Visit site
✟15,144.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Being a PK? I find it intriguing, interesting, exhilirating, fun, and hard (@ sometimes). I am surrounded by Christian friends and I am in a church that is on fire for God. My dad pours his heart out into each and every sermon that he preaches, and my church is behind him. I/he have/has had hard times, but for the most part being a preachers kid is really cool for me. Me and my friends even have our own organization,we're working on a movie also. Come visit our website(s) sometime. www warriorsofchrist.weebly.com

Reactions: KoolKat
Upvote 0

Goldilooks

just saying hello
Jul 8, 2008
US
✟15,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I am a preachers kid, I am grown up and married now but can understand the difficulties of being one. My parents really lived their faith but they were very strict no dancing or going to the movies so I was left out of a lot of the extra activities the teenagers in our church had, I was always an outsider which hurt.
There was no I understand etc from my parents they were so dedicated to believe what was right and wrong and I was brought up to do as they say period.
It was very hard at school as I was bullied because of it.

I became a Christian at 9 and I am very grateful to my parents for showing me the Christian life and bringing me up in it answering questions about it.

I think now they are far more relaxed etc and maybe would do things differently they won't go to the movies but are OK with us going to it etc.

Upvote 0

windcatcher

Up Lifter
Oct 9, 2008
Japan
✟15,381.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am a preachers kid, I am grown up and married now but can understand the difficulties of being one. My parents really lived their faith but they were very strict no dancing or going to the movies so I was left out of a lot of the extra activities the teenagers in our church had, I was always an outsider which hurt.
There was no I understand etc from my parents they were so dedicated to believe what was right and wrong and I was brought up to do as they say period.
It was very hard at school as I was bullied because of it.

I became a Christian at 9 and I am very grateful to my parents for showing me the Christian life and bringing me up in it answering questions about it.

I think now they are far more relaxed etc and maybe would do things differently they won't go to the movies but are OK with us going to it etc.

Sometimes pastors and those who serve the Lord get pushed by Satan. So they tend to mess up with priority. Family comes before a ministry. It's difficult to do that sometimes, but I am glad that now you can see all good.

Pastors are humans too. We all make mistakes. Your story and experiences can help other kids whose parents are pastors. I know a friend whose father is ranked very high in this denomination, but she struggled in many things. I think she still has the scar in her heart, but God is healing it. This kind of thing takes a lot of time and very painful.

Upvote 0