Charlotte nc
✟9,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, so when HaShem said to keep his laws and statutes he actually meant not to keep his laws and statutes?

The Torah says in Leviticus 19:15 to judge people fairly and not show favouritism. "Never judge others" is a statement that does not appear in the Torah or the entire Tanakh. We do however have a teaching that goes "Do not judge others until you've arrived in their place", in others words walked a mile in their shoes. Therefore I guess I am pretty Orthodox since at least I've actually read the Torah and try to follow it.

You were obviously not a religious Jew and I don't say that as a dig or insult. G-d deals with sin through sincere contrition and repentance. There is no temple therefore sacrifices are not possible... nor are they required and never were. Hosea 6:6 says G-d wants kindness and devotion to him more then sacrifices... and there are many times where he forgave people without benefit of such.
Slo you have authority to change God's law? Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin. Leviticus 17. So qheres your blood sacrifice?

• Winner
Reactions: MeekOne
Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟171,558.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Well I am a jew who never knew Jesus was a jew. On Feb 9 1985 after my daughter was born I went home to end my life. I didn't have the ability to love or be loved and was on drugs thinking that would take the pain away but it didnt..we I got home I went in kitchen to get matches and underneath it was a book called power for living. I thought it was a book on the occult so I figured let's have my final laugh. After awhile I didn't understand anything and was about to toss the book when I felt led to read 1 more page. There was this picture of a man standing on a cliff and in distant figure on another cliff there was God. In the gap was religion philosophy good deeds and sin. The next picture was a cross bridging the gap between the man and God it was at this point God revealed to me who jesus was. So I kept reading till it came to a place where God was willing to forgive and take all my sin away and give me eternal life and adopt.me as.his child and best of all God would.put his Spirit in me.so I can live for him and I thought this is the deal of a lifetime so I took the deal and it feels like it happened yesterday. God want to have a relationship not a religion with you. Selah shalom
Maybe you know the film《EDGES OF LORD》. A friendship story between a Polish Jewish boy disguised as a Catholic and a Catholic boy a son of the Jewish boy's new family during World War II. Peace.

Upvote 0

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟3,125.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
John 14:6-7 NIV

"Jesus answered, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really know Me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him.”
So? I don't believe in Jesus or the Christian bible. What do I care what it says?
Slo you have authority to change God's law? Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin. Leviticus 17. So qheres your blood sacrifice?
I have a hard time believing you're really Jewish, because you know nothing of Jewish theology. Nowhere in Leviticus does such a phrase appear. That is a Christian saying based on their own theology. In addition I quoted you the exact verse that answers your question already, maybe perhaps look it up. Besides all that there is no temple and we're not allowed to offer a sacrifice anywhere else.
Maybe you know the film《EDGES OF LORD》. A friendship story between a Polish Jewish boy disguised as a Catholic and a Catholic boy a son of the Jewish boy's new family during World War II. Peace.
I've never heard of it. What of it?

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟27,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So? I don't believe in Jesus or the Christian bible. What do I care what it says?
Because Jesus is the promised Messiah of your/our Scripture. Here is a list of 365 prophecies He fulfilled:

Luke 24:44-49 NIV

"He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

"Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

God bless!

• Informative
Upvote 0

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟3,125.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Because Jesus is the promised Messiah of your/our Scripture. Here is a list of 365 prophecies He fulfilled:

Luke 24:44-49 NIV

"He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

"Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

God bless!
So you were not actually asking me anything in good faith, you were looking for an opening. My suspicions went up when you acted as if you knew nothing about Judaism.

Quoting the bible is meaningless to someone who doesn't believe in it. I have also already been told I'm not allowed to engage on anything theological, so I have no interest in your list or discussing it since I'm not allowed.

EDIT:

I've already gotten a warning for posting a thread about what I believe in regards to Jesus, despite it not attacking anyone. If I cannot engage someone properly on the subject it makes any discussion pointless. Nobody is going to just sit there and be preached at.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟171,558.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I asked what about the movie as in "why are you mentioning it to me".
I understand under what circumstances Jew can disguise oneself as Christian. From the perspective of Noahidism, Noahide Christianity can be a way for G-d to grant permission to the Gentiles. The ending of that movie was that the Polish Catholic boy disguised himself as a Jew and entered the concentration camp, as a response to the disguise of the Jewish boy. I live in China, so I know what "necessary disguise" means. Jacob (Israel) said to his father Isaac that he was Esau, as if this kind of disguise were one of the characteristics of the people of Israel (Judah and Ephraim).

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟582,104.00
Faith
Christian
I sympathise with your people to want you to be well that I wish to stand for you’se but I know the devil is deceiving your people wanting to kill you through being deceived by antichrist for the truth is as scripture says your people have a broken relationship with God for they were deceived by your teachers to take you away from knowedge about God and rejecting messiah that was prophesied to be solution for humanities sin problem. And we dont teach to worship another God so what excuse not to receive jesus that what God would judge one for believing in christ that none of you could ever prove is wrong.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟695,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well when someone supports a authoritarian psychopathic narcissist and a bigot, it's hard to really want to be friends with that individual isn't it? I do find it ironic that you support a guy who wanted to racially profile Muslims and Arabs.

