Aug 21, 2015
✟15,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. But they no longer have any excuse for their sin.
John 15:22

In most fairly new cars, if you sit on the front seats; whether the driver's seat or the co-driver's one, the seat belt icon keeps flashing until you put it on. It's dictionary definition is; seatbelt : a safety belt used in a car or plane to hold you in your seat in case of an accident; seat belt;

So its role is to keep you from any unforeseen danger that would harm you in the event of an accident. Similarly in our christian walk, we have been provided a safety belt of sorts that helps us keep from danger regardless of what comes our way. This is found in the person of Jesus. Through His word and Spirit, we are taught and prepared and shielded. Thus the importance of knowing who we are and what His Word says about what we have, what we can do and who we are. This then means making time to get to know what God says in His word and in prayer to hear from Him as we converse with Him. However , a lot of times we look for short-cuts..
I watched my nephew once lock in the seat belt behind him such that it didn't restrain him, but simply 'tricked' the car into 'thinking' (go with me here) that the passenger was intact. The icon stopped beeping and flashing, but was my nephew safe in the event of an accident???

It's okay to listen to sermons as well as read them from whichever source, but it is also very important to personally spend time with God and learn through revelation from Him. This way, YOU learn from Him. He teaches YOU.

Teach me how you want me to live; lead me along a level path because of those who wait to ambush me!
Ps 27:11
The word of God is said to be alive and active!! Let it teach and transform us as we ALLOW Him to do it. He doesn't talk to SOME people, He wants to talk to all of us.. We have no excuse.

I will instruct and teach you about how you should live. I will advise you as I look you in the eye.
Ps 32:8

You're blessed!!!

Reactions: MWood