Visit site
✟7,179.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No matter how many children you have, do you get negative responses from people for being quiverfull? I only have 1 child, but my whole family thinks I am insane for not trying to control my fertility. If you get similar reactions from loved ones, and friends, how do you handle it?

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband's family knows we were not on birth control(they only count hormonal birth control as "real" BC) for 18 months when we got pregnant. So many made comments...good thing I decided not to tell them we were TTC.

Sometimes I think people forget it's not up to them to decide how other people live.

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i really don't get weird reactions..but my situation is kind of unique. It is very hard for me to get pregnant! I adopted my first son when he was 2 mos old (he is now turning 18 yrs old in sept). Then i FINALLY got pregnant a couple years ago after 16 yrs of NO birth control. I now have a son that turned 2 yrs old in June! I am 37, will continue using NO birth control and hope God blesses me with more!! I always wanted to have 5 or more kids..i love kids. There is still time!! lol

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I have 7. We don't call ourselves quiverfull, just fertile. People do act funny around us from old women smiling and telling us they came from a large family to baby boomers whispering in disgust of so many children. My wife said 7 is enough and I'm not one to tell her otherwise so it looks like we'll stick with lucky old number 7 for now.

Upvote 0

Dgooding

Apr 28, 2006
✟7,615.00
Faith
Anglican
No matter how many children you have, do you get negative responses from people for being quiverfull? I only have 1 child, but my whole family thinks I am insane for not trying to control my fertility. If you get similar reactions from loved ones, and friends, how do you handle it?
not to disappoint you -- i'm a newbie here and saw the topic -- and i haven't had this problem but do your family and friends really pester you about not controlling your fertility?

Upvote 0

Katakalupto

Blessed be.
Apr 23, 2006
Visit site
✟7,179.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
not to disappoint you -- i'm a newbie here and saw the topic -- and i haven't had this problem but do your family and friends really pester you about not controlling your fertility?

Yes they do. I have a chronic illness, and they think it would be harmful for me to not control it. My mother and father have even gone so far as to say they will pay for BC if I will just go get a prescription. I told them the Health Department gives it away for free if I wanted it, I just don't believe in using it.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no one says anything to me about the number of children i have (only one ) other than, "you're too young"...when i tell them i plan on 4 more they think im crazy. My mom and friends think that im absolutly insane to want 5 children...but giving birth is such and joy and privilege i would love for God to bless me with 4 more children! i dont care what anyone else thinks, last time i checked my children arent going to be bothering them.

Upvote 0

HeyHomie

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2005
Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's no one's business how many kids a couple has or doesn't have. So long as both partners in the marriage are OK with the decision and the couple are capable of living with the decision.

The only exception is this: I think that if a couple obviously cannot afford or care for their kids and they keep popping them out anyway, somebody should take a stand against that.

Upvote 0

AutumnDreamer

Jan 6, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟17,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's no one's business how many kids a couple has or doesn't have. So long as both partners in the marriage are OK with the decision and the couple are capable of living with the decision.

The only exception is this: I think that if a couple obviously cannot afford or care for their kids and they keep popping them out anyway, somebody should take a stand against that.

But who decides what you are able to afford? There are many people that think we could not afford anymore b/c our vehicles are all 13 years old, and we shop at goodwill and yard sales. Yet all my kids are happy, healthy, clothed, fed, and sheltered.

Upvote 0

Katakalupto

Blessed be.
Apr 23, 2006
Visit site
✟7,179.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But who decides what you are able to afford? There are many people that think we could not afford anymore b/c our vehicles are all 13 years old, and we shop at goodwill and yard sales. Yet all my kids are happy, healthy, clothed, fed, and sheltered.

:amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen:

God provided for the Israelites in the wilderness when they asked, how can we deny that he will help us if we simply ask.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HeyHomie

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2005
Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God provided for the Israelites in the wilderness when they asked, how can we deny that he will help us if we simply ask.

I'm sure the parents of these kids have been asking for some time.

_40894026_africafamineap203.jpg

Upvote 0

AutumnDreamer

Jan 6, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟17,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do people bring up these pictures? Who know why those people are like that, it could be any number of reasons. Do I think God is not providing for them? No! Do I know why God does things? Most of the time not even a clue. But what I do know is God does not give us what we can not handle, if I can't handle more children He will not give me more children.

Upvote 0

Katakalupto

Blessed be.
Apr 23, 2006
Visit site
✟7,179.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do people bring up these pictures? Who know why those people are like that, it could be any number of reasons. Do I think God is not providing for them? No! Do I know why God does things? Most of the time not even a clue. But what I do know is God does not give us what we can not handle, if I can't handle more children He will not give me more children.
:amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen:
I couldn't have said it better.

Upvote 0

Jennifer615

Jul 5, 2004
Cairns
✟8,497.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
are the ones responsible for the impending and ongoing Latinization of the US

Getting off the subject for a minute, isn't this comment a bit racist! Although I am Australian, my daughter is half Mexican, and I find comments like this extremely offensive.

We are all precious to God, whether we are white, black, hispanic or asian. God judges you by your heart, not the colour of your skin!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgonz

What G-d calls you to do, He equips you to do.
Feb 11, 2005
El Paso, TX
✟20,780.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've gotten comments for Years. After we had 4, my grandmother said, "Now you Are done, right?!" I said "It's up to the L-rd" and she wasn't happy. Every time I got pregnant again, my parents (and my whole side of the family) was less and less supportive. It got to the point (with my last 2 children) that I told people to be happy for me~ even Lie if they had to~ or I'd hit them. LOL Last year, before I had the miscarriage, when I announced the pregnancy, no one really seemed excited or unhappy. I guess they'd given up on trying to "understand" us. I think it made it worse when I lost the baby.

I need to say something about that picture of the African child who is wasting away. We have to remember that G-d DOES take care of those who ask, and those who are His. That child belongs to a family who worships some other god/religion. There are whole tribes in Africa who've gotten saved and have never had a problem with the ongoing drought and starvation that their neighbors have.... Just thought I'd throw that in. ;)

Upvote 0

oliveplants

Senior Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
✟11,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We generally make light of it. People ask how many children we have, and DH has 6 (5 are mine). They will be very suprised and say "SIX??!" and we proudly declare "Half-way there!"
(Having heard that a quiver would hold 12 arrows. Also at the current rate, and given my mom's 'early' menopause, 12 should be about right.)

Reactions: Katakalupto
Upvote 0