Question for those with the gift of discerning spirits.

Long Island Pilgrim

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
NY
✟67,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

I am excited to post this because I've actually never talked with anyone who also possessed this gift. According to Derek Prince who is considered a leading global authority in the subject, Discerning of Spirits is the ability to recognize, identify and distinguish between various types of spirits.

Share with me , if you would, if you find yourself very sensitive to the personalities and messages on the board in the sense that you are able to discern, for instance, a spirit of rejection or a lying spirit through someones post? I'd love to hear your experiences in this area . If you possess this gift, then I'm sure that the Lord has provided you with a lot of life experience in order show you how the spirits tend to manifest through the personality. I'm sure you know what i mean but, for instance, you may become aware that someone takes offense very easily or is quick protect their image ( even if if they need to distort the truth to do it ). You can feel it in your spirit even if they mastered concealing the outward expression of it. I'd love to hear your experiences with it especially on the forum or in correspondence because that actually even requires a bit more experience sometimes. Because at that point there are no leaking facial expressions or telling signs that confirm your knowing. Have you been able to discern a Jezebel from a distance?
Please share...I'd be thrilled to hear your experiences.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,520,015.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Discernment is my strongest gift, but I tend to experience it a little differently than the way you describe. I don't think of someone as having "a Jezebel" or a lying spirit or the like. But I find I "read" people and situations well, and I can usually pick up what's going on beneath the surface and what's driving a particular kind of behaviour. (So, for example, in this kind of forum, where a poster is often disruptive and rude, I might be able to be aware of the pain and frustration underlying that even when they think they haven't been open about it).

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The "gift of discernment of spirits" is the DETAILED knowledge of a person or situation that is not otherwise available through reason or observation. It is not vague feelings about a person due to their tone or message content.

e.g. You walk into a crowded room, look at a man and know he is cheating on his wife. Not "I read a post and he seems mean", he must have the spirit of <enter nonsense here>".

Upvote 0

Long Island Pilgrim

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
NY
✟67,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Discernment is my strongest gift, but I tend to experience it a little differently than the way you describe. I don't think of someone as having "a Jezebel" or a lying spirit or the like. But I find I "read" people and situations well, and I can usually pick up what's going on beneath the surface and what's driving a particular kind of behaviour. (So, for example, in this kind of forum, where a poster is often disruptive and rude, I might be able to be aware of the pain and frustration underlying that even when they think they haven't been open about it).

Does that make sense?
Hi there,
Yes, that makes perfect sense. That's the way i experience it too. But i've become aware that clusters of the same characteristics tend to form the "identity" of certain spirits. And then I learned which spirits tend to have the hallmark of those identifying features. For instance, persons who are very manipulative, duplicitous, controlling, and prideful are sometimes features of what the secular world calls narcissism or sociopathy...but we in the Christian world might call those cluster of features a Jezebel spirit. So it's all the same thing as you mentioned. It's just the nomenclature that we might tend to use. The gift also very much distinguishes general truth from falsehood. But thank you for your reply. It's so nice to meet a sister in Christ who has the same gifts :)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Long Island Pilgrim

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
NY
✟67,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "gift of discernment of spirits" is the DETAILED knowledge of a person or situation that is not otherwise available through reason or observation. It is not vague feelings about a person due to their tone or message content.

e.g. You walk into a crowded room, look at a man and know he is cheating on his wife. Not "I read a post and he seems mean", he must have the spirit of <enter nonsense here>".
Thats true Widest. It certainly does manifest that way for me too although I always thought that fell more into the category of the gift of words of knowledge. But I can also frequently discern things about a person who is posting. Nobody said anything whatsoever about reading any post that *seems* mean though ?

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There’s a difference between discernment and discerning of spirits. Like all of the other manifestations of The Spirit (I Cor 12), the information for discerning of spirits has to come from Yahweh or it's just us.

When Paul said to the spirit in the fortune teller, "I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And he came out the same hour (Acts 16:18), that was discerning of spirits. Though what she had been saying beforehand for days was accurate = "These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation." So Yahweh revealed to Paul what spirit was behind the words. Paul had the right attitude by being against the demonic spirit and grieved for her.

One example of discerning of a Godly spirit is when James, Cephas, and John perceived the grace that had been given to Paul (Gal 2).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟330,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Discerning of spirits is God or the Lord Jesus Christ revealing to you information about the presence or non-presence of spirits (including both holy spirit or demons), and some times including the identity of demons present, whether or not you may cast them out, and providing the power to do it.

For example, a believer manifesting discerning of spirits may be simultaneously aware of the presence of the demon, know what to do about the situation, and begin to command it to come out of the person.-http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/walking-in-power-the-manifestations-of-holy-spirit

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agree about commanding the demonic spirit IF instructed to do so by Yahweh. The person needs to understand how vital it is for them to read Scripture and keep their focus on Yahweh afterwards. Because -

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strachan

Serving the most High
Jul 27, 2013
Mandurah, Western Australia
✟11,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Discernment of spirits: my daughter has this gift, so I will share some of hers.

It is a literal "peering into" the spiritual realm. It operates under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, and see what God wants to reveal to you. There are differing degrees of ability, and it varies from person to the next. You might for example see angels in the church, especially when there is anointed praise and worship. Likewise, demons might also be visible, sometimes even in church. Sometimes "devices" such as arrows or spears, or chains are made visible on people, or inside of people.
At one time during a worship session, in front of the church platform a lot of young people were praising and singing, when she got a very clear "impression" of another girl right next to her of rejection. More, she instantly knew it was a spirit of rejection, which had entered upon birth as her mother did not want her. The rejection was reinforced again a few weeks ago when the girl's boyfriend broke off their relationship. My daughter did not know this girl, yet all of this was instantly revealed.
As for Jezabel - this spirit is indeed visible in spirit form to those with the gift of discernment of spirits, but it is not so simple. It is only visible when Jezabel is in manifestation, for mist of the time she is hidden. With Jezabel, some or all of what she is wearing may be revealed. Typically the gown, the crown and the rings.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Long Island Pilgrim

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
NY
✟67,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Discernment of spirits: my daughter has this gift, so I will share some of hers.

