Biden release 14 second challenge to debate Trump - takes 5 times to get it right

Should both Candidates submit to a drug test before they take the stage?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

President Biden was mocked by critics Wednesday over the number of jump cuts in his 14-second debate challenge to Donald Trump — with one wag on Twitter likening the brief video to “a Claymation film.”​
The video of Biden, 81, was released at 8 a.m. and featured the incumbent taunting the former president to “make my day” by agreeing to a on-one-on debate.​
“In a super short 14 second video, the Biden campaign needed to do 5 jump cuts because (word deleted) Joe couldn’t deliver a clean reading. Total disaster,” Trump campaign official Steven Cheung posted on X.​
Question - if it took him fives time to get a 14 second comment out - how on earth will he handle a debate with no teleprompter?

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟564,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Question - if it took him fives time to get a 14 second comment out - how on earth will he handle a debate with no teleprompter?
That’s what Biden Bot 3000 is for.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟570,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

President Biden was mocked by critics Wednesday over the number of jump cuts in his 14-second debate challenge to Donald Trump — with one wag on Twitter likening the brief video to “a Claymation film.”​
The video of Biden, 81, was released at 8 a.m. and featured the incumbent taunting the former president to “make my day” by agreeing to a on-one-on debate.​
“In a super short 14 second video, the Biden campaign needed to do 5 jump cuts because (word deleted) Joe couldn’t deliver a clean reading. Total disaster,” Trump campaign official Steven Cheung posted on X.​
These sort of cuts don't necessarily mean that he screwed up. It's possible that he did, but it's also just as likely that they made them for brevity, or because some misguided intern thought they looked good.

This is some pretty terrible editing, but there's no way to know what the raw footage looked like without seeing it.

ETA: Bad jump cuts like this are extremely common in the era of Vine, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube influencers, etc. I hate it and think it looks terrible, but it's been a trend for a long time. The zooming in and out (which is done in the editor here vs in-camera) makes it look even worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟208,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Either make the rules so ridiculous it unacceptable, or Trump will debate the moderator as well again.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟713,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I don't think Biden will ever actually debate on stage.

It won't happen. Biden made the announcement for after Trump's New York trial... They plan on jailing Trump beforehand is my bet.

Either that or go the full of whatever fancy drugs they can manage and hope for the best... But that's a trainwreck just waiting to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Either make the rules so ridiculous it unacceptable, or Trump will debate the moderator as well again.
Let’s hope they chose a moderator who moderates, not debates.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟570,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Most campaign ads feature a narrator speaking over top of other footage, often only cutting to the narrator for a few seconds at a time. Without sophisticated audio analysis tools, there's no way to know how many times the audio was edited.

Quick edits are perfectly normal and, when done well, can be very effective. For example, this was considered one of the better campaign ads of the last decade:

The edits in that come just as fast as they do in the Biden ad in the OP - there are three just in the first six seconds - but they look fine because they're done well. Whomever made Biden's video should've had a couple different cameras going along with some b-roll.

ETA: Doing a long shot without an edit is definitely a thing, but it's not the norm. It usually feels a bit off in some way because it demands an certain amount of focus from the viewer and is typically chosen when the continuity is important to the feeling or message of the video.

Here's another good campaign ad that has zero edits, for obvious reasons:

Old Spice used that approach for comedic effect (I'm not sure if these were actually done in one shot or merely stitched together with cgi to look that way)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,758.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

How many times will it take Trump to accept?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,260,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Special anti-old-timers drugs. The kind where you look almost normal for a while. That’s why a drug test could be quite revealing. But it might reveal Trump is on them too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Special anti-old-timers drugs. The kind where you look almost normal for a while. That’s why a drug test could be quite revealing. But it might reveal Trump is on them too.
If we are to be equitable - they should both. I'd go a step farther - the candidates, because of their age should go through cognitive testing with the results published before the debate also.

I think we should know ahead of time.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Where can I get some?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,123,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If we are to be equitable - they should both. I'd go a step farther - the candidates, because of their age should go through cognitive testing with the results published before the debate also.

I think we should know ahead of time.
Published before the primaries.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,138,963.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure let's drug test. We haven't ever gotten an honest accurate medical report on Trump, but we could piece together an honest picture of his health by the drugs in his system.
I am glad that the candidate not speaking will have a silenced mike while his opponent is speaking.
Let's hear the issues--not a shouting match. This has been a huge problem in recent debates.
Usually the loudest shouter has the least to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟78,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure let's drug test. We haven't ever gotten an honest accurate medical report on Trump, but we could piece together an honest picture of his health by the drugs in his system.
I am glad that the candidate not speaking will have a silenced mike while his opponent is speaking.
Let's hear the issues--not a shouting match. This has been a huge problem in recent debates.
I am curious if Biden and Trump will be able to effectively debate without any notes in front of them and also without any helpful information being given to them via ear pieces.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Make the ground level.

Have a full report on both. Maybe Obama’s doctor didn’t do a good job on Trump.

Upvote 0