Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟767,205.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Oh! the Word of God is life, he whom does not have the Word of God in he himself, he is dead, for the Word is GOD and is Life-; so you has not life, evidently, and is unconsciously dead.
As I look around what I've seen is that those who are not Christian are just as alive and vibrant in life as those who are Christian. And conversely, I've seen some Christians who are just as dead to life as are some non-Christians.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟118,304.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not your friend; I can't be friends with anyone who thinks I deserve an eternal punishment for not believing the same unsubstantiated things, never mind one who won't shut up about it.
I am wise, and that's why I don't believe in hell. Have a nice day.
The disciple is not above his Master, it is enough for the disciple that he be as his Master.

When the crowd came to arrest the Master, and Judas Iscariots went ahead of them, and forthwith he came to Jesus, and said, Hail, Master; and kissed Him. And Jesus said unto Judas:,
Friend, wherefore are you came? Betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss, Judas?

Now, see,
if the own Judas Iscariots was called friend by my Master, can't I say the same to you? Of course yes. The disciple is not above his Master, it is enough for the disciple that he be as his Master, do you understand?

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟118,304.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I look around what I've seen is that those who are not Christian are just as alive and vibrant in life as those who are Christian.
Oh you are saying that, that is your opinion, but what prevails is the Word of God, understand?

The Word is God, He is Omniscient, and Omnipotent, and Omnipresent. So you are unable to judge with Truth, the Word of God is Truth, for the Word is God. The man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord sees not as man sees, the Lord looks on the heart, understand? And God resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble, so submit yourselves therefore to God, resist the Devil, and he will flee from you.

James 4:v.4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

And conversely, I've seen some Christians who are just as dead to life as are some non-Christians.
No surprise, it because there is not any difference between false Christians and non-Christians. All of them are dead. This personal condition of these sinners explains why JESUS said: Let the dead bury their dead.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course I can, and my Master much more, to any betrayer.

Forgetting the fact that your master is the one who will condemn me to an eternal hell for not sucking up to him, he is most definitely not my friend. Nor could anyone who would use the title of "Master".

Just kidding; I'm sure that's something you and your Christian friends will never let me forget.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟118,304.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forgetting the fact that your master is the one who will condemn me to an eternal hell for not sucking up to him, he is most definitely not my friend. Nor could anyone who would use the title of "Master".

Friend, sorry, you are wrong and being unjust. It is not JESUS who condemns or will condemn you, no, absolutely no. He delivered His life for your salvation, for salvation of mankind, and who believes in Him is not condemned to the hell's fire, by no manner of means. Now see, if any man believes not in Him and in His sacrifice for salvation, then this man is already lost because there is not any other way for salvation but by JESUS. He is the way, and the Truth, and the life.

Understand, all them which belived not in JESUS they themselves, including you if believe not in JESUS, are throwing themselves into hell by themselves, no need for anyone to push you, and there will be no one else to help you after you have refused the advice of Almighty God; on the contrary, Satan himself will be pulling you all easily to hell according to own desire refusing JESUS 'advice and invitation for you all to be saved by Him.

Just kidding; I'm sure that's something you and your Christian friends will never let me forget.
To God be the Glory. He is worthy of praise

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
To God be the Glory. He is worthy of praise

We disagree.
I am not interested. As I told you before, I do not acknowledge the existence of hell, the authority of your scripture, or your god.
Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
As I imagine everyone else is bored with the yelly preaching I will attempt to bring the thread back on topic with a story from my past:

About nine years ago in the height of a long phase of involvement with a group of friends who were involved in Western Occultism, we being young men liked hanging outdoors at night and just fooling around. Well one evening in the summer my friends and I were walking along the small lakeshore of my hometown. Clear trails and a totally glass calm lake make for a pleasant evening walk. My best friend is a big, loud guy and we bantered quite a bit screwing around, we were laughing and having fun but briefly decided to split up and take different trails and meet up a bit further.

In this short interval where I walked by myself I heard some twigs snap; sensing an animal I turned around to see a deer in all antlered glory standing just staring at me. I approached it slowly and quietly and eventually it took off running the other direction but for a few moments it stood under the clear starry July sky with the full moon framed in between its antlers. If that's not a picture of the Horned One I don't know what is. At that time I was pretty Agnostic but it pushed me at least into the column of considering a more theistic version of paganism. A lot has changed since then and it is a purely coincidental experience; deer like grasslands and lakes and are active at night and in the summer....none of that's a real shock.

But its fun to me to see how perfect natural (not supernatural) experiences make for a small glimpse of the divinity of the real world. Since then both the moon and horned animal figures have featured prominently in my devotional practice. Western Occultism + Eclectic Wicca was very formative in those times for me but that imagery has kept me connected to religion all these years later.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
As I imagine everyone else is bored with the yelly preaching I will attempt to bring the thread back on topic with a story from my past:

Yes, good idea.

I had a close encounter with a bear on the Summer Solstice and that was more terrifying than spiritual.

Recently came across a fox just sitting in the middle of the trail watching me approach and when I got close enough, he stretched and slowly wandered off and disappeared into the bushes. It was like he was waiting there for me.

I've had an occasion where I was walking along the trail and one at a time, I counted 13 turkey vultures fly in from all different directions, circle me a few times, and then they all flew off in different directions.

I love stuff like that.

I'm actually off tomorrow so I'm heading down to Sandy Hook at the crack of dawn to go birding again. Last time I was there I saw a murmuration of bank swallows which is hypnotic to watch. If they're still there I'll try to get some video.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟118,304.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We disagree.
I am not interested. As I told you before, I do not acknowledge the existence of hell, the authority of your scripture, or your god.
Therefore, by your own words you confirm what I said in my posts above.

Unfortunately you chose to remain in the hell where you are actually, and you pretend that exists not what really exists, that is the infernal environment where you in fact live, and deceiving your own self. But when the FIRE be more strong in the days ahead or from now on, (by analogy-California or the fall of the WTC), then it will be late to you be convinced yourself of the satanic environment you choose, the lake of fire. As I said before, the chose is of you according your delusions.

• Haha
Reactions: awitch
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, good idea.

I had a close encounter with a bear on the Summer Solstice and that was more terrifying than spiritual.

Recently came across a fox just sitting in the middle of the trail watching me approach and when I got close enough, he stretched and slowly wandered off and disappeared into the bushes. It was like he was waiting there for me.

I've had an occasion where I was walking along the trail and one at a time, I counted 13 turkey vultures fly in from all different directions, circle me a few times, and then they all flew off in different directions.

I love stuff like that.

I'm actually off tomorrow so I'm heading down to Sandy Hook at the crack of dawn to go birding again. Last time I was there I saw a murmuration of bank swallows which is hypnotic to watch. If they're still there I'll try to get some video.

Wow that sounds scary. I remember when I was a kid I was with my cat looking out in the backyard. We lived literally behind the woods so we occasionally had deer and foxes in our yard. One day a group of foxes were hiding in my father's garden. Two of the hid behind the rocks and I presume the leader stood upright staring at me and the cat. I remember making barking sounds at it, and it barked right back. Thought that was cool.

Cannot imagine confronting a bear though. I do remember riding my bike in the middle of the night in the woods riding home and hearing a group of coyotes loudly making howling noises. That was probably the most terrifying animal encounter I had. Luckily they never showed up where I was. Lol.

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow that sounds scary.

I was following a trail around a lake, so there was nothing but water to my left and a very steep incline to the right and the bear was heading towards me from the opposite direction. I didn't want to turn around because then I'd be staying in front of the bear, so I walked as close the incline as I could and just kept going. He didn't notice me until after I passed him and I guess by then he didn't care.

I ended up watching the sunset and then I had a 15 minute walk through the woods back to the parking lot. That part was pretty cool because there must have been thousands of fireflies lighting up the trail.

I was supposed to go to Sandy Hook today but changed my mind at the last minute and went to Cliffwood Beach. Not a big variety birds today but I did get some excellent closeup pictures and videos of ospreys.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was following a trail around a lake, so there was nothing but water to my left and a very steep incline to the right and the bear was heading towards me from the opposite direction. I didn't want to turn around because then I'd be staying in front of the bear, so I walked as close the incline as I could and just kept going. He didn't notice me until after I passed him and I guess by then he didn't care.

I ended up watching the sunset and then I had a 15 minute walk through the woods back to the parking lot. That part was pretty cool because there must have been thousands of fireflies lighting up the trail.

I was supposed to go to Sandy Hook today but changed my mind at the last minute and went to Cliffwood Beach. Not a big variety birds today but I did get some excellent closeup pictures and videos of ospreys.

I've actually worried about you encountering a bear or something. Although I imagine most of peaceful if you stay your distance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married

It's funny, I don't think of NJ is a place with a lot of bears. What an experience!

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's funny, I don't think of NJ is a place with a lot of bears. What an experience!

Supposedly there are around 3000 in the state but the bears are running out of space so they are forced to look for food in more urban areas.

We definitely have a lot of wild turkey, Canada geese and deer. The deer typically run away but keep your distance from the others; they do attack.

Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Supposedly there are around 3000 in the state but the bears are running out of space so they are forced to look for food in more urban areas.

We definitely have a lot of wild turkey, Canada geese and deer. The deer typically run away but keep your distance from the others; they do attack.

Oh yeah Canadian geese are mean as heck.

Since today was Autumn Equinox or Mabon, I did a ritual for the seasonal transition as I always do. I didn't have a super special nature moment but it was a perfect day and ideal for a ritual. I went on a seasonal ritual walk and wrote in my book of shadows dedicating my thoughts to the gods.

I enjoy fall quite a bit, spring and fall are my favorite seasons.

• Agree
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh yeah Canadian geese are mean as heck.

Since today was Autumn Equinox or Mabon, I did a ritual for the seasonal transition as I always do. I didn't have a super special nature moment but it was a perfect day and ideal for a ritual. I went on a seasonal ritual walk and wrote in my book of shadows dedicating my thoughts to the gods.

I didn't really get to do anything for Mabon today due to some work obligations, but I did get to celebrate on Sunday. Went on a 12 mile hike through an undeveloped plot of land that was originally going to be flooded and turned into a reservoir, but those plans fell through and now it's a state park. Didn't get to see many birds, but I did get a 15 second video of a goldfinch and recorded some bird songs and calls. I'm turning them into spectrograms and then trying to figure out species they were.

Thursday I'm going back to Sandy Hook to see what new migrators are passing through.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, Fall is always my favorite. I like the sky when it is grayish white and the leaves are brown and orange and red and crunching under my feet. BTW, that's why I chose the username "cloudyday2". I was thinking, "what do I like?" and that was what I thought about.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0