My boyfriend’s mental health situation (not good)

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Continuing from here, sort of:

So changing the freeze plugs was just the beginning, we also had to replace the radiator because it leaked after the freeze plug thing was fixed. Then my brother remembered that 4Runners have timing belts and, of course, my boyfriend’s has never been replaced. The Lord is holding that thing together at this point. We don’t have the money to replace it for at least another month.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend is not taking any of this well. He’s been having really bad mental illness episodes which have him losing his voice, breaking down to the point where he’s acting like a child and screaming at people, and threatening to do things to himself, asking me for weapons, etc. He is also wildly misinterpreting things that I’m saying in negative ways, worse than usual. He needs professional psychiatric help urgently.

Please pray for patience and financial provision for both of us as we deal with this incredibly frustrating situation. Also pray that I can find a mental health clinic to take my boyfriend to and actually get him there, and also some relief from the intensity of these episodes. Some of this is par for the course in fighting abusers, but seeing him break down like that is causing me grief.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

So changing the freeze plugs was just the beginning, we also had to replace the radiator because it leaked after the freeze plug thing was fixed. Then my brother remembered that 4Runners have timing belts and, of course, my boyfriend’s has never been replaced. The Lord is holding that thing together at this point. We don’t have the money to replace it for at least another month.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend is not taking any of this well. He’s been having really bad mental illness episodes which have him losing his voice, breaking down to the point where he’s acting like a child and screaming at people, and threatening to do things to himself, asking me for weapons, etc. He is also wildly misinterpreting things that I’m saying in negative ways, worse than usual. He needs professional psychiatric help urgently.

Please pray for patience and financial provision for both of us as we deal with this incredibly frustrating situation. Also pray that I can find a mental health clinic to take my boyfriend to and actually get him there, and also some relief from the intensity of these episodes. Some of this is par for the course in fighting abusers, but seeing him break down like that is causing me grief.
I prayed for your boyfriend that he gets the right mental health treatment. The last 4-5 years have been rough for everybody.

Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, my boyfriend is not taking any of this well.
Only one solution, put it under the blood of Jesus, there is no other way. Then that stuff will flee from him.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,095,576.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
To be honest, it sounds like you are living in fornication with your boyfriend. The Bible makes it clear, that though he is very merciful, he best blesses the
prayers of those who are walking in his ways.

I will pray for the mental issues and finances. But most of all, I pray that you will come to really believe that in the Bible, the Lord means what he says, and says what he means. His rules are only for our good.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hey, another thing, if this is allowed in the prayer subforum. I found a video on how to replace a timing belt on a 4Runner (517 likes to 13 dislikes ratio). It is 70 minutes long, but maybe your boyfriend and you can work on fixing the timing belt (without labor costs).

Reactions: jess09
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
To be honest, it sounds like you are living in fornication with your boyfriend. The Bible makes it clear, that though he is very merciful, he best blesses the
prayers of those who are walking in his ways.

I will pray for the mental issues and finances. But most of all, I pray that you will come to really believe that in the Bible, the Lord means what he says, and says what he means. His rules are only for our good.
The two of us do not live together and are not committing sin as you suggest. We help each other with our problems because we are dead broke.

We have enough problems without adding problems and conflict with God to the list. We need God to help solve our problems and will get nowhere by spitting in His face. Frankly, the two of us would be married by now if we had a safe place to live together. I've known this person for well over a year now, and he is a spiritually sound person whom I am confident that I can build my life with. We work together well and take care of each other.

Hey, another thing, if this is allowed in the prayer subforum. I found a video on how to replace a timing belt on a 4Runner (517 likes to 13 dislikes ratio). It is 70 minutes long, but maybe your boyfriend and you can work on fixing the timing belt (without labor costs).

My brother looked into that and said he was unwilling to do it, and the two of us aren't good enough with cars to handle the job.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The two of us do not live together and are not committing sin as you suggest. We help each other with our problems because we are dead broke.

We have enough problems without adding problems and conflict with God to the list. We need God to help solve our problems and will get nowhere by spitting in His face. Frankly, the two of us would be married by now if we had a safe place to live together. I've known this person for well over a year now, and he is a spiritually sound person whom I am confident that I can build my life with. We work together well and take care of each other.

My brother looked into that and said he was unwilling to do it, and the two of us aren't good enough with cars to handle the job.
For the second part, maybe you can go to a Christian church group that fixes cars.

I searched online (churches that fix cars), and there are churches that do this (random church online): OSLC Car Shop

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Update: The car disconnected a ball joint this morning and was leaning to one side. My boyfriend's parents had to tow the car to the mechanic this time.

At this point, I'm just going to say that the car is a lost cause and needs to be replaced, and it's just going to be an ever living fountain of tribulation until we do. Don't tell my boyfriend I said that though, or he will turn into a sub traumatic version of himself for some reason. He really can't take this reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums