• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My son is a type 1 brittle, juvenile diebetic !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My kids did not get Type one till they were in 6th and 10th grades...

Have you looked into diabetes camp?

In some cities there are some daycare programs that specilize in high need kids.

Day care programs and camps are required to make reasonable accomidations for special needs kids. That includes having someone on staff trained to check blood sugar levels, read urine test strips and administer insulin and handle low blood sugars. The Department of Justice does disabilities not consider that unreasonable at all. I have read several cases that were delt with under the
Americans with Disabilities Act.

Check with your local ADA and diabetic educators.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
angel4god79 said:
Hello my son whom is six years old will be on the insulin pump thsi summer. Looking for other parents that have young children with type 1 and a question on what to do for child day care during the summer months when school is out ??
Hello,
My son is also 6 and has Type I diabetes, though he is on the shots. He gets two shots a day. He was diagnosed about a year ago. I've thought about the pump, but we are worried he will play with it. He doesn't seem to be able to tell when he is low or high very well. We haven't tried day care with him. My wife has a job on weekends and I am going to be working during the week.

Jeff

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.