Putting chaplains in public school is the latest battle in culture wars (Wapo)

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Opinion about LGBT….but we are getting off topic. Chaplains and religion have no place in public schools. Keep them out.
I agree. But there is need for inculcation of values and virtue that can be done without religion.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Chaplins, Christian councilors, chiropractors?
Chiropractors. They try to make you think you need them routinely, at $40 per adjustment uninsured.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. That’s philosophy which is different.
How about empathy? Studies show that it is needed for happiness and yet here it is debated.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What training would "properly trained" mental health professionals have? Would a Christian counselling degree qualify?

A licensed professional. I have no idea what "christian counseling" is.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How about empathy? Studies show that it is needed for happiness and yet here it is debated.
Interesting thread. Paul Bloom has some informative videos about empathy and it's downsides when left unchecked. I developed similar sentiments when I left my Christian faith. So in a way.. I guess in a way I agree with the detractors in that thread.. but probably not for reasons they'd appreciate, lol.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,210,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟452,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should we ban them from going to school, teaching, or running for office?

How does having a gay student cause the school to be taken over by Satanic ideology?
It's the promotion of it which is leading unaware and innocent children into a life of utter despair. It is a spiritual condition called sin. It's not a biological condition. Pretending that it is natural and healthy and something to be embraced is a lie.
To be sure, Anton Lavey, who wrote the Satanic Bible and started the San Francisco based Church of Satan in the 60's was an atheist who hated Christianity. He decided to start his church to be anti Christian, taking atheism to it's logical conclusion. Although, he kept the biblical admonition not to harm the children, unlike the Democrat party, and the public school system of today. Whether it's Satanism, Fascism, Communism, or atheism, they are all man centered and law becomes whatever protects them and their ideology. That's why in Canada, 2 young college students were arrested for telling the truth that there are only 2 genders. What relevance is truth to those who are led only by their inclinations?

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's the promotion of it which is leading unaware and innocent children into a life of utter despair. It is a spiritual condition called sin. It's not a biological condition. Pretending that it is natural and healthy and something to be embraced is a lie.
Why would you think sexual orientation is an ideology? Most gay people I have known would rather be straight. The spiritual condition of sin is vast. It is just that some forms are more acceptable than others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟452,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would you think sexual orientation is an ideology? Most gay people I have known would rather be straight. The spiritual condition of sin is vast. It is just that some forms are more acceptable than others.
I'm not talking about an individuals struggle with sin, after all, I've had my own struggles. I'm talking about the ideology that embraces sin, calling good evil and evil good. The difference between the Bible and the Satanic Bible. When Biden placed a gay pride flag on the White House, he is embracing the ideology of Satanism whether knowingly or ignorantly. Jesus Christ is the only hope for the LBGT.. people, just like He was the only hope for me.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,210,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He decided to start his church to be anti Christian, taking atheism to it's logical conclusion.
How is the tongue in cheek larping the church of satan and others of that ilk engage in the logical conclusion of not thinking god/s exist?

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not talking about an individuals struggle with sin, after all, I've had my own struggles. I'm talking about the ideology that embraces sin, calling good evil and evil good. The difference between the Bible and the Satanic Bible. When Biden placed a gay pride flag on the White House, he is embracing the ideology of Satanism whether knowingly or ignorantly. Jesus Christ is the only hope for the LBGT.. people, just like He was the only hope for me.
Have you ever read the Satanic Bible by Anton Levey? It is all about immediate self gratification. That goes far beyond sexuality.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Since the USA is no longer a community, ie, a population with common values, the ultimate solution now is to get the "public" out of schools.
Instead of destroying public schools, maybe the people who feel this way can just send their kids to their choice of private schools.

(Preferably without sticking out their hands for a share of my taxes, which go to support the common good.)

Upvote 0