✟16,854.00
Country
Slovakia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

I am a Christian and for some period of time I have a problem with these questions. Can you help me? Yes, when I saw how many faith groups is here as forum categories it seems almost impossible to expect finding one answer instead of different answers (it means chaos). But I wil try :)

1. Is Roman Catholic Church the true one? Did 2nd Vatican Council cause something wrong? What about salvation? Some critiques say that todays RCC say that also people with other religions can go to heaven, that it is not so bad to have other religion and that RCC say (indirectly) that Jesus is not only one way, truth and life. I have issues to answer this question about other religious or people who do not believe in Christ. And next opinion, that RCC is more likely benevolent (everything is okey, God is love etc.) Where is truth?

2. Does God hate sinners? According to Bible, there are verses which indicate that yes. Then it means that "God loves sinner but hates sin" is false.

3. Is reading books like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, sin? Again, according to Bible, there is written that God does not want us to be involved in things like occult, magic etc. So it seems that yes, reading that kind of books is bad. But is this view right? Is it not scrupulous? Because I do not want to live life, where I see sin also there, where it is not. And similar questions about movies.

4. Sometimes I was depressed because of hell. It is terrifying. And I was depressed not only about myself but also about other people. Because, as we know, not everyone lives according to God. And I struggle with it too. I felt also guilty because I do so little for others people´s salvation. I know a lot of people who live incorrectly, do not believe in God etc. and I do usually nothing. And I often feel shame to talk about God, religion and so on. Can you please help me and give som advice?

Thank you :)

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Roman Catholic Church the true one?

No organised Church is God's Church. The Church of God is the whole assemble of living and dead Christians it is not any earthly organisation.

Does God hate sinners

God so loved the world that he sent his only Son that who ever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
Does that answer your question.

hell. It is terrifying

Yes hell, an eternity separated from God is terrifying. If you are Jesus's then you have nothing to fear.

Reading Harry Potter is no more sinful than read fairy tales.

Upvote 0

sportsman

Apr 18, 2020
Bratislava
✟16,854.00
Country
Slovakia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for answer.
No organised Church is God's Church. The Church of God is the whole assemble of living and dead Christians it is not any earthly organisation.

I meant if RCC is true, if God is with RCC or if it is "harlot of Babylon"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for answer.

I meant if RCC is true, if God is with RCC or if it is "harlot of Babylon"

Can you point to N T verses that tell us that God is interested in organisations?

You will have to compare scripture with the teachings of the churches you are interested in joining and then compare that church members practise with the teaching do they practise what they preach.

Upvote 0

sportsman

Apr 18, 2020
Bratislava
✟16,854.00
Country
Slovakia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you point to N T verses that tell us that God is interested in organisations?

You will have to compare scripture with the teachings of the churches you are interested in joining and then compare that church members practise with the teaching do they practise what they preach.

Yes, I know what you mean. But, I think that it is important to look at whole organisation as well because all smaller units are under it, it means parishes, dioceses, pastors and so on. So even if I am in parish with good teaching (maybe), it still belongs to whole organisation. And that is my question, if this organisation (RCC) is truthful, rightful... because there is criticism including things I mentioned in the first message and these things are really serious (shortly, that RCC is not right)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
even if I am in parish with good teaching (maybe), it still belongs to whole organisation. And that is my question,/QUOTE]

You have raised two issues.
The teaching in the church you attend is doubtful and a query over the organisation.
Well is the doubtful teaching due to the organisation or to an ignorant preacher?
If it is the former leave. If the later talk to him, is he going to change? If not leave

Upvote 0

annad347

Catholic, Lutheran, Christian
Sep 22, 2019
Orlando, FL
✟32,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2. Does God hate sinners? According to Bible, there are verses which indicate that yes. Then it means that "God loves sinner but hates sin" is false.

God does not hate sinners. Jesus said He came for to save the sinners. I don't believe it says that God hates sinners, He wants us to hate what is evil but hold on to what is GOOD, we wants us to love our enemies, pray for those everyone... Jesus sat, talked and broke bread with those who others considered sinners... He doesn't hate sinners.

as for reading books like Harry Potter, unless you plan to become a witch or a wizard, its not a problem. ;)

and instead of being afraid of hell or that others will go to hell... Remember God Loves Us. Concentrate on that piece of information. Turn your fear to love, every time your thought go to hell, turn them towards how much God loves you. How you belong to Him and He will never let you go.

Also, the best way you can help others to know God's love is by living by God's Will. Being the best person God can help you become, let others see God through you. Ask God to fill you with the Holy Spirit to help you understand how to live by His Will in your life... hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0

sportsman

Apr 18, 2020
Bratislava
✟16,854.00
Country
Slovakia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Read chapters 17 and 18 of the book of Revelation if you want to learn about the RCC.

The same question, why are they about RCC?

God does not hate sinners. Jesus said He came for to save the sinners. I don't believe it says that God hates sinners, He wants us to hate what is evil but hold on to what is GOOD, we wants us to love our enemies, pray for those everyone... Jesus sat, talked and broke bread with those who others considered sinners... He doesn't hate sinners.

Thank you for your answer, but I still have this question: Why is then in the Bible, for example, this verse: "The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence." (Psalm 11,5)

as for reading books like Harry Potter, unless you plan to become a witch or a wizard, its not a problem. ;)

Okey, I understand.. but :D What would apostle Paul say about it? Would he say that witchcraft and magic in the movie is good and safe? That Jesus is okey with it? Even if in the Bible is said that witchcraft is not right? What would Jesus say about it? Logically, if it is in the Bible, then it means that even if I watch these practics in "only movie", it is bad. Or not? And one bonus, I heard some exorcist to talk about it, that he do not recommend to watch Harry Potter. So? Sorry for my argumentations, but I want to have it clear :)

By the way, thanks all for your efforts and responses. God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

annad347

Sep 22, 2019
Orlando, FL
✟32,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m so sorry I didn’t reply to you sooner. I don’t know what Paul would say about books like Harry Potter. I don’t think they had fictional stories in his time, but I do believe if he was in the present time, he might look at the book for what it is, a fictional story.