I am a professional model that has travelled all over the world including the United States extensively. I have plenty of experience with American Republicans, at least what's left of them. While I personally have an intense disdain for Trump and his MAGA cult followers, I'm at the end of the day a live and let live kind of girl. It's amazing how the MAGA cult always assumes people don't like Trump because they are ignorant or brainwashed by the news, and not because he is an odious human being. At the end of the day it's not my country and you guys can burn it down all you like, my only concern is how it affects the rest of the world.

Now I suppose I could have had a conversation with you, but since you wrote me off without knowing me and assumed things about me without evidence I suppose it's okay for me to do likewise.

I came back to the thread after posting and saw your list of reasons you cannot stand people like myself, and since you had been talking to others while ignoring my post I took your hint but thought to make sure you knew that I hold no animosity and still welcome you anyway.

I was being neighborly... It's what Christians do..

You will have plenty of time to spout hatred at me later I'm sure. That's not what I entered your thread for.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟3,125.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
I came back to the thread after posting and saw your list of reasons you cannot stand people like myself, and since you had been talking to others while ignoring my post I took your hint but thought to make sure you knew that I hold no animosity and still welcome you anyway.

I was being neighborly... It's what Christians do..

You will have plenty of time to spout hatred at me later I'm sure. That's not what I entered your thread for.
You are aching for me to attack you, and you will leave disappointed. I said I dislike MAGA cultists and that was the extent of it. You decided to try and provoke me by volunteering this information and segueing into how I'm going to do this and must think that. It's like if I heard someone say they dislike Jews and I immediately run up and go "I'm a Jew! Look at me!"

If you had not told me I'd never have known who you vote for because I don't ask people those types of questions and, more importantly, I don't care.

Upvote 0

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟3,125.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
I understand under what circumstances Jew can disguise oneself as Christian. From the perspective of Noahidism, Noahide Christianity can be a way for G-d to grant permission to the Gentiles. The ending of that movie was that the Polish Catholic boy disguised himself as a Jew and entered the concentration camp, as a response to the disguise of the Jewish boy. I live in China, so I know what "necessary disguise" means. Jacob (Israel) said to his father Isaac that he was Esau, as if this kind of disguise were one of the characteristics of the people of Israel (Judah and Ephraim).
We are absolutely allowed to lie to save ours or another's life. There was a scene in that movie "Inglorious B****'s" (Not trying to evade censorship, I just don't know what the rules are on movie titles) where a nazi tries to trap a Jew by making her eat non-Kosher food. Everyone watching thought this was some major event but the reality is we're actually obligated to do so. We can't throw our lives away frivolously and if someone told me to eat a bacon and cheese sandwich or someone would die, I would do so in a heartbeat and it's no sin to do so.

The laws of Noah basically means what is required of a non-Jew by G-d. Don't kill, steal, don't blaspheme, be just, don't be cruel to animals and so on.
I sympathise with your people to want you to be well that I wish to stand for you’se but I know the devil is deceiving your people wanting to kill you through being deceived by antichrist for the truth is as scripture says your people have a broken relationship with God for they were deceived by your teachers to take you away from knowedge about God and rejecting messiah that was prophesied to be solution for humanities sin problem. And we dont teach to worship another God so what excuse not to receive jesus that what God would judge one for believing in christ that none of you could ever prove is wrong.
I cannot begin to decipher what you are saying,

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟695,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are aching for me to attack you

I'm not reading past this quoted portion. I was simply being polite and attending proper and good manners.

I didn't realize I was dealing with someone without any capacity to politeness.

I'll never reply to you again. Take care.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟3,125.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not reading past this quoted portion. I was simply being polite and attending proper and good manners.

I didn't realize I was dealing with someone without any capacity to politeness.

I'll never reply to you again. Take care.
I didn't realize refusing to attack or argue with someone was considered impolite. Must be a cultural difference.

You went out of your way to prod me and you know it.

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟87,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh, so when HaShem said to keep his laws and statutes he actually meant not to keep his laws and statutes?

The Torah says in Leviticus 19:15 to judge people fairly and not show favouritism. "Never judge others" is a statement that does not appear in the Torah or the entire Tanakh. We do however have a teaching that goes "Do not judge others until you've arrived in their place", in others words walked a mile in their shoes. Therefore I guess I am pretty Orthodox since at least I've actually read the Torah and try to follow it.

You were obviously not a religious Jew and I don't say that as a dig or insult. G-d deals with sin through sincere contrition and repentance. There is no temple therefore sacrifices are not possible... nor are they required and never were. Hosea 6:6 says G-d wants kindness and devotion to him more then sacrifices... and there are many times where he forgave people without benefit of such.
HaShem bless you, keep you and yours… and may He forever protect Israel and all children of Jacob around the world… which are facing Anti-Semitism at a level that has rarely been seen for many years!

All Love in HaShem to you! <3

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟87,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I didn't realize refusing to attack or argue with someone was considered impolite. Must be a cultural difference.

You went out of your way to prod me and you know it.
Are there any specific areas of the Tanakh that you enjoy discussion about, more than others?

Upvote 0

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟3,125.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Are there any specific areas of the Tanakh that you enjoy discussion about, more than others?
To be honest not really, but I try to get through it once a year. When my husband was killed I spent a considerable amount of time reading Job. I'm usually up for anything if one wishes to discuss.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟171,558.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single