Pittsfield, MA
✟15,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi there! My husband and I have made the decision to leave our number of children up to God. However I struggle with fear. My husband is in the U.S. Air Force he is enlisted and fairly low ranking. I know we are supposed to trust God to not give us more than we can handle and that we should trust He will provide. I am trying to trust and I believe we made the right decision to give this part of our lives over to The Lord. I am trying to let go and stop worrying about our future finances, but it is a struggle. Has anyone else struggled with this fear??

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟972,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe many of us have struggled with that, but as God begins to reveal His faithfulness to provide AND shows us where we can make better choices in spending & earning, we have typically begun to breathe easier about it. :bow:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ex-pat

Building my house...
Jun 30, 2011
Canada
✟16,064.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think you'll find that many "costs" are not too scary. Housing costs can be kept low (I know a family of ten children that lives in a three bedroom house) with such things as bunk beds, and you may find freecycle to be a good place for children's furniture and gently used toys. Most people find that they have close friends who have baby wardrobes and things they no longer need that can be handed down, and once you have a few children, you'll see that things can be stored for your next child also. Remember also that should you have many children, they come with a tax deduction attached, so you may ultimately pay far less in taxes if you have many children. Being Quiverfull does not automatically mean having many children, but rather letting God decide, though, so, peace to you and blessings to your family!

Upvote 0

ex-pat

Building my house...
Jun 30, 2011
Canada
✟16,064.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'd also say that MA is a great place to raise children in...your local library has free or reduced passes to local museums (and living history museums), aquariums and children's play places. Many cities have free concerts as well...a very good place to raise children on a budget and still have them have cultural activities and outings!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟972,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd also say that MA is a great place to raise children in...your local library has free or reduced passes to local museums (and living history museums), aquariums and children's play places. Many cities have free concerts as well...a very good place to raise children on a budget and still have them have cultural activities and outings!

MA, as in Massachusetts...? Your header says Canada... :confused:

Upvote 0

ex-pat

Building my house...
Jun 30, 2011
Canada
✟16,064.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
MA, as in Massachusetts...? Your header says Canada... :confused:

The OP is in MA, and I grew up in the Boston area...now in Canada! It was just a random thought I had about the Boston area being a great place to raise children inexpensively in. (not Boston itself, mind, but the general area)

Upvote 0

lmd0137

Aug 14, 2010
Pittsfield, MA
✟15,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
thank you ex pat for the advice. I have been doing a lot of research on how to be frugal. Those are some great tips. MA is a great place to raise a family. Although im not sure where we will be when we have children or if we will be in the same place throughout their lives ... as I said my husband is in the U.S. Airforce and we may be moving alot. However I look at that as a great learning opportunity for the whole family. We may even end up overseas at some point. I have been looking at life as an adventure lately and I am hoping I can approach this the same way. I still struggle with fear. Surrendering my life is a new concept to me, but i am a work in progress. Thank you again for the input.

Upvote 0

caribassett

Dec 1, 2009
North Carolina, USA
✟7,659.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know I'm late to the party :) I have a friend in the Air Force who has seven children, and it actually makes moving ( most recently to the Philippines) a little easier for her kids, because while they leave behind lots of great friends when they move, they always have each other.

Having multiple children is not as pricey as I used to imagine. there are only so many onesies and Polly Pocket dolls a family needs to own, if that makes sense :) My maternity clothes are the same, many toys and clothes are the same, no need to buy with each pregnancy because we already have these things. Gardening is helpful, and kids actually love to help and watch their endeavour flourish. God is an amazing provider, I mean he has simply stunned me with the amazing ways he has cared for our family!

Upvote 0

ProudMomxmany

slightly insane mom of many
Jul 6, 2013
✟17,163.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there! My husband and I have made the decision to leave our number of children up to God. However I struggle with fear. My husband is in the U.S. Air Force he is enlisted and fairly low ranking. I know we are supposed to trust God to not give us more than we can handle and that we should trust He will provide. I am trying to trust and I believe we made the right decision to give this part of our lives over to The Lord. I am trying to let go and stop worrying about our future finances, but it is a struggle. Has anyone else struggled with this fear??

You can do it! We have a total of 12 and my husband is retired Navy, 24 year career, retired an E-8 in 2005. The commissary is a BLESSING!!! Take advantage of on-base quarters, you are assigned quarters based on family size. Most large bases have great thrift stores too...people leave things behind when they PCS to a new station including baby stuff. There are exchanges among families for clothes and toys too. Medical is a breeze, you can either use on-base medical or Tri-care out in town. Our first baby was born when he was an E-3. I think we had 4-6 when he was an E-5. (I don't remember now, it was a LONG time ago, our oldest is 30). You can do it. In reality, being military makes it easier!

If you have any more questions about large families and being military, please PM me. I'll dig in my memory archives (or ask the kids since they forget NOTHING) for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums