✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey,
My wife walked away from the faith and divorced me against my will.

I still have feelings for her and want to be married, raise our kids together. She’s off having sex with all sorts of people and obviously done with me at this point.

if she comes back around in a couple years and wants to get remarried, what is the biblical thing to do in this situation? Bible says stay if unbelieving spouse wants you and if they leave you aren’t bound. That happened. Now, bible says don’t marry an unbeliever. What if she comes back as an unbeliever? Catch 23...

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey,
My wife walked away from the faith and divorced me against my will.

I still have feelings for her and want to be married, raise our kids together. She’s off having sex with all sorts of people and obviously done with me at this point.

if she comes back around in a couple years and wants to get remarried, what is the biblical thing to do in this situation? Bible says stay if unbelieving spouse wants you and if they leave you aren’t bound. That happened. Now, bible says don’t marry an unbeliever. What if she comes back as an unbeliever? Catch 23...
It's difficult, but my advice is to let it go and get on with your life. I've seen similar situations to yours where the spouse came back after a separation like yours. None of them have ended well. If she comes back as a believer, that's different. I still would not rush into it. You need to pray for wisdom. God can bring a decent woman across your path.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Bible says stay if unbelieving spouse wants you
It doesn't actually say that. It says you don't have to divorce an unbeliever if you two are "mutually well-pleased" with the marriage.

If she has broken the vows, you are free. You are called to peace. Whatever happens in the future you can deal with it as it comes, not by compulsion, but by using your best judgment and your freedom in Christ.

• Winner
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
It doesn't actually say that. It says you don't have to divorce an unbeliever if you two are "mutually well-pleased" with the marriage.

If she has broken the vows, you are free. You are called to peace. Whatever happens in the future you can deal with it as it comes, not by compulsion, but by using your best judgment and your freedom in Christ.
Thanks for your feedback!

• Friendly
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0