Heck, I'd have no problem voting for Kamala Harris on her own.

But, that said, while I admit President Biden has some concerning issues, I don't consider him to be incompetent or unqualified. I do with Trump.

-- A2SG, so if the best you can say about President Biden is he's not Trump...that's still pretty good....

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, apart from not considering President Biden "evil", that's pretty much the choices available at this point.

It's just a saying. How about this year we say, "The lesser doddering of two old men"?

But, that said, while I admit President Biden has some concerning issues, I don't consider him to be incompetent or unqualified. I do with Trump.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion.

-- A2SG, so if the best you can say about President Biden is he's not Trump...that's still pretty good....

Your post confirms pretty much what I thought. You don't really want Biden, but he's "not Trump", so that makes him good enough. I guess.

Now we just have to wait until November to see if the "not Trumps" or the "not Bidens" win. Just like our forefathers intended.

Last edited:
  • Winner
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That headline is a misuse of the word skeptic. Skepticism isn't rejecting facts because you don't like them.

Cambridge Dictionary defines "skeptic" as "a person who doubts the truth or value of an idea or belief." It is an absolutely appropriate use of the word.

• Winner
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think a civics test along with a cognitive test is reasonable for every candidate

A higher standard in general for presidential candidates would be good.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟377,261.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Cambridge Dictionary defines "skeptic" as "a person who doubts the truth or value of an idea or belief." It is an absolutely appropriate use of the word.
Well. I dunno.... Because a birth certificate is not a "belief".

I'd also point out that earlier you called that same group "committed conspiracy theorists " (post 285)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well. I dunno.... Because a birth certificate is not a "belief"

Again, the definition is "a person who doubts the truth or value of an idea or belief."

A person who doubts the truth

OR

A person who doubts the value of an idea or belief.

Aug 29, 2005
✟184,552.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Picky, picky, picky.
Call me old fashioned. I certainly would have not voted for Anthony Weiner for any political office, after what he did.

If we can't draw the line at corruption, then corruption has won. The republicans have told the country that they want corrupt politicians in their party.

Upvote 0