Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I feel that I could make a decent case for why the children of believers should be baptized. Anyone care to debate this question?

Hello, @Tree of Life! :) I would be interested. Now that I am done with all exams, I have come back to ChristianForums, and I guess I would enjoy a formal debate. However, I will have to go on holidays on 30 July. Can we finalise the debate until then? (I think we could, if we delay no longer.) Or should we postpone until September?

I am a Baptist, so I reject infant baptism. Believing I could make a case for credobaptism, I would be willing to discuss paedobaptism with you. You would affirm that infant baptism is acceptable or encouraged or mandatory (choose which one, because I do not know your position exactly), whereas I would deny it, explaining just why I think it is biblically unacceptable.

How many rounds? Three, according to the standard? Do you think three will do it? If so, we must take not very long to start, and the time limit must be of three days, because I must then go on vacation. Or else, we may postpone until September. What do you think?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hello, @Tree of Life! :) I would be interested. Now that I am done with all exams, I have come back to ChristianForums, and I guess I would enjoy a formal debate. However, I will have to go on holidays on 30 July. Can we finalise the debate until then? (I think we could, if we delay no longer.) Or should we postpone until September?

@MarkRohfrietsch I am still interested as long as @The Portuguese Baptist is.

I am a Baptist, so I reject infant baptism. Believing I could make a case for credobaptism, I would be willing to discuss paedobaptism with you. You would affirm that infant baptism is acceptable or encouraged or mandatory (choose which one, because I do not know your position exactly), whereas I would deny it, explaining just why I think it is biblically unacceptable.

I would affirm that paedobaptism is acceptable and encouraged.

How many rounds? Three, according to the standard? Do you think three will do it? If so, we must take not very long to start, and the time limit must be of three days, because I must then go on vacation. Or else, we may postpone until September. What do you think?

Three rounds is fine. That would be opening arguments with two responses each?

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
@MarkRohfrietsch I am still interested as long as @The Portuguese Baptist is.

I would affirm that paedobaptism is acceptable and encouraged.

Three rounds is fine. That would be opening arguments with two responses each?

Yes, I am still interested, thanks! :) I can't do it now, though, because I am on vacation and I have little time to write on and on about baptism! I should return in September. Within a few weeks, I shall tell you exactly when I can start.

As for the rounds, I was actually thinking more about the initial short arguments, plus the three rounds, plus the short conclusions. Is that not the standard?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
As for the rounds, I was actually thinking more about the initial short arguments, plus the three rounds, plus the short conclusions. Is that not the standard?

This sounds good. What constitutes a round?

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This sounds good. What constitutes a round?

In my view, a round is a sequence of two posts: the first one would be yours and the second one would be mine. With this in mind, do you agree with this model?

How long can we take to give a reply? I would prefer if we could have a time limit of one week, because I will have lots of stuff do to this year…

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
In my view, a round is a sequence of two posts: the first one would be yours and the second one would be mine. With this in mind, do you agree with this model?

How long can we take to give a reply? I would prefer if we could have a time limit of one week, because I will have lots of stuff do to this year…

This sounds agreeable. Time limit of a week per response sounds fine too. I'm ready to get started when you are. @MarkRohfrietsch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This sounds agreeable. Time limit of a week per response sounds fine too. I'm ready to get started when you are. @MarkRohfrietsch

Same here. :)

@MarkRohfrietsch, please feel free to ask us any more questions which may be necessary before starting, or to otherwise initiate the thread in which we may debate. Thank you!

Upvote 0