Poll - will Joe Biden Debate Donald Trump on National TV?

Will Joe Biden Debate Trump on live TV?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of it will matter because Donald Trump will still cry persecution and everything’s rigged all the way into a second term and throughout for the next 4 years. It seems kinda silly to me to complain about the moderator and not be able to name one person you think could do a better job. Don’t watch it.
It seems kind of silly to me to look at the coverage Tapper and Bash have given Trump and pretend they can be unbiased. Maybe people wouldn’t complain so much about things being rigged if they actually weren’t rigged.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Haha
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟563,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems kind of silly to me to look at the coverage Tapper and Bash have given Trump and pretend they can be unbiased. Maybe people wouldn’t complain so much about things being rigged if they actually weren’t rigged.
If you don’t think he can handle it just say that.

I’m still waiting to hear one person you think could do a better job.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Or a maze to the podiums, (make this part pay-per-view)?

Put some bumps on the groud to see who falls over as they shuffle their feet through the maze.

A series of tests.
They should have to pick out their wives from a line up of women.
Perhaps match some items together, like perhaps wind turbines with electricity, the sun with sunglasses, immigrants with people, dictators with death and despair, elections with democracy.
Maybe a test where they sort out things as either National security secrets vs person property e.g. a shopping list, a reciept from a restaurant, a document about how to invade Iran, a recipe on how to make pancakes, a can of coke.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you don’t think he can handle it just say that.

I’m still waiting to hear one person you think could do a better job.
Martha MacCallum but Peter Doocy would be the equivalent of Tapper

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟563,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Martha MacCallum but Peter Doocy would be the equivalent of Tapper
I think she’d do just fine though I personally would be against anyone with a politics/news based opinion show on cable. She’s really no different than Jake Tapper or Hannity in that respect. I still remember how quickly the right turned on Chris Wallace after the 2020 debate.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think she’d do just fine though I personally would be against anyone with a politics/news based opinion show on cable. She’s really no different than Jake Tapper or Hannity in that respect. I still remember how quickly the right turned on Chris Wallace after the 2020 debate.
I’m against anyone who claims they are an unbiased journalist but clearly is biased and has an agenda. It doesn’t matter though I’m surprised Biden agreed to a debate so anything is better than nothing.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟844,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
[Hewitt] doesn't want Trump to have a debate moderator like Chris Wallace or Candy Crowley. Hewitt told Trump he "wants someone who is fair."

Trump stated he "would like that too," but "would be willing to take anybody." Trump added, "What difference does it make?"

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟926,177.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Please explain why moderators are required to be unbiased rather then impartial?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟666,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Please explain why moderators are required to be unbiased rather then impartial?
One possible reason it's a good idea is so that those watching the debate don't feel that the moderator is skewing the debate by doing things such as asking softball questions of the candidate they favor, while asking "gotcha!" questions of the one they don't. Or even participate in debating the candidate they don't like, as Candy Crawley did with Mitt Romney.
But as usual, the debate moderators will be the anchors of liberal news outlets, as if news anchors are the only ones who know how to ask questions.

• Agree
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump agrees to a debate and gets no say about whether there will be an audience and who the moderators will be?
If Peter Doocy and Sean Hannity were chosen I’m sure you’d be expressing concern
Tapper is not just biased he has condemned Trump and shown contempt for him

• Winner
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟666,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trump agrees to a debate and gets no say about whether there will be an audience and who the moderators will be?
If Peter Doocy and Sean Hannity were chosen I’m sure you’d be expressing concern
Tapper is not just biased he has condemned Trump and shown contempt for him
It reminds me of when they ask Trump if he'd be willing to accept the results of the November election. If he says "yes", then his opponent can skew the results however they want, and Trump will be held to his word that he'd accept the election results. Any investigation of alleged wrongdoing would then be labeled as "election denial", just as it was last time.
If Trump says "no" when asked the question, then that becomes the story--with the narrative being that he already plans to deny the election results if he lost, no matter what.
Now we already are seeing Trump's opposition dictating all the terms of the debates.
Biden refused to even debate the opposition in his own party.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟563,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It reminds me of when they ask Trump if he'd be willing to accept the results of the November election. If he says "yes", then his opponent can skew the results however they want, and Trump will be held to his word that he'd accept the election results.
How would they (who?) “skew the results”? Who are you talking about here and how would they do this?
If Trump says "no" when asked the question, then that becomes the story--with the narrative being that he already plans to deny the election results if he lost, no matter what.
That’s already true.
Now we already are seeing Trump's opposition dictating all the terms of the debates.
Which he has already accepted.
As did Trump.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I saw the Republican primary debates but I must have missed seeing Trump there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw the Republican primary debates but I must have missed seeing Trump there.
Why debate when you’re leading the closest opponent by over 30 points? It was a smart choice.

• Agree
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why debate when you’re leading the closest opponent by over 30 points? It was a smart choice.
I'm not saying whether it was a good or bad thing to do. You complained that Biden refused to debate in the primaries, I just pointed out that Trump refused to debate in the primaries too.

I'm not a history buff of USA politics but it seems quite normal for the sitting president to not go through primaries in the lead up to their second term. From memory there were no Republican primaries in the lead up to the 2020 election.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟563,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Refusing to debate until you get to the octogenarian you claim is suffering from dementia doesn’t really scream confidence.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying whether it was a good or bad thing to do. You complained that Biden refused to debate in the primaries, I just pointed out that Trump refused to debate in the primaries too.

I'm not a history buff of USA politics but it seems quite normal for the sitting president to not go through primaries in the lead up to their second term. From memory there were no Republican primaries in the lead up to the 2020 election.
You got me mixed up with someone. Biden was smart not to debate and was further ahead of his opponents than Trump..And you’re right the incumbent usually doesn’t debate

• Agree
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟150,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Refusing to debate until you get to the octogenarian you claim is suffering from dementia doesn’t really scream confidence.
No but it’s the smart choice. Biden is not much older than Trump either

• Agree
Reactions: th1bill
Upvote 0