Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said Monday that he sees President Joe Biden as more of a threat to democracy than presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump.​
In an interview on CNN, Kennedy argued that Biden "has used the federal agencies to censor political speech," appearing to refer to a case before the Supreme Court that could affect the level of contact between government officials and social media companies regarding content removal.​
Last month, a majority of Supreme Court justices appeared to be wary of arguments that the Biden administration was unlawfully telling social media platforms to take down problematic conduct.​
“I can make the argument that President Biden is the much worse threat to democracy, and the reason for that is President Biden is the first candidate in history, the first president in history, that has used the federal agencies to censor political speech ... to censor his opponent,” Kennedy said.

On that, I can agree.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

“Biden has done something that no other president in history has done, which is to order media — particularly social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google — to censor his political opponents,” the 70-year-old told “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday.​

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
LOL. Is there any evidence that Joe Biden has personally ordered private citizens (social media owners) to remove or censor content?
I didn't know the president of USA has the ability to make orders of private citizens.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said Monday that he sees President Joe Biden as more of a threat to democracy than presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump.​
In an interview on CNN, Kennedy argued that Biden "has used the federal agencies to censor political speech," appearing to refer to a case before the Supreme Court that could affect the level of contact between government officials and social media companies regarding content removal.​
Last month, a majority of Supreme Court justices appeared to be wary of arguments that the Biden administration was unlawfully telling social media platforms to take down problematic conduct.​
“I can make the argument that President Biden is the much worse threat to democracy, and the reason for that is President Biden is the first candidate in history, the first president in history, that has used the federal agencies to censor political speech ... to censor his opponent,” Kennedy said.

On that, I can agree.
We’re concerned about “democracy” again?
Huh

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,135,972.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The opinion of a candidate whose stock-in-trade is wild conspiracy theories is obviously shaped by his disordered beliefs.

His many, many surviving siblings have all warned America against voting for their clearly disturbed brother.

Like many other cultists, RFK, Jr. does not understand the times we live in. While another similarly disordered candidate tries to shape this as a witch hunt against him, both he and RFK, Jr. forget that social media is endangered by hackers from foreign nations using all the tools of their trade to manipulate and corrupt the news. They can alter videos and photos, replace vocals with completely different statements while altering the speaker's lips.

One recent example is a photo of DJT surrounded by a crowd of enthusiastic black people. It was later learned that the enthusiastic black people in the photo had been lifted from a civil rights rally several years earlier and used as a backdrop for Trump.

Most of these hackers come from nations run by totalitarian dictators who are favored by DJT (not sure if they are favored by RFK or not.)

The situation becomes a lot muddier when you realize that one candidate, DJT, makes posts that are always crude and hate-filled, sometimes threatening against innocent people, or sick enough to put him on an FBI watch list (President Biden hogtied to the back of a pickup truck? Really?)

DJT complains that Biden is suppressing democracy, when DJT could campaign all he wanted on social media if he cleaned up his language, ditched the threats, and stopped promoting violence against his 'enemies.' He won't, which is why the NY courts instituted a gag order.

I wonder if Truth Social, the stock that fell 18% today, welcomes the obviously much more civil and intelligent discourse of non-Trump supporters.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟262,123.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We’re concerned about “democracy” again?
Huh
Absolutely not - I don't believe the Democratic Party is concerned in any way shape or form about Democracy to any extent more than a propaganda line - while they seem to be actively denying the freedom of speech of their political opponents - spending millions of dollar to dig up dirt and censoring social media.
I wonder if Truth Social, the stock that fell 18% today, welcomes the obviously much more civil and intelligent discourse of non-Trump supporters.
Capture.JPG

It's called the stock market - it is always going up and down.
And in other news...the sun rose early this morning and was expected to set sometime later today. And now sport...
Yup - that's a good description of Biden's habits - it's the same all the time. No one is surprised he promised the most transparent presidency and then hides from hard questions.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The opinion of a candidate whose stock-in-trade is wild conspiracy theories is obviously shaped by his disordered beliefs.

His many, many surviving siblings have all warned America against voting for their clearly disturbed brother.

Like many other cultists, RFK, Jr. does not understand the times we live in. While another similarly disordered candidate tries to shape this as a witch hunt against him, both he and RFK, Jr. forget that social media is endangered by hackers from foreign nations using all the tools of their trade to manipulate and corrupt the news. They can alter videos and photos, replace vocals with completely different statements while altering the speaker's lips.

One recent example is a photo of DJT surrounded by a crowd of enthusiastic black people. It was later learned that the enthusiastic black people in the photo had been lifted from a civil rights rally several years earlier and used as a backdrop for Trump.

Most of these hackers come from nations run by totalitarian dictators who are favored by DJT (not sure if they are favored by RFK or not.)

The situation becomes a lot muddier when you realize that one candidate, DJT, makes posts that are always crude and hate-filled, sometimes threatening against innocent people, or sick enough to put him on an FBI watch list (President Biden hogtied to the back of a pickup truck? Really?)

DJT complains that Biden is suppressing democracy, when DJT could campaign all he wanted on social media if he cleaned up his language, ditched the threats, and stopped promoting violence against his 'enemies.' He won't, which is why the NY courts instituted a gag order.

oh, and BTW - not every post and every thread is about former President Trump -

A clear example would be.......oh..... this one.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

On that, I can agree.

Are you voting for Kennedy?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you voting for Kennedy?

If it was between Biden and Kennedy - yes

If it was between Biden and a bag of hammers - the hammers would get my vote.

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

On that, I can agree.

RFK Jr can make all the arguments he wants. He'd just be wrong. His understanding of history is apparently as robust as his understanding of vaccines.

More recently, the Vindman brothers were reassigned after one of them testified to Congress about Trump under subpoena. Trump claimed to have had him fired.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟925,334.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

On that, I can agree.
Not really taking the guy who thinks Covid targets certain races and mass shootings are linked to prescription drugs as a good judge of facts.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not really taking the guy who thinks Covid targets certain races and mass shootings re linked to prescription drugs as a good judge of facts.
No better - no worse than the guy who said masking prevented the spread of the disease and once you were vaccinated then you could not catch it.

I still support the bag of hammers.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟925,334.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
No better - no worse than the guy who said masking prevented the spread of the disease and once you were vaccinated then you could not catch it.

I still support the bag of hammers.

Personally I do not see those statements being on par with one another. I think all the candidates are poor choices and feel annoyed I am forced to pick the least worst instead of one I can actually support.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not really taking the guy who thinks Covid targets certain races and mass shootings are linked to prescription drugs as a good judge of facts.
He also wouldn't be a good president, what if there is a pandemic under his watch? He would be even worse than D Trump. He certainly wouldn't want a vaccine developed. He wouldn't want USA to purchase any vaccines and offer them to the public. You guys would have had over 3 million dead under his watch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
LOL. Is there any evidence that Joe Biden has personally ordered private citizens (social media owners) to remove or censor content?
I didn't know the president of USA has the ability to make orders of private citizens.
Remember accusation is from a guy who thinks vaccines cause autism. It's not about reality for him.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
He also wouldn't be a good president, what if there is a pandemic under his watch? He would be even worse than D Trump. He certainly wouldn't want a vaccine developed. He wouldn't want USA to purchase any vaccines and offer them to the public. You guys would have had over 3 million dead under his watch.
To be fair, Trump did vigorously push for vaccines to be developed. He bungled the pandemic response, but he did act to immunize people after that.

Upvote 0