Jesus knows you. He knows your heart and mind. He knows why you are reading the books, watching the movies. If you reason for doing that is to study witchcraft so you can become a witch, similar to the ones He talked about when scripture was originally written, He would be sad, but like I said God knows you.

If you are honest with why you want to read Harry Potter, watch those movies then in reality that’s between you and God, no one can really tell you if its acceptable or not, only you can.

Use the Holy Spirit God gave you to know you are following His will and not your own. If reading the books are shouting to you, bad bad bad… then maybe God is telling you not to read them, if they are say… WOW, that is a cool story, then maybe you’re okay.

Pray that helps and again I'm sorry I didn't replay sooner.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,028,306.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Read chapters 17 and 18 of the book of Revelation if you want to learn about the RCC.

Utter rubbish. Obviously you very much misunderstand and misinterpret Revelation and are rooted in untruths and lack of knowledge about Catholicism.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

sportsman

Apr 18, 2020
Bratislava
✟16,854.00
Country
Slovakia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m so sorry I didn’t reply to you sooner. I don’t know what Paul would say about books like Harry Potter. I don’t think they had fictional stories in his time, but I do believe if he was in the present time, he might look at the book for what it is, a fictional story.

Jesus knows you. He knows your heart and mind. He knows why you are reading the books, watching the movies. If you reason for doing that is to study witchcraft so you can become a witch, similar to the ones He talked about when scripture was originally written, He would be sad, but like I said God knows you.

If you are honest with why you want to read Harry Potter, watch those movies then in reality that’s between you and God, no one can really tell you if its acceptable or not, only you can.

Use the Holy Spirit God gave you to know you are following His will and not your own. If reading the books are shouting to you, bad bad bad… then maybe God is telling you not to read them, if they are say… WOW, that is a cool story, then maybe you’re okay.

Pray that helps and again I'm sorry I didn't replay sooner.

Thank you for your kind response. To be honest, when I read it, there were passages I was not very comfortable with, for example, one of them concerned to witchcraft, second of them concerned to death, it was like halloween or something like that. And there were other passages as well which smell by darkness. In this video, there are arguments, why not HP:

To be honest, I think it is bad. At least more bad than good. Beside the fact that it concerns to occult, in the Bible is said that narrow path leads to heaven. And it seems logical, that something which looks innocent on first look is in reality very dangerous and is trying to deceive us. Because if it seemed clearly bad, more people would deny it.

What do you say about it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,200,379.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's not some new revelation here. Just read commentaries from some of the great theologians of centuries past such as Ellicott, Barnes, Meyers, etc and you will see I speak the truth.
They can't be that great, seing as I have never heard of them.
St John Chrysostom, St Basil, St Gregory Nazianzus, St Symeon, St Athanasius, these I have heard of.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

annad347

Sep 22, 2019
Orlando, FL
✟32,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you say about it?

I say don't watch the movies or read the books. HP isn't the only book in the world. There are many other awesome stories out there for you to enjoy... not to mention movies. Maybe a good mystery?

God speaks to us individually. He tells us what He wants for us, to follow His will. If He is giving you a bad feeling about something I would listen and follow. Listen to the Holy Spirit that is within you, you'll never go wrong. I pray that makes sense.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I am a Christian and for some period of time I have a problem with these questions. Can you help me? Yes, when I saw how many faith groups is here as forum categories it seems almost impossible to expect finding one answer instead of different answers (it means chaos). But I wil try :)

1. Is Roman Catholic Church the true one? Did 2nd Vatican Council cause something wrong? What about salvation? Some critiques say that todays RCC say that also people with other religions can go to heaven, that it is not so bad to have other religion and that RCC say (indirectly) that Jesus is not only one way, truth and life. I have issues to answer this question about other religious or people who do not believe in Christ. And next opinion, that RCC is more likely benevolent (everything is okey, God is love etc.) Where is truth?

3. Is reading books like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, sin? Again, according to Bible, there is written that God does not want us to be involved in things like occult, magic etc. So it seems that yes, reading that kind of books is bad. But is this view right? Is it not scrupulous? Because I do not want to live life, where I see sin also there, where it is not. And similar questions about movies.

4. Sometimes I was depressed because of hell. It is terrifying. And I was depressed not only about myself but also about other people. Because, as we know, not everyone lives according to God. And I struggle with it too. I felt also guilty because I do so little for others people´s salvation. I know a lot of people who live incorrectly, do not believe in God etc. and I do usually nothing. And I often feel shame to talk about God, religion and so on. Can you please help me and give som advice?

Thank you :)
1st question: Roman catholic have a lot of idolatry. It teaches another Jesus, not the one who created the heaven and the earth.
2cnd: Ephesians 6:12 tell us that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood. Everyone is influence by a spirit. If it's not the Holy Spirit, then it's an unclean spirit. So God not hate the person, he hates the sin.
3rd: I wouldn't say that reading these books are watching movies are a sin, but by watching and reading wicked books will open a door for demons to influence the person with sinful things which could lead to sin.
4rth: You should never be ashamed of the Gospel. Never push Jesus on anyone. If the opportunity present itself then you can share the gospel with them. The way that you live your life will show Jesus to others without you saying a word. Your fruit speak louder than words.

Upvote 0