It is a literal "peering into" the spiritual realm. It operates under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, and see what God wants to reveal to you. There are differing degrees of ability, and it varies from person to the next. You might for example see angels in the church, especially when there is anointed praise and worship. Likewise, demons might also be visible, sometimes even in church. Sometimes "devices" such as arrows or spears, or chains are made visible on people, or inside of people.
At one time during a worship session, in front of the church platform a lot of young people were praising and singing, when she got a very clear "impression" of another girl right next to her of rejection. More, she instantly knew it was a spirit of rejection, which had entered upon birth as her mother did not want her. The rejection was reinforced again a few weeks ago when the girl's boyfriend broke off their relationship. My daughter did not know this girl, yet all of this was instantly revealed.
As for Jezebel - this spirit is indeed visible in spirit form to those with the gift of discernment of spirits, but it is not so simple. It is only visible when Jezebel is in manifestation, for mist of the time she is hidden. With Jezabel, some or all of what she is wearing may be revealed. Typically the gown, the crown and the rings.

That's fascinating! I really enjoy hearing the experiences of others. Yes, I believe your daughter does have the gift. I didn't know that there were different degrees of ability to the point of being able to visibly see demons but that doesn't surprise me. I myself can't see Jezabel or other demons such as rejection but I do get an "impression" and It's a wonderful gift to have. Thanks for such a detailed response.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have the gift of discernment too, but it's more of what I "sense" or "feel", like, I can feel if a book is evil or not just by standing besides it. I can feel the presence of evil with my emotions.

Upvote 0

Sola1517

Saint-in-Progress (Looking for a Church)
Jun 27, 2016
Don't ask
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The "gift of discernment of spirits" is the DETAILED knowledge of a person or situation that is not otherwise available through reason or observation.
Like psychic ability?

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's main differences between the psychic stuff and the prophetic including The Source of the information and the purpose.

Everything Yahweh does has a purpose so we need to hear His voice concerning everything.

When we have these experiences, we need to ask Him if He wants us to do anything. If so, what? If we're to pray, we need to know how He wants us to pray.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Like psychic ability?
Yes and no. There are no psychic abilities. Either you are getting help from God or from Satan.
Humans do not inherently have any "psychic" abilities.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution

I am excited to post this because I've actually never talked with anyone who also possessed this gift. According to Derek Prince who is considered a leading global authority in the subject, Discerning of Spirits is the ability to recognize, identify and distinguish between various types of spirits.

Share with me , if you would, if you find yourself very sensitive to the personalities and messages on the board in the sense that you are able to discern, for instance, a spirit of rejection or a lying spirit through someones post? I'd love to hear your experiences in this area . If you possess this gift, then I'm sure that the Lord has provided you with a lot of life experience in order show you how the spirits tend to manifest through the personality. I'm sure you know what i mean but, for instance, you may become aware that someone takes offense very easily or is quick protect their image ( even if if they need to distort the truth to do it ). You can feel it in your spirit even if they mastered concealing the outward expression of it. I'd love to hear your experiences with it especially on the forum or in correspondence because that actually even requires a bit more experience sometimes. Because at that point there are no leaking facial expressions or telling signs that confirm your knowing. Have you been able to discern a Jezebel from a distance?

I can only tell when a Spirit is within me. I can sense it right away. I know how the Spirit of rage is, and how the Spirit of Jezebel is. I did feel when the Spirit of Jezebel was wrecked recently though, but I would warn that it will come back dangerously, and take on a figurehead.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Yahu_

Nov 16, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
✟18,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

LOL. Yes I can discern a Jezebel from a distance.

Yes discernment of spirits is my primary spiritual gift. Yes you learn to recognize the attributes and sense differing types of spirits at work. In my case they also can manifest as scents. I can like smell perfume during worship or get horrid stenches off people that knot my stomach to even be around.

In my case, over 25 years ago I ran into a girl that had started out Catholic but idolized the Jezebel biblical character and did all of her required praying to the 'queen of heaven' knowing it was a title of Ashtoreth, the goddess of Jezebel. That girl became the candidate to become the next worldwide high priestess of Ashtoreth and was a powerful witch. The spirit of Ashtoreth had been appearing to her since she was 14. I knew her in her mid 20s when she lived in the same military dorm and was the roommate of my fiance.

I got to learn ALL the differing attributes that fall into her influence. A Jezebel spirit is actually a ruling spirit that coordinates over large group of lesser attribute spirits to corrupt women. Not all individuals will have all the attributes that call fall under a Jezebel. For example, a young virgin girl can be a Jezebel without having fallen into the sexual aspects but holds to the other attributes and doctrines. A met a Presbyterian pastor's daughter that had major Jezebel traits but was still a virgin but her mother had taught her how to manipulate and control a husband through sex once she was married.

The primary trait of a Jezebel is arrogance/superiority.

I have often wondered if Hillary was also a priestess of Ashtoreth. Back in 1988 during my conflict with the high priestess, the one in line to be high priestess after her was a wife of some politician. The girl I knew was the prime candidate to be next worldwide high priestess but she failed in her assignment and ended up in prison for her conflict with me. She later repented in prison and return to Catholicism.

Upvote 0