In God we trust
Dec 12, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
✟328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not sure if this is obvious to others.. .but I was told there is something very special about this verse:

"It is better to trust in the Lord, Than to put confidence in man"

Because it is Psalm 118:8, the very center verse of the Bible.

If you add up all of the chapters before, and after this verse you will get 594 before, and after. that is weird, because the chapters before and after add up to the middle - 594 + 594 = 1188. .. 118:8!!!

Also, before the middle chapter, is the shortest chapter in the bible... and after the middle chapter is the longest chapter in the Bible...

IT FITS TOGETHER PERFECTLY!!!

Isn't that crazy? All of these different authors writing these books hundreds, maybe thousands of years apart... and it is put together into the bible, and somehow they achieve this perfect symmetry!

How could this be anything but the work of God?

I find this to be a big faith builder.. .what about you?

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
preston08 said:
I am not sure if this is obvious to others.. .but I was told there is something very special about this verse:

"It is better to trust in the Lord, Than to put confidence in man"

Because it is Psalm 118:8, the very center verse of the Bible.

If you add up all of the chapters before, and after this verse you will get 594 before, and after. that is weird, because the chapters before and after add up to the middle - 594 + 594 = 1188. .. 118:8!!!

Also, before the middle chapter, is the shortest chapter in the bible... and after the middle chapter is the longest chapter in the Bible...

IT FITS TOGETHER PERFECTLY!!!

Isn't that crazy? All of these different authors writing these books hundreds, maybe thousands of years apart... and it is put together into the bible, and somehow they achieve this perfect symmetry!

How could this be anything but the work of God?

I find this to be a big faith builder.. .what about you?
Hi there!

:wave:

I have passed on this comment more than once. Are you aware that when the manuscripts were written, that they were not written in "chapters" and "verses", that the arrangement of the books of the Bible have varied and are still inconsistent between the Old Testament and the Hebrew Scriptures?

Someone has been good enough to identify a coincidence in modern translation that wasn't present in the old manuscripts. If that encourages you, then great. For it is the "works" of man who went through and broke the Bible down into chapters and verses. It is a great passage wherever it is in the Word of God. THAT encourages me.

~serapha~

Upvote 0

aanjt

Jen
Dec 16, 2003
United States
✟559.00
Faith
Anglican
If you happen to have a Bible with the Apocrypha in it, this does not apply at all. So, dependnig on which Bible you use, also, it isn't Psalm 118 that is in the Middle, it's Psalm 117, which only has 2 verses, meaning there cannot be a middle verse. For more information, go to:

http://www.snopes.com/religion/center.htm

Yours in Christ,
Jen

